What's new

Update: Impaled Heads exploit patched out

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
I'm good. That's gonna be a no from me.

I didn't even use the Konami code back in the day. I buy games to play them no matter how frustrating some parts may be. Those of you who can do this and not feel gutted by it have my respect but... I'm cut from different cloth I guess. NRS put out a game, even if it does have an incessant grind this is still Mortal Kombat. In the test of might...

You've all failed.
Imagine playing a fighting game for the unlockables

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
If the rewards correlated to the challenge and were reasonable then there wouldn’t been a need for a glitch. Moreover, anyone clowning people for wanting cosmetics is absurd. I plan on planning this game at least every other day, I don’t wanna see the same intro every second.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Seeing as a lot of people are using this exploit, I'm doubting they will ban anyone. Unless NRS/WB really doesn't care for having an online playerbase, because most players doing this seem to be the ones who play the online aspect mostly.

But I still don't want to do it. There's almost that small chance they will still ban. Plus it feels like cheating.

I will admit that it's tempting to use this exploit to get Cetrion's head, though...

Last edited:

HAMMER

Noob
Seeing as a lot of people are using this exploit, I'm doubting they will ban anyone. Unless NRS/WB really doesn't care for having an online playerbase, because most players doing this seem to be the ones who play the online aspect mostly.

But I still don't want to do it. There's almost that small chance they will still ban. Plus it feels like cheating.

I will admit that it's tempting to use this exploit to get Cetrion's head, though...
Why is everyone singling out Centrion's head? I used the exploit to fully complete this shit. But I keep seeing everyone bring her head up specifically.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Why is everyone singling out Centrion's head? I used the exploit to fully complete this shit. But I keep seeing everyone bring her head up specifically.
If you impale Cetrion's head, you get the usually stuff like the Skin, Victory animation, etc, but you also get a Key Item for The Krypt that is apart of a puzzle to open a new area.

HAMMER

Noob
If you impale Cetrion's head, you get the usually stuff like the Skin, Victory animation, etc, but you also get a Key Item for The Krypt that is apart of a puzzle to open a new area.
Thanks. Are you referring to the Throne Room?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I know right? A sense of accomplishment after a grueling task? Talk about freakin' QUAINT huh?
Gross you encourage the grind. This isn't difficult, it isn't a challenge. It's nothing worth bragging about. I did the majority of them "legit" and I def don't feel any accomplishment.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Thanks. Are you referring to the Throne Room?
No, you get the throne room when you impale any 10 heads, I think.

Around The Forge area, if you want to progress you have to go across this wooden bridge and in the center of that is door in the mountain that requires a Dragon Amulet. Behind that door is a path that will lead to a puzzle, which is the one I'm talking about.

Gamer68

Fujin!
No, the Kytinn Hive area. You need Shinnok's Amulet (crafted) and Cetrion's Amulet to open that small area which lets you access the last Fire Chest.
Yep. You will also need Kronika's Amulet which you can get out of the Naknadan Shrine by donating 1,000 Koins.

HAMMER

Noob
Thanks.

I still haven't lifted that 3,000 soul chest; nor, I have not bridged that 10,000 soul thing or whatever.

I don't even think I have Shinnok's Amulet.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Gross you encourage the grind. This isn't difficult, it isn't a challenge. It's nothing worth bragging about. I did the majority of them "legit" and I def don't feel any accomplishment.
I don't encourage the grind. In my earlier response I said y'all have my respect for doing what you gotta do, but I personally aim to do it the masochistic hard way that's all. My personal sense of accomplishment has absolutely nothing to do with how you feel. He made a sarcastic remark towards my desire to unlock everything I want for my characters through hard work, I was offering a rebuttal.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Thanks.

I still haven't lifted that 3,000 soul chest; nor, I have not bridged that 10,000 soul thing or whatever.

I don't even think I have Shinnok's Amulet.
To get Shinnok's Amulet, you have to craft it in The Forge by using:
  1. Enscorcelled Demon's Heart
  2. Enscorcelled Eye of a Dragon
  3. Enscorcelled Gem of Trapped Souls
The first two items (heart and eye) I believe you get out of random Chests.

The last item (trapped souls) you get out of the 10,000 tree in The Dead Woods.

You will also need about 60,000 Koins and 1,500 Souls in order to craft it.

Kratilim

Noob
To get Shinnok's Amulet, you have to craft it in The Forge by using:
  1. Enscorcelled Demon's Heart
  2. Enscorcelled Eye of a Dragon
  3. Enscorcelled Gem of Trapped Souls
The first two items (heart and eye) I believe you get out of random Chests.

The last item (trapped souls) you get out of the 10,000 tree in The Dead Woods.

You will also need about 60,000 Koins and 1,500 Souls in order to craft it.
Is there anything behind the door thats worth the effort though? Or just more randomized chests?

I'm good. That's gonna be a no from me.

I didn't even use the Konami code back in the day. I buy games to play them no matter how frustrating some parts may be. Those of you who can do this and not feel gutted by it have my respect but... I'm cut from different cloth I guess. NRS put out a game, even if it does have an incessant grind this is still Mortal Kombat. In the test of might...

You've all failed.
Man shut up.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
I used it.
I'm okay with banning people for exploits,...if they affect integrity of online play.

This is just a cosmetic exploit that doesnt affect online matches. Like Ed Boon said, the $6440 number is wrong because they're not going to sell everything for money so it's not like this exploit takes potential money from NRS' pocket.

Ban us if you want to. But get ready for more bad PR and review bomb backlash. This glitch is a nice little ray of sunshine over the dark clouds of grind you've had over your game for the past few days. If I were you, I wouldn't acknowledge it, but wouldnt fix it either

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Dunno bout you buds, but I'm not into grinding, unless it's training for tournies. I had to exploit it just to unlock the trophies earlier than supposed. I'm part of a trophy hunter here, so...

The 500k koins were enough for the 25k chests in old fart's throne. Those were needed for some of the trophies, as well. You gotta unlock them earlier, because you want to finish the trophies, rather than doing the grind for months just to unlock this part of the Krypt.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Is there anything behind the door thats worth the effort though? Or just more randomized chests?
I think the Amulet puzzle one just leads to more normal chests. But those chests could contain Skins, Finishers, etc, and if you ever want to get those then you need to unlock those chests.

Shang Tsung's Throne Room that you unlock from impaling 10 heads has chests that give you intro and victory animations.