What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
That ToS is just a 'standard' thing. I'd like to see if they ever have the balls to actually do it.

In a way, I want them to... the following meltdown and mass loss of business for WB in the following YEARS to come will burn them for the remainder of the century.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Here's another exoloit some of you might want to try.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bjder3
Part of me wants to say fuck it and do this. But, unlike the shrine heads this costs currency and stuff to get properly. Oof. I don't know if I wanna cheat the whole thing.

This is incredibly tempting, specially after having spent an hour and a half doing fatalities on Kitana to get her impaled head. Are fatalities online counted towards the total for these impaled heads?
Nope. Only in Towers of Time and Klassic Towers.

This is incredibly tempting, specially after having spent an hour and a half doing fatalities on Kitana to get her impaled head. Are fatalities online counted towards the total for these impaled heads?
We don't really know since there are no official statements about this, but we don't think so

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
I heard you don’t have to exit the Krypt at all. Just hold X before walking up to the spike? Not sure how true.

I’m not doing this either way. I plan to play this game for a long time, and I’m always paranoid about doing things that might jeopardize my accounts.
but dude theres literally zero reason for this to be that hard, i mean even after you do the glitch you feel like you have a ton of stuff to unlock so yeah i think their challenge was just too freaking hard. i mean 50 fatalities ON THAT character? atleast make it so you have to do 50 fatalities with THAT character and not ON them, i guess that's karma man hah they got messed up now for making the challenge that grindy

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
but dude theres literally zero reason for this to be that hard, i mean even after you do the glitch you feel like you have a ton of stuff to unlock so yeah i think their challenge was just too freaking hard. i mean 50 fatalities ON THAT character? atleast make it so you have to do 50 fatalities with THAT character and not ON them, i guess that's karma man hah they got messed up now for making the challenge that grindy
I mean, its not hard to accomplish that. Its just VERY TIME CONSUMING and when challenges feel like that, not a lot of ppl will have fun doing it. Esepcially since you dont get any skins for playing ranked.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
It’s not hard at all. You just want it immediately, when it was supposed to happen naturally down the road. NRS was trying to give people long-term goals to work toward. People just want everything right this moment, so they can then complain there’s nothing left to do.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
It’s not hard at all. You just want it immediately, when it was supposed to happen naturally down the road. NRS was trying to give people long-term goals to work toward. People just want everything right this moment, so they can then complain there’s nothing left to do.
nah i don't agree, yeah it's not hard but you have to play a ton of hours with bots lmao. Who wants to do that in a fighting game in 2019, i like the towers of time don't get me wrong i just don't see any point on grinding that hard just for a mask and a victory pose. it should be way easier like 10 fatalities on that character not 50 for each, just admit that it's crazy

Last edited:

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Happen 'naturally down the road'? Nigga plz...

If NRS actually believes their game is that good and worth playing exclusively for years to come, they're more deluded than anyone ever thought possible. They're trying to make the game into the GaaS model, but without the quality of service that's expected of a game of that model. You kind of have to actually GIVE SERVICE when you want your game to be a service.

But no, they insert horrendous, almost intolerable levels of content gating that not only does not respect the player's time, but frustrates the player on top of that and is just flat out NOT FUN and then expect ppl to play nice? Yeah no it REALLY doesn't work that way. For people to play a game exclusively for a very long time requires the game to be engaging, fun, and have constantly changing content on a regular (usually monthly) basis. The game and content also has to respect the player's time and give them a good sense of progression that will keep them entertained and engaged.

MK11's single player content does absolutely NONE of the above. It is dull, repetitive, and flat out BORING. The only thing that will naturally happen is the game will be a literal wasteland before the first month is done. They have all of the delusion and honestly believe their shit don't stink, when the room has already emptied because of the unbearable stench.

DDustiNN

nah i don't agree, yeah it's not hard but you have to play a ton of hours with bots lmao. Who wants to do that in a fighting game in 2019, i like the towers of time don't get me wrong i just don't any see any point on grinding that hard just for a mask and a victory pose. it should be way easier like 10 fatalities on that character not 50 for each, just admit that it's crazy
I’ve already admitted it’s crazy and I don’t disagree the amount is too high. My point is purely regarding people who feel forced to “grind” them all immediately.

DDustiNN

Happen 'naturally down the road'? Nigga plz...

If NRS actually believes their game is that good and worth playing exclusively for years to come, they're more deluded than anyone ever thought possible. They're trying to make the game into the GaaS model, but without the quality of service that's expected of a game of that model. You kind of have to actually GIVE SERVICE when you want your game to be a service.

But no, they insert horrendous, almost intolerable levels of content gating that not only does not respect the player's time, but frustrates the player on top of that and is just flat out NOT FUN and then expect ppl to play nice? Yeah no it REALLY doesn't work that way. For people to play a game exclusively for a very long time requires the game to be engaging, fun, and have constantly changing content on a regular (usually monthly) basis. The game and content also has to respect the player's time and give them a good sense of progression that will keep them entertained and engaged.

MK11's single player content does absolutely NONE of the above. It is dull, repetitive, and flat out BORING. The only thing that will naturally happen is the game will be a literal wasteland before the first month is done. They have all of the delusion and honestly believe their shit don't stink, when the room has already emptied because of the unbearable stench.
Towers of Time change constantly. If you don’t find them fun (like me, personally I hate most of the modifiers), then that mode is not for you. But it’s something for single-player people to do which is not the same towers over and over.

Personally I prefer playing online, because that always feels different. I wish I could earn this stuff via online modes. But I’m not blind and can clearly see that they’re trying to give singe-player some longevity.

The biggest complaint about single-player content in fighting games is that there’s not enough to do. People finish the story, play a few towers, then drop it because there’s nothing else to do. NRS is trying to give those players stuff to do. I appreciate the quick updates so far, but am still annoyed about the severe lack of soul fragment earnings, compared to coins.

My other main complaint is the massive amount of fatalities required to unlock the rest of the Krypt. These should not be limited to single-player. I don’t want to be locked into a specific mode.

Anyway, you sound like you’re upset just for the sake of being upset. Got a hit of that mob mentality, gotta raaaaaage!!

Hitoshura

Head Cage
They're not going to ban people for this. It be unwise to do so as a lot of people have already attempted these exploits in the crypt. By banning anyone who has exploited the severed heads alter for each character would result in banning most of the people who purchased this game. Players will use this exploit due to how tedious it is to unlocking everything in this game. You have 4 outfits for each character and each outfit has multiple colors; however, each color counts as a seperate outfit. Couple this with RNG and you're left with an attempt to artificially lengthens the time one needs to play the game in order to get the items, intros and outros they want.

Also, keep in mind that wave dashing in this game is an exploit, too. Many players wave dash online and yet they're not banned. I think exploits that are ban worth would be using tools to exploit one getting koins so they can spend 5 minutes to unlock everything in the game, or altering RNG to always get a specific item rather than shaving off a few hours of grinding.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I wouldn't mind getting it "naturally down the road" at all...

IF It counted every game mode.

I'm not trying to play hundreds of hours vs the AI to unlock some skins. I'll fatal everyone in ranked if it counted toward this and do it the legit way cause I love customization and unlocking stuff. (all I play is ranked or private matches) But why should I have to do 1250 fatals in the shittiest game modes? Any and ALL fatals should count.

DDustiNN

I wouldn't mind getting it "naturally down the road" at all...

IF It counted every game mode.

I'm not trying to play hundreds of hours vs the AI to unlock some skins. I'll fatal everyone in ranked if it counted toward this and do it the legit way cause I love customization and unlocking stuff. (all I play is ranked or private matches) But why should I have to do 1250 fatals in the shittiest game modes? Any and ALL fatals should count.
I agree 100%.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Towers of Time change constantly. If you don’t find them fun (like me, personally I hate most of the modifiers), then that mode is not for you. But it’s something for single-player people to do which is not the same towers over and over.

Personally I prefer playing online, because that always feels different. I wish I could earn this stuff via online modes. But I’m not blind and can clearly see that they’re trying to give singe-player some longevity.

The biggest complaint about single-player content in fighting games is that there’s not enough to do. People finish the story, play a few towers, then drop it because there’s nothing else to do. NRS is trying to give those players stuff to do. I appreciate the quick updates so far, but am still annoyed about the severe lack of soul fragment earnings, compared to coins.

My other main complaint is the massive amount of fatalities required to unlock the rest of the Krypt. These should not be limited to single-player. I don’t want to be locked into a specific mode.

Anyway, you sound like you’re upset just for the sake of being upset. Got a hit of that mob mentality, gotta raaaaaage!!

No, the biggest complaint really is they have completely lost the plot and are trying to turn an apple into an orange and it really isn't working.

You don't try to make a Game-As-A-Scam out of a FIGHTING GAME. Fighting games sell on the worth of the gameplay alone... Look at every other FG on the market. Who else is stupid enough to try this crap? Nobody. They KNOW who their target audience is and what that audience wants. All of this so-called single player content is UNNECESSARY and the 'always online' component even doubly so.

Yes, you are correct in that all of the content should be unlockable simply by just PLAYING MATCHES ONLINE! That is the CORE GAMEPLAY and is what should be promoted, not the garbage we currently are forced to sit through for literal fluff. I've said many times before and I'll say it again: NOBODY likes it when a game heavily advertises a specific feature (in this case, customisation) and then gates it behind an unreasonable level of bullshit and then dangles the content in front of the player. That is NOT how you keep people engaged... but its a damn good example of how you frustrate and piss off the playerbase and drive them to flip you the middle finger and either cheat to get what they want, or outright just say fuckitall and quit, which is what a lot have already done and its not even the end of the first month yet!

Also, Towers are 'not the same'?! Oh COME ON!... You honestly do not believe that do you?!

The very nature of the game alone makes it all 'the same' and there is no avoiding that. Once again it is the quality of the core gameplay that should sell the game and all the extras such as customization and gear should be the icing on the cake. People come back BECAUSE of the quality of the game... if the game isn't lasting as long as they want it to, then they should examine WHY it is their core gameplay isn't keeping people engaged. After all, EVERY OTHER FG on the market doesn't seem to have a problem keeping a loyal playerbase, yet NRS games always start big out of the gate, and then die off to practically nothing within a month or two...

DDustiNN

No, the biggest complaint really is they have completely lost the plot and are trying to turn an apple into an orange and it really isn't working.

You don't try to make a Game-As-A-Scam out of a FIGHTING GAME. Fighting games sell on the worth of the gameplay alone... Look at every other FG on the market. Who else is stupid enough to try this crap? Nobody. They KNOW who their target audience is and what that audience wants. All of this so-called single player content is UNNECESSARY and the 'always online' component even doubly so.

Yes, you are correct in that all of the content should be unlockable simply by just PLAYING MATCHES ONLINE! That is the CORE GAMEPLAY and is what should be promoted, not the garbage we currently are forced to sit through for literal fluff. I've said many times before and I'll say it again: NOBODY likes it when a game heavily advertises a specific feature (in this case, customisation) and then gates it behind an unreasonable level of bullshit and then dangles the content in front of the player. That is NOT how you keep people engaged... but its a damn good example of how you frustrate and piss off the playerbase and drive them to flip you the middle finger and either cheat to get what they want, or outright just say fuckitall and quit, which is what a lot have already done and its not even the end of the first month yet!

Also, Towers are 'not the same'?! Oh COME ON!... You honestly do not believe that do you?!

The very nature of the game alone makes it all 'the same' and there is no avoiding that. Once again it is the quality of the core gameplay that should sell the game and all the extras such as customization and gear should be the icing on the cake. People come back BECAUSE of the quality of the game... if the game isn't lasting as long as they want it to, then they should examine WHY it is their core gameplay isn't keeping people engaged. After all, EVERY OTHER FG on the market doesn't seem to have a problem keeping a loyal playerbase, yet NRS games always start big out of the gate, and then die off to practically nothing within a month or two...
The core gameplay isn’t keeping people engaged because it’s good. Really good. But people thrive on negativity, so they obsess over anything they could complain about.

Like you’re doing.

You want people to focus on the core gameplay rather than the customization and extras, but you’re complaining solely about the customization and extras. You’re talking in circles.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
The core gameplay isn’t keeping people engaged because it’s good. Really good. But people thrive on negativity, so they obsess over anything they could complain about.

Like you’re doing.

You want people to focus on the core gameplay rather than the customization and extras, but you’re complaining solely about the customization and extras. You’re talking in circles.
Again, see what I said about advertising a feature and then dangling it in front of people. Its just human nature to want to access something gated away in a game you PAID FOR, especially if its being dangled in your face. The core gameplay isn't even being enjoyed right now because ppl are trying to get at content that's unreasonably gated.

If all of the locked crap was available from the get-go, I doubt you'd be hearing even a fraction of the negativity we're getting now. People would be happily customising their mains and actually PLAYING MATCHES ONLINE. But because people can't have fun customising until they go through all the bullshit, nobody's having fun trying to get at the shit they already PAID FOR and yet did not find out was locked behind absolutely unreasonable grind until they actually bought the game.

I guaran-fucking-damn-tee you if the knowledge about the always online and the amount of gating/grind were known months before launch... the sales figures would look like a massive trainwreck. There's a damn good reason Boon and Co didn't breathe a word of it at all and it was only thanks to the early PS4 street date break did we find out about the massive downside to this game.

I still havent bothered with the krypt and never will. Tournament variations (which suck btw), regular skin and a simple google search for fatals is all I need. I mean this is a fg right? Call me outdated but umk3 is still my best one in the franchise.

DDustiNN

Again, see what I said about advertising a feature and then dangling it in front of people. Its just human nature to want to access something gated away in a game you PAID FOR, especially if its being dangled in your face. The core gameplay isn't even being enjoyed right now because ppl are trying to get at content that's unreasonably gated.

If all of the locked crap was available from the get-go, I doubt you'd be hearing even a fraction of the negativity we're getting now. People would be happily customising their mains and actually PLAYING MATCHES ONLINE. But because people can't have fun customising until they go through all the bullshit, nobody's having fun trying to get at the shit they already PAID FOR and yet did not find out was locked behind absolutely unreasonable grind until they actually bought the game.

I guaran-fucking-damn-tee you if the knowledge about the always online and the amount of gating/grind were known months before launch... the sales figures would look like a massive trainwreck. There's a damn good reason Boon and Co didn't breathe a word of it at all and it was only thanks to the early PS4 street date break did we find out about the massive downside to this game.
You’re looking at it the wrong way. You are acting like just because you paid for the game, you should automatically have everything unlocked. But that’s not the case. You paid for the game. The experience. A reason to play and unlock all of that stuff.

After the update, the only things that I’d really consider “unreasonable” are the Towers of Time individual character requirements, the soul fragment earnings, and the heads. They definitely need to update those and lower the requirements. And they still can, of course. The other thing I’d suggest is making everything earnable in every mode.

You gotta let your entitlement go, man. You’re way too worked up over a damn video game, lol. Relax and enjoy life.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
The experience. A reason to play and unlock all of that stuff.
And as mentioned, said reasons are 1) not fun 2) not engaging 3) boring AF 4) frustrating AF 5) all the wrong reasons to play a FIGHTING GAME.

I didn't buy the game to play 'lets unlock!', I bought the game to do two things 1) play matches and 2) customise my favorites. I can only FREELY do 1 out of 2, so in my view I didn't get what I paid for.

Also, lay off with the snide insults. I'm trying to ignore those but you keep up with the 'entitlement' and all that crap and I'll start slinging barbs like 'corporate shill' back at you. We don't want that, so lay off. I'm quite sure we can debate without poking and insinuating.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
And as mentioned, said reasons are 1) not fun 2) not engaging 3) boring AF 4) frustrating AF 5) all the wrong reasons to play a FIGHTING GAME.

I didn't buy the game to play 'lets unlock!', I bought the game to do two things 1) play matches and 2) customise my favorites. I can only FREELY do 1 out of 2, so in my view I didn't get what I paid for.

Also, lay off with the snide insults. I'm trying to ignore those but you keep up with the 'entitlement' and all that crap and I'll start slinging barbs like 'corporate shill' back at you. We don't want that, so lay off. I'm quite sure we can debate without poking and insinuating.
However in the chance it doesn't remain civil, I suggest NRS fart sniffer as an insult for future reference.

I do not like fatality grinds either but i think the krypt at is core is a good idea. I say it again, randomness kills the motivation. Nrs should have though about making half of the stuff for each character unlockable simply by game play, have some ultra rare skins and maybe 1 brutality a random item. The rest should be awared for gameplay or levelling your characters. I am most bitter of the locked brutalities since its a gameplay element. Not just a cosmetic item. I hope nrs learns from their experience. Shang tsung should be a free dlc at this point, at least people who got burned on mk 11 will come back then.