What's new

Guide - Piercing *Updated* MKXL Mileena Piercing Guide

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
***For the mods, you can remove the other thread altogether if you'd like, just please don't merge them***

This is an updated Piercing guide, post patch, since a lot was fixed for her, along with various nerfs, and the universal poke buff. Any input and critique is welcome, and I hope this guide serves to help anyone picking her up, already using her, or having trouble in the MU. It is broken into four parts to cover her as a whole, and each segment will be titled on what it will cover. Included will be her frame data thread and other bonus combo videos.

Pt. 1 (Intro & Specials):

Pt. 2 (Strings & Staggers):

Pt. 3 (Understanding her Meta):

Pt. 4 (OKI & Closing it out):

Post XL Patch Optimized Combos:

Frame Data Thread:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/mileena-frame-data-chart.56314/

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Things really like about your Mileena is that you always try to maximize all combos and you are aware of ground sai being safe on block, can potentially become a safe launcher

Delay the jump kick. If done right you should be able to land the B12 restand without running
Is it not a iasai after the teleport kick connects in order for the b12 to connect? Or is it more on delaying the jump kick that stops the push back being out of range sometimes that causes the b12 to whiff?

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Is it not a iasai after the teleport kick connects in order for the b12 to connect? Or is it more on delaying the jump kick that stops the push back being out of range sometimes that causes the b12 to whiff?
I do the sai immediately after telekick connects. you're gonna have to land the jump kick a lot later then you think you'll have to. It actually looks kind of funny since you are almost below them when it lands. delaying it also gives you more time to buffer the telekick input.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
nicely put together, our understanding of her meta is so similar in some points, and so different in others.
Thanks! That's what I like about her too, where at the core, she has a general way to play her well, but past that, its up to the imagination. Would you say what I put was incorrect or just different?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@Akromaniac27 just got around to watching these now, much more to the point that your previous videos so very good stuff on that

have a question though, when talking about b21 2+4 ender you say you cant really crush wakeups off it, why no mention of the 2/d1~roll/exroll OS's?
know that generally unless going for the kill it better to do the b12 1+3/double roll enders as follow up options are better but still think the OS is worth the mention

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
@Akromaniac27 just got around to watching these now, much more to the point that your previous videos so very good stuff on that

have a question though, when talking about b21 2+4 ender you say you cant really crush wakeups off it, why no mention of the 2/d1~roll/exroll OS's?
know that generally unless going for the kill it better to do the b12 1+3/double roll enders as follow up options are better but still think the OS is worth the mention
Because wake up normal slide/roll (or low profile moves) can avoid the 2. Althought I'm sure about this, I am gonna recheck.