What's new

UPDATE: Patch still in progress; additional notes from NetherRealm Stream

To be fair, even EVO outright banned Zod before he was released as it was too early to see if the character was broken (bugs or balance wise).
Yes, but Zod came out less than two weeks before Evo and Martian is out almost a month before the MFA

booivi

Good Game :)
Idk what's the deal with big & buff characters that game designers tend to always make them grapplers. If they do add Swamp Thing, please make him a solid fighter with a little bit of everything but not a straight grapple character.

It's good to know that they promised not to drop support for the game and let it die like MK9. And I'm glad they're taking their time with the patch, tbh the biweekly patch thing they did before felt rushed

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Idk what's the deal with big & buff characters that game designers tend to always make them grapplers. If they do add Swamp Thing, please make him a solid fighter with a little bit of everything but not a straight grapple character.

Doomsday and Lex aren't, thankfully.
I guess it could be debated that Lobo is, seeing has his Czarnian Toss is easily his go to tool (and most of his other tools could definitely be better :( #BuffLobo ), but this game actually isn't as heavy on the grappling as I thought it was going to be.
I'm thinking that since Grundy and Bane are pretty much it on that avenue that they would just to give that particular kind of character some new play. Lobo was an accidental wrestler, Batgirl was the "I can do everything" batbitch from hell, Scorpion was the bastard son of anti-zoning Kombat whose throne was stolen by nerfs, and Zod...well, he's got some nice goggles.
And now we have MMH, who looks like Sektor, Dhalsim and Viola all concieved a baby together, put him in a cape, and wished him the best of luck.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got a new grappler out of Swampy.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
  • Lots of buffs, lots of normalizations coming in next patch
    Enough said. That's what this game needs right now. Well, more NERFS than BUFFS imo, but that's all right.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
  • Lots of buffs, lots of normalizations coming in next patchEnough said. That's what this game needs right now. Well, more NERFS than BUFFS imo, but that's all right.
I love how "normalization" has become the new "Over The Top."

I'm all for it. Leave Doomsday be, do what you will, NRS.
Let the deck be reshuffled.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

As far as matters of grappling are concerned.
Enough of his highest-effect BnB's and such require it; in my mind, that makes him half a grappler. Maybe even 3 quarters.
Can't say for sure.

Beer.

:coffee: (Pretend that's beer, and it's so cold it can see its own breath.)

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
As far as matters of grappling are concerned.
Enough of his highest-effect BnB's and such require it; in my mind, that makes him half a grappler. Maybe even 3 quarters.
Can't say for sure.

Beer.

:coffee: (Pretend that's beer, and it's so cold it can see its own breath.)
I agree to some extent, while this thread isn't the place to discuss this. But I don't believe his play style is holistically focused on his command as you've said its larger purpose is for combo extension. Two words... Oki Game

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I agree to some extent, while this thread isn't the place to discuss this. But I don't believe his play style is holistically focused on his command as you've said its larger purpose is for combo extension. Two words... Oki Game

Mmmm. Oki.
It's as a pretty a word as it is satisfying a tactic.

10 bucks says Superman gets accidently buffed.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I haven't read all the pages but what was the 800mb download if nothing was patched? Surely it couldn't have only been MMH's move set, render, etc.