What's new

UPDATE: NEC 14 INJUSTICE: GAU Top 16 Set & Now Playing!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
None of the Next Level or Break regulars are doing well.
Hold this.

NEC 14 Top 8:

1 NLBC Regular -- First Bane to make Top 8 at a major (and in winners no less)
1 GGA Player
2 WNF Regulars
1 Norcal Guy
1 Florida player
1 Break Regular
1 Midwest King

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Hold this.

NEC 14 Top 8:

1 NLBC Regular -- First Bane to make Top 8 at a major
1 GGA Player
2 WNF Regulars
1 Norcal Guy
1 Florida player
1 Break Regular
1 Midwest King

True, I'll hold that. Two of them delivered. However the WC still has more in the top 8 than EC in their own major. This tournament is still like Anaheim were we're done pretending The Break is the only weekly that matters.

We'll see who wins tomorrow. I'm hyped. This is in the running for tournament of the year.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
True, I'll hold that. Two of them delivered. However the WC still has more in the top 8 than EC in their own major. This tournament is still like Anaheim were we're done pretending The Break is the only weekly that matters.

We'll see who wins tomorrow. I'm hyped. This is in the running for tournament of the year.
There are 3 EC players (Florida, NY and NJ) and 3 WC (2 SoCal and 1 NorCal), along with 2 midwest.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Still, so many WC guys in the top 8 of an EC major is a blow-up, especially since they won so many head-to-head match-ups, including the biggest of them all (KDZ vs. Theo).

Exactly. I'm not holding much here.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There are 3 EC players (Florida, NY and NJ) and 3 WC (2 SoCal and 1 NorCal), along with 2 midwest.

Florida doesn't count for East Coast. Get out of here with that. They're their own region.

When CEO was the only road to EVO qualifier everyone went ape bout how EVO ignored the EC. Nice try sir.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Florida doesn't count for East Coast. Get out of here with that. They're their own region.

When CEO was the only road to EVO qualifier everyone went ape bout how EVO ignored the EC. Nice try sir.
Then NorCal doesn't count for West Coast, since it's similarly far away from SoCal? :)

The WC called CEO an EC major.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Who thinks Noobe was out there working his ass off to represent the Break and Next Level and EC? The fuck out of here.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Then NorCal doesn't count for West Coast, since it's similarly far away from SoCal? :)

No. They're sister scenes. They support/play each other. They're like GGA/CoCo or Break/Next Level. Just a little further.

No one thinks of Noobe as an East Coast player. It's downplaying the work he did here.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
He was repping WC. He identifies as WC.
Ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say Florida isn't on the East Coast (*raised eyebrow*). Regardless -- this tournament is ridiculous, and it's been great to see everyone from all of the different areas do their thing.

IGAU is strong all over; and looking more alive than ever.

Still, so many WC guys in the top 8 of an EC major is a blow-up, especially since they won so many head-to-head match-ups, including the biggest of them all (KDZ vs. Theo).
No doubt the WC represented majorly today and showed that they are here to stay.

Last edited:
About two years ago I was prehypertension and I've spent that time bringing my blood pressure back down to a more healthy level. In one day, you have all undone my hard work. Seriously....every damn match....just incredible. I'm exhausted just from watching it. I don't care how early top 8 is. I'm setting two alarms and I'll be watching.

WB/DC/NRS have nothing to do with the success of the stream, don't put the blame on them.

NEC is a grassroots event, KombatNetwork is a community based stream that are local to the area.

KN also does not make money from doing this. If anything they lose money based on time spent/travel expenses/stream equipment expenses/bandwidth (since NEC is not supplying them with bandwidth however multiple other streams are running fine).

It has been mentioned a few times here and in stream that they are looking for a 4g card that someone in the community will likely have to fund from their own pocket.
Maybe blame is not the right word but my point was that NRS should be involved/more supportive so KN doesn't have to lose money while basically promoting Injustice for free.

Once the stream came on I was reminded that someone is putting up some kind of resources with the "sponsors/affiliates" banners as well as the donation email (which I will be using and encourage others to do). The injustice matches were amazing today - that Tyrant/Theo match - my god....

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
In all honesty @GGA16Bit, we certainly dont consider ourselves east coast, we're down south. But we dont hate either way...we simply dont care. Were impartial to the region 'fighting'

Lilith

Baebality
In all honesty @GGA16Bit, we certainly dont consider ourselves east coast, we're down south. But we dont hate either way...we simply dont care. Were impartial to the region 'fighting'
you niggas have clearly NEVER seen a damn map. FL is the red headed stepchild of the east coast but guess what? we are on the east aren't we? we aren't no cornfed south mfers. chill with that.