What's new

Tech - Hat Trick Up,Away HCB Armor Break Setups

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
the plan is to get a hkd using 21. ender that gives me the proper amount of space .. then the setups I posted above apply.
The above hat trajectory is better the further you are away from the hat, so 21 doesn't do much for above trap at all, this is why i never used.

However, Away trap does, but its on the video the countless ways one can use away hat trap, it justs lets you down when you read a wakeup and block it.

Forward low trap does too, which is set up an opponent to either, delay the wakeup, block low or standing, if they block low and you hit them with F4, they will get kd further away passing the low hat trap again, which leave in perfect position for a oh/low mixup from a cross up which you can delay as much as you like to set up a very ambiguous low or a very ambiguous overhead, both safe on block and plus enough to apply pressure meterless or metered if they block it.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
I get what you are saying though and from the beginning I always have. I just like this setup in particular bc it's a running projectile
jumping is very dangerous against knowledgeable opponents. my 1 major problem doing this was figuring out , how can I use the hat without jumping how can I stay neutral in use this, lol female hitboxes

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
there options are poke backdash I tested all of that recorded myself as lao in i tried as predator to punish every way possible...it's not a goto option for every knockdown it's simply just a different approach on offense, backdash can be baited and pokes all lose to iadk
You're not wrong, its as i said before, your setups would be totally legit if there were a reward for using above trap with ground combos, the main issue with this trap and away trap is the fact that lao can't combo from them if the opponent is not in between them while grounded, you make a good read out of a good mistake but you can't convert into damage at all, so basically you get nothing for playing correct. It frustrates me if that makes you feel better.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
You're not wrong, its as i said before, your setups would be totally legit if there were a reward for using above trap with ground combos, the main issue with this trap and away trap is the fact that lao can't combo from them if the opponent is not in between them while grounded, you make a good read out of a good mistake but you can't convert into damage at all, so basically you get nothing for playing correct. It frustrates me if that makes you feel better.
it dosent make me feel bettter, we are compromising in discussing the facts that's all. That alone makes me feel better. also I can get more damage but doing this all alone in training mode is not easy .you can convert into 20%-27% combos it's not alot but it's something

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
during this training I also found out how glitchy his hat actually is... I would do my setup into teleport the hat clearly hits him,but instead of contact the hat goes straight throw the character hitbox. Now that frustrated me