What's new

Question Upcoming tournament in WA state, need some help. Help?

Going to go ahead and post some very... extremely... very... serious questions about SubZero in certain situations where a brain fart usually comes into play.

However rare these mistakes happen, I still try to improvise the best I possibly can.

Mistake 1 - jp 212 freeze with 0 meter. The best possible realistic combo to follow up? I normally go with b1(whiff) 2, 22 slide.

Mistake 2 - Sometimes it seems like I am unable to roll backwards during wake up clone. Is this 100% input error on my part?

Mistake 3 - Kabal nomad dash the second clone comes out will make Kabal run still while still frozen. A glitch. Slide normally doesn't catch Kabal during the frozen nomad moon walk. Refreeze for 5% damage is the best I can come up with.

Mistake 4 - At the character selection screen, picking SubZero against Kung Lao. Best solution I've come up with is have higher health than Kung Lao whilst running the clock to 0.

Also, when checking with d1 against a block chain, what is the best possible follow up?
Example: Against Kabal, d1 to interrupt the canceled-nomad-dash.

1) Yes, that's the best meterless combo.

2) Must be untechable knockdown. Or input error (but you can mash out a tech-roll).

3) I haven't come across this myself, but if you find yourself unable to Slide, but able to take 5% with Ice Ball, go with that. Those are the two dmging options you have from range.

4) That's a big one... Better to ask in the match-ups thread, really. But the main thing to do is stay at a range where you can jump low-hat to punish, and keep your finger off block until needed, so you can punish teleports with 2 xx Freeze. Oh, and when you're in the 2,4 xx Low-hat_OH Hat mixup, always block low. If you take the OH, you're pushed away and it resets the situation, if you take the low-hat you're stuck there taking more pressure. When you block a low-hat, punish with d+1 xx Clone. If you're fast enough (and release block on the right frame) you can do 2,2 xx Freeze, but that only actually works if the Kung starts doing something else (but they almost always are).

After d+1 you can go with Clone or Slide. The opp won't have enough time to react to the d+1, so I'm pretty sure the Slide is basically free. And sometimes they'll even continue their string after the d+1 because it has almost no real advantage on hit, which means they'll go straight into the Clone.

Mistake 3 - Kabal nomad dash the second clone comes out will make Kabal run still while still frozen. A glitch. Slide normally doesn't catch Kabal during the frozen nomad moon walk. Refreeze for 5% damage is the best I can come up with.
[/I]
I've seen that glitch. refreeze seems to be the only thing possible

If you're fast enough (and release block on the right frame) you can do 2,2 xx Freeze, but that only actually works if the Kung starts doing something else (but they almost always are).
untrue.. use 22 after blocking point blank low hat ONLY if you have too much life and you want to lose some of it. waaaay to sketchy of a situation to do anything but d1.

untrue.. use 22 after blocking point blank low hat ONLY if you have too much life and you want to lose some of it.
Low-hat is -7 on block (I hear), and Sub's 2 is i8. Even if Kung tries to Spin, your 2 still has 5 frames to interrupt. What am I missing?

2 is 9frames?
Paulo of NRS said that it's i8, and that d+1 is i6. I think some of DrDogg's frame data needs to have one frame deducted. Even if Sub's 2 were i9, you'd still have 4 frames to interrupt. And that's only if he's going for Spin.

Paulo of NRS said that it's i8, and that d+1 is i6. I think some of DrDogg's frame data needs to have one frame deducted. Even if Sub's 2 were i9, you'd still have 4 frames to interrupt. And that's only if he's going for Spin.
Okay so propably 2 is 8 frames i feel great with this :D

Thank you gentlemen. I actually got a lot more help about the Kung Lao matchup than intended, though mostly needed.