What's new

Until Dawn Discussion

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
you mean me or mitsu zoid?
I was asking everybody haha.

It is funny how every conversation in this game always end with flirting or sex persuasion lol
This actually annoyed me a lot. Like these idiots only went to that mountain to fornicate.
This is a teen horror movie staple, although I agree it got obnoxious at times. That being said im pretty sure most of them were there just to f*** lol.

Noob
I was asking everybody haha.
Well as for me my first run i didnt save anyone, my GF insisted in picking the options, that didn turn out very well... then i did one where i picked the options and saved, Sam, Mike, Ashley, Em, and Matt and Chris, i complitly messed up trying to save Jessica, Shes probably the hardest to figure out even on my all saved run... as for Josh im not really sure you can save him unless your doing a full saved run, but i could be wrong... my 3rd run i did the all saved, End credit scene is pretty good i really liked, and listening to everyone talk about their experience at the end was cool...

Noob
Wait... You can save Jess?! How?

SPOILERS ON HOW To SAVE JOSH AND JESSICA, Dont read ahead if you dont wanna know how to do it.

Yeah, i think she is the hardest to figure out honestly, im not 100% sure if there are other ways to save her but how i did it was, after she is taken (window) make sure you hit all the QTEs while Mike chases her down, after the cage falls, (make sure she still has her jaw, if She doesnt she will be dead) she will seem dead but she will actually be alive. in Episode 10 after the Wendigo finds you, make sure to hide and stand still, if you try to run (which seems obvious she is in no condition of doing so) he will catch you and rip you a new one LOL

For those wondering how to save josh i think i figured it out, its clue based, you have to pick up the notebook from the twins in episode 10 by the mill. this will trigger the Wendigo to take Josh with her instead of killing him on the spot...

Zoidberg747

Wait... You can save Jess?! How?
The key to saving Jess is when she is taken make sure Mike takes all the fastest paths and hit your QTEs perfectly. It was pretty simple to save her in my playthrough.

SPOILERS ON HOW To SAVE JOSH AND JESSICA, Dont read ahead if you dont wanna know how to do it.

Yeah, i think she is the hardest to figure out honestly, im not 100% sure if there are other ways to save her but how i did it was, after she is taken (window) make sure you hit all the QTEs while Mike chases her down, after the cage falls, (make sure she still has her jaw, if She doesnt she will be dead) she will seem dead but she will actually be alive. in Episode 10 after the Wendigo finds you, make sure to hide and stand still, if you try to run (which seems obvious she is in no condition of doing so) he will catch you and rip you a new one LOL

For those wondering how to save josh i think i figured it out, its clue based, you have to pick up the notebook from the twins in episode 10 by the mill. this will trigger the Wendigo to take Josh with her instead of killing him on the spot...
The other key to saving Josh is finding Hannah's tattoo card in episode 2, since
that is how he ends up recognizing her in the final episode

Reactions: 14K

MK Led

Umbasa
That's why I'm always afraid of full-price games when it comes to horror. It's just too much action. Please don't suck Outlast 2...
You should check out SOMA in the meantime, I think it comes out in 3 weeks or so... it's made by the devs who made the first amnesia, imo the only horror game that is actually scary and also actually a good game. Shame its reputation got tarnished by endless youtube lets plays.

Zoidberg747

You should check out SOMA in the meantime, I think it comes out in 3 weeks or so... it's made by the devs who made the first amnesia, imo the only horror game that is actually scary and also actually a good game. Shame its reputation got tarnished by endless youtube lets plays.
What does SOMA stand for?

MK Led

Umbasa
What does SOMA stand for?
I don't think the devs have actually said, they're very secretive about what's in their games. From what they've shown it looks really cool though, it's set in an underwater lab where some mysterious shit is going down, and that's about all they've let on. Their games are more of an atmospheric style of horror, not like the average horror movie, haha, so I suppose they like to keep as much of it a surprise as possible.