What's new

Tech - Hat Trick Up,Away HCB Armor Break Setups

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I dont understand, what is this video other than just pressing buttons against a dummy?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Seems like a good "hat trick" leave up hat out in neutral until you get some pressure, end ur string by callin it back and block. If the opponent presses a button, launched for full combo. If not, they still block the hat which allows you more pressure.

Doesn't seem game changing, but definitely worth checking out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hat Trick is basically a sitting duck the second he goes hatless, a lot of ppl think that Hat Trick is about leaving a hat out and go on a killing spree, that is not true, while hatless KL can only teleport and do dive kick, he loses anything related to his hat.

There are really selective moments where you are allowed to use your hat traps, in this video all i see is a dummy set to do nothing while P1 goes on doing whatever they feel like, where someone else could just armor/backdash or interrupt most of these pressure setups, who aren't really pressure at all.

Anyway, this would be a legit tech if this was real:

Sadly its not

While at it, marinate that hat trick its not a sea of roses

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
@MILE_HIGH_CLUB

That is not a trap. The up hat dose not link at HCB nor create potential threat to Your opponent. The rest of the video shows one of his BnB. Up Hat works in different setups but for sure not in this one.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
@MILE_HIGH_CLUB

That is not a trap. The up hat dose not link at HCB nor create potential threat to Your opponent. The rest of the video shows one of his BnB. Up Hat works in different setups but for sure not in this one.
you are taking the title of my videos completely out of context. The videos are only displaying the hitbox of the up hat working as a mid. Stay trying to criticize ,in be all negative towards someone who is only trying.really facepalm? lol

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
Seems like a good "hat trick" leave up hat out in neutral until you get some pressure, end ur string by callin it back and block. If the opponent presses a button, launched for full combo. If not, they still block the hat which allows you more pressure.

Doesn't seem game changing, but definitely worth checking out.
somebody understands the purpose of the video. when I find stuff Pryce maybe you could give these guys the explanation on what I'm doing? it's obvious tym members are only loyal to main

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
It's cool and all but it doesn't even seem like much. Especially when you're using a 12ish frame reversal and an someone that's not moving. It could have a use, looks unlikely.
which is why I brought it here so ppl could maybe add to it. it's just a concept of mine, i was just surprised it work, nor have I seen anything like this about the characters up hat, all I see is videos downplaying the variation .I certainly plan on adding more viable setups to this.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
which is why I brought it here so ppl could maybe add to it. it's just a concept of mine, i was just surprised it work, nor have I seen anything like this about the characters up hat, all I see is videos downplaying the variation .I certainly plan on adding more viable setups to this.
That is exactly the problem, it doesn't work, there is no viable setups out of it, hat hits mid, there is no mixup no threat nothing, the second someone pokes you out of pressure the hat will disappear.

Just for once, before you guys going on shitstorm because ppl are giving you responses you did not expect, once you think you have dominated the setup of whatever you were working on in the training mode, at least take it for a spin on real matches and see how it goes from there from several games, it helps on giving data so ppl can work with it, instead of giving it raw like most of them do.

I know a lot of lab monsters work this way, but not always what you've found its legit or unknown, maybe you don't see often for a good reason, still, i don't have nothing against you, and i'm glad that are more people trying to raise Hat Trick game, but this is a road some of us have already stepped on.

Lets take Mcfly for example, he has a very specific way of display hat trick work and KL in general, but its rarely seen on real matches for its own reasons, either the setup is way too situational, either the execution barrier is extremely impractical, sometimes its a combination of both and a low damage added to it, which in turn makes lots of players discard some of the setups.

Just don't get discouraged by anyone else, this is how TYM is, keep up the good work.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
That is exactly the problem, it doesn't work, there is no viable setups out of it, hat hits mid, there is no mixup no threat nothing, the second someone pokes you out of pressure the hat will disappear.

Just for once, before you guys going on shitstorm because ppl are giving you responses you did not expect, once you think you have dominated the setup of whatever you were working on in the training mode, at least take it for a spin on real matches and see how it goes from there from several games, it helps on giving data so ppl can work with it, instead of giving it raw like most of them do.

I know a lot of lab monsters work this way, but not always what you've found its legit or unknown, maybe you don't see often for a good reason, still, i don't have nothing against you, and i'm glad that are more people trying to raise Hat Trick game, but this is a road some of us have already stepped on.

Lets take Mcfly for example, he has a very specific way of display hat trick work and KL in general, but its rarely seen on real matches for its own reasons, either the setup is way too situational, either the execution barrier is extremely impractical, sometimes its a combination of both and a low damage added to it, which in turn makes lots of players discard some of the setups.

Just don't get discouraged by anyone else, this is how TYM is, keep up the good work.
the 1st time I saw this was in a match of mine I went into the lab, to recreate it. it's only a concept

also anything I create I do I'm matches

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
you are taking the title of my videos completely out of context. The videos are only displaying the hitbox of the up hat working as a mid. Stay trying to criticize ,in be all negative towards someone who is only trying.really facepalm ? lol
Sorry if it seems like criticism. I just gave You a fair and honest opinion on Your "trap". I can understand the hat working as a mid but it has nothing to do with trap. Are You familiar with definition of "trap" Sir ?. I am not the type who goes around and critique people for their hard work. I've been here a little longer then You Sir and I dont appreciate You accusing Me of such a thing. I hope we are clear and that page.
Thank You.

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This is exactly what i meant, the further you move yourself away from your trap, the more vulnerable you are, you can't spin, you can extend combos, you can only dive kick and teleport, no opponent will hardly stay there ready to block a string in order to get hit by a set up such as this one.

They will either poke you before your press buttons, grab you, perform a wakeup attack, jump back, backdash, anything but staying there, the odds are all against you, and all Hat Trick has is a trap which in this particular case, wastes meter to escape a D3 and doesn't even gain a punish in return, he gains nothing.

The problem begins exactly on the first step, how to put your above hat that far in order to work, its nearly impossible, useless and impractical, because you need the hat in your head to be a threat, and the brief moments you have to let your traps out, are on very selective situations, such as knockdown, sadly, it doesn't give much time to do this.

The away setup traps i know all of them, because i developed them and extensively trained them in field test, you can see them in this video:

They are all godlike and in my opinion, the best trap setup Lao has, because it sets the hat away from the screen, unfortunately, because its such a good threat it can also be easily avoided by simply taking a risk against Lao, even if he reads the opponnent's risk, from the position Lao blocks the attack and punish it, the hat is behind him, so he can't extend his combos past a worthless BnB into a gimmicky setup.

This is the reason i think he need that HCB link i've been crying all the time, to actually make lao combo at any position his hat is at will and not only when is in between the opponent and himself.

Nice effort though, as much as i love Hat Trick, the book won't turn a new leaf until viability changes are made.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
This is exactly what i meant, the further you move yourself away from your trap, the more vulnerable you are, you can't spin, you can extend combos, you can only dive kick and teleport, no opponent will hardly stay there ready to block a string in order to get hit by a set up such as this one.

They will either poke you before your press buttons, grab you, perform a wakeup attack, jump back, backdash, anything but staying there, the odds are all against you, and all Hat Trick has is a trap which in this particular case, wastes meter to escape a D3 and doesn't even gain a punish in return, he gains nothing.

The problem begins exactly on the first step, how to put your above hat that far in order to work, its nearly impossible, useless and impractical, because you need the hat in your head to be a threat, and the brief moments you have to let your traps out, are on very selective situations, such as knockdown, sadly, it doesn't give much time to do this.

The away setup traps i know all of them, because i developed them and extensively trained them in field test, you can see them in this video:

They are all godlike and in my opinion, the best trap setup Lao has, because it sets the hat away from the screen, unfortunately, because its such a good threat it can also be easily avoided by simply taking a risk against Lao, even if he reads the opponnent's risk, from the position Lao blocks the attack and punish it, the hat is behind him, so he can't extend his combos past a worthless BnB into a gimmicky setup.

This is the reason i think he need that HCB link i've been crying all the time, to actually make lao combo at any position his hat is at will and not only when is in between the opponent and himself.

Nice effort though, as much as i love Hat Trick, the book won't turn a new leaf until viability changes are made.
the plan is to get a hkd using 21. ender that gives me the proper amount of space .. then the setups I posted above apply.

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
there options are poke backdash I tested all of that recorded myself as lao in i tried as predator to punish every way possible...it's not a goto option for every knockdown it's simply just a different approach on offense, backdash can be baited and pokes all lose to iadk