What's new

UPDATED: INJUSTICE 2 Confirmed for EVO 2017! Mortal Kombat XL MUST BE VOTED IN via DONATIONS!

I don't get how people are finding this so surprising and stupid and even calling it disrespectful

Last time evo hosted an injustice tournament, we boo'd during grand finals because of character choice (while the melee community supported VERY LOUDLY over the fox and marth picks they've seen for over a decade).

On top of that, we actively try to replace evo for not treating us like royalty. No doubt injustice 2 will have over 1K entrants. But if it even gets second year evo, it'll get like 275-400 and be on par with umvc3 likely.

Speaking of marvel, that's where my money is going. More hype, better game, better legacy.

Do I hate NRS games? No, I hate the community mostly.
Here price come again with the hate hooray let's forget the community growth and say injustice year 2 will be on par with a dead game

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Gripe time: How the fuck is Injustice 2 not on the stage Sunday? I feel like I was just spoon-fed a wooden spoon full of boiling hot beans.
Is it still not understand that Mr. Wizard is a huge nintoddler? He's given questionable, at best, nintendo games the overwhelming benefit of the doubt in terms of relevence to the FGC.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't understand ... nrs consistently supports evo and evo consistently treats them as second class ... and is it really a question that Inj2 attracts more entrants and viewership than T7 and BB? I just thought that was a fact but maybe I'm wrong.
Yes it is questionable.

You could maybe argue this for Blazblue, but the idea that people think Tekken is some kind of "niche IP" in the FGC is comical. Even MKvDC had a bigger market than Injustice 1.
I'll give it to KI. If NRS decided to keep supporting MK, and release the Lane Bryant edition, then EVO would have had it in the main line-up.
Not sure if this is sarcasm, but it kinda did?

I don't think developer support has much to do with it either way, NRS called it GGs on supporting MK9 after 6 months and that game was way more fundamentally flawed by design, still got an official slot for 3 EVOs straight.

(Oh and for those that don't remember, MK9 at its 3rd year was ran entirely on Friday, not sure why people are acting like this is some unprecedented treatment for an NRS game)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I don't get how people are finding this so surprising and stupid and even calling it disrespectful

Last time evo hosted an injustice tournament, we boo'd during grand finals because of character choice (while the melee community supported VERY LOUDLY over the fox and marth picks they've seen for over a decade).

On top of that, we actively try to replace evo for not treating us like royalty. No doubt injustice 2 will have over 1K entrants. But if it even gets second year evo, it'll get like 275-400 and be on par with umvc3 likely.

Speaking of marvel, that's where my money is going. More hype, better game, better legacy.

Do I hate NRS games? No, I hate the community mostly.
Jesus Christ that's savage.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Lol in a world where Call of Inapts still sells 10 million copies, you're actually surprised by the lineup?

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
The MKXL donation announcement should've gotten it's own thread as it's being drowned out by people bitching about main stage line-up. It also should've been posted some time sooner than half a day after the NRS tweet but whatever.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The MKXL donation announcement should've gotten it's own thread as it's being drowned out by people bitching about main stage line-up. It also should've been posted some time sooner than half a day after the NRS tweet but whatever.
I'd rather focus on getting Injustice on the main stage than on pushing for a lackluster MKX main event when everyone's switched focus to Injustice.

Take that money and donate it toward putting together an NRS community event instead or something.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If there is any interest in getting MKX at EVO this year, the best chance is getting the bigger names in the community running some charity stream(s) where all donations from viewers go towards the game being included at EVO. I think this is an idea worth pursuing seeing as how all the donations would be going to a good cause anyways.

@REO
@Tom Brady
@Pig Of The Hut
@Mr Aquaman
@tylerlansdown
Absolutely this.

Add @PND_Ketchup and @PND_Mustard from Europe, their streams have also a considerable amount of viewers.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I'd rather focus on getting Injustice on the main stage than on pushing for a lackluster MKX event when everyone's switched focus to Injustice.

Take that money and donate it toward putting together an NRS community event instead or something.
Okay well maybe others don't agree with you in that regard. Others may have wanted to know about supporting MKX before other games got a $3000+ lead. This zero sum mentality between the NRS titles is precise why this community is stuck is its infancy. We don't deserve a mainstage game, especially after last year when we said we'd rather have a Saturday finals than the Sunday finals we got. I don't blame Mr. Wizard in the slightest for not accomodating for this community.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Okay well maybe others don't agree with you in that regard. Others may have wanted to know about supporting MKX before other games got a $3000+ lead. This zero sum mentality between the NRS titles is precise why this community is stuck is its infancy. We don't deserve a mainstage game, especially after last year when we said we'd rather have a Saturday finals than the Sunday finals we got. I don't blame Mr. Wizard in the slightest for not accomodating for this community.
If you think that $3000 lead is simply due to time and not resources and dedication, you probably haven't been following past donations and votes for these games.

I'm all for donating to charity -- but I think it'd be nice at sone point to have us pool some resources for ourselves, rather than playing someone else's game from a disadvantage.

Take the money that would have gone towards losing the vote to some other game and put it where it's actually 100% guaranteed to go towards an actual NRS-community event.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
If you are interested in having myself create an official MKXL EVO Side tourney, with a dedicated stream, multiple stream stations, community raised pot on GoFundMe w 100% of the donations going to the pot, Evo side tourney medals, Player cards, bracket released publicly on stream before evo, instant payout, and we choose our own commentators then let me know because I can and I will make this happen.

Last time myself and Troy did this we raised so much freaking money for the payout, we had IGN cover the event and it gained significant press.

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow

portent

Noob
If you are interested in having myself create an official MKXL EVO Side tourney, with a dedicated stream, multiple stream stations, community raised pot on GoFundMe w 100% of the donations going to the pot, Evo side tourney medals, Player cards, bracket released publicly on stream before evo, instant payout, and we choose our own commentators then let me know because I can and I will make this happen.

Last time myself and Troy did this we raised so much freaking money for the payout, we had IGN cover the event and it gained significant press.

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow
Probably the best way to get this done. If there isn't interest, then maybe MK9 again? I bet you'd get a great turnout as well.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
If you think that $3000 lead is simply due to time and not resources and dedication, you probably haven't been following past donations and votes for these games.

I'm all for donating to charity -- but I think it'd be nice at sone point to have us pool some resources for ourselves, rather than playing someone else's game from a disadvantage.

Take the money that would have gone towards losing the vote to some other game and put it where it's actually 100% guaranteed to go towards an actual NRS-community event.
We could pool our resources fine if we had community leaders willing to organize it. Not a single tweet about it from any of the MKX players I follow and it's a footnote edit in a thread about another game on the supposed community hub.

Being bitter about not getting all the fanfare other more mature communities gains us nothing and Mr. Wizard loses nothing by keeping NRS an after thought. KI community didn't get bitter about their treatment at EVO last year. Windjammers community sprung up out of fucking no where. But yet we seem to think having a pissing match with the biggest community-showcasing event of the year is going to gain us something.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow
Show me where to donate.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
We could pool our resources fine if we had community leaders willing to organize it. Not a single tweet about it from any of the MKX players I follow and it's a footnote edit in a thread about another game on the supposed community hub.

Being bitter about not getting all the fanfare other more mature communities gains us nothing and Mr. Wizard loses nothing by keeping NRS an after thought. KI community didn't get bitter about their treatment at EVO last year. Windjammers community sprung up out of fucking no where. But yet we seem to think having a pissing match with the biggest community-showcasing event of the year is going to gain us something.
Players aren't the only people who can organize things. In fact, in most other communities, they aren't the people who organize things.

But if you think that we're about to commit with the same level of deep-pocketry as some of these other games in the poll, you're also probably not being realistic.

That money is better spent going towards our own event.

Udun

Noob

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow
Hell yessssssss!! Saint Pig, dooooo it!

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Players aren't the only people who can organize things. In fact, in most other communities, they aren't the people who organize things.
Never said they were. However they have often have the biggest followings in the community and their word of support does wonders. The opposite is true as well, bad-mouthing a game they are on the outs with currently, and is a running theme around here.

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey

@STORMS @CrimsonShadow
I think that's a great idea.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Never said they were. However they have often have the biggest followings in the community and their word of support does wonders. The opposite is true as well, bad-mouthing a game they are on the outs with currently, and is a running theme around here.
Well, you already have a player in this thread who's offering to take money towards a guaranteed pot instead of a "maybe we'll make it".