What's new

Until Dawn Discussion

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Has anyone else picked this up. Thoughts/Opinions?

Trailer for those who don't know what it is.

I ended up doing my first playthrough in one sitting(game is nine hours long). I don't usually do that but I couldn't stop lol. Starting my second playthrough today and was interested to see if anyone else has played it yet.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
This game is the tits. Best part is how anything can affect the story, which gives the game lots of replay value.

Xev

Noob
Think I'm towards the end of my first playthrough. Really loving it! Kinda did some dumb crap I regret but oh well.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I watched @Mitsuownes play it for awhile. I sadly don't have a ps4 yet but this is DEFINITELY a game that I will pick up when I get one. I love "choose your own adventure" games. Turn to page 56 to go down the hall...wait I didn't take my hand off the page so it doesn't count, I didn't really want to go down that hall. hehehe

I love horror games/movies, that are either parody mashes, slashers, or intelligent creature ones with low turnover rate. I've seen some things on youtube for this game and I like it a lot, just don't know if the replay value really is what it is. Not to spoil, but I've seen the two endings already, and I don't know if they vary heavily on your choices in terms of epilogue or control.

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Okay, no spoilers from me.

Great graphics, interesting story. Now the bad side of it.

I was promissed a more scary experience, they got me with a few jumpscares, but it's just to predictable after the 10th time. Like The Evil Within, the game completely fails to keep up the atmosphere towards the end.

That's why I'm always afraid of full-price games when it comes to horror. It's just too much action. Please don't suck Outlast 2...

I usually never buy games at the release date, this time I went for it. I'm disappointed.

ruff321

Noob
Just finished my second playthrough, about to start my third.

All I can say is this game is amazing. Definitely not for everyone but I just love these type of games. I recommend picking it up if you love the TellTale games and Heavy Rain.

Noob
Yeah i did 3 plays of this with my GF, pretty much one after the other we were pretty hooked on it, specially since we are fans of Supernatural and stuff this was simply amazing... managed to see the full run on all dead, then after looking up other ppl play managed one where they all lived at the end, and let me tell you, if you can go for that one the ending scene is amazing...

@GrandMasterson yeah it is true its not really a game per say, but you dont buy Until Dawn to play it, you buy experience it, and its quite the experience

@Mitsuownes Yeah i mean, i believe most of us Gamers are pretty desensatised to horror, i remember when i was 13 watchin the 3rd Alien movie and not sleeping for like 3 days, now a days i watch the alien movies atleast once every 2 months... but i dont really call this horror, its more in the lines of gore and jumpscares

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu
Just finished my second playthrough, about to start my third.

All I can say is this game is amazing. Definitely not for everyone but I just love these type of games. I recommend picking it up if you love the TellTale games and Heavy Rain.
Now here is the thing, I also loved TT and Heavy Rain. But the theme was completely different. Until Dawn tried to be scary and actually failed there.

Zoidberg747

I love horror games/movies, that are either parody mashes, slashers, or intelligent creature ones with low turnover rate. I've seen some things on youtube for this game and I like it a lot, just don't know if the replay value really is what it is. Not to spoil, but I've seen the two endings already, and I don't know if they vary heavily on your choices in terms of epilogue or control.
The main plot points remain the same, its just how you arrive at those plot points that changes (in my second playthrough I am already playing through different levels/scenes then I did in my first playthrough by making different choices.

As for not being scary it just depends on how immersed in it you get. The end didn't have a lot of jump scares but if you put yourself in the characters shoes in that final scene I bet your ass would be scared too lol.

Noob
The main plot points remain the same, its just how you arrive at those plot points that changes (in my second playthrough I am already playing through different levels/scenes then I did in my first playthrough by making different choices.

As for not being scary it just depends on how immersed in it you get. The end didn't have a lot of jump scares but if you put yourself in the characters shoes in that final scene I bet your ass would be scared too lol.
Indeed, if you drive a bit deeper in teh story and find all the clues and totems, and how Beth and Hannah relate to the events of one Year past the prologue ( trying really hard not to spoil anything here) the story is very well written and its very interesting...

most of us Gamers are pretty desensatised to horror, i remember when i was 13 watchin the 3rd Alien movie and not sleeping for like 3 days, now a days i watch the alien movies atleast once every 2 months... but i dont really call this horror, its more in the lines of gore and jumpscares
System Shock 2 and Resident Evil 4 still get me the most :)

Noob
I don't get it. To each their own though.
lol yeah i mean, ppl look for diferent things in games, i bought UD because i knew what i was going for, i wanted to enjoy a good story regardless of gameplay, and i did, ppl need to do their research before buying, otherwise they might get something they where not looking for, for ex: im gonna net MGS V, not cause im looking for a great story (pretty sure it will be good) but im looking for amazing gameplay, and there i know the game will not disapoint me...
Just gotta make sure you know what your looking for before you buy anything

@BLACKRENEGADE you found RE 4 scary?, for me RE was always way scarier

you found RE 4 scary?, for me RE was always way scarier
The way older resident evil games give me a headache. I hate looking through fixed camera angles, so it's not so much scary as it is frustrating to me. RE4 was just the perfect mix of action, horror, and suspense. I mean the zombies weren't even zombies, they're just insect controlled people (this may be the case throughout the series, gonna look this up again). And the monks in robes. And the freezer part with that creepy thing on the floor. And the hedge mazes (oh god). And the big ass fish that jumps out of water. It even has a nice ending, and the bosses would freak me out irl.

Noob
The way older resident evil games give me a headache. I hate looking through fixed camera angles, so it's not so much scary as it is frustrating to me. RE4 was just the perfect mix of action, horror, and suspense. I mean the zombies weren't even zombies, they're just insect controlled people (this may be the case throughout the series, gonna look this up again). And the monks in robes. And the freezer part with that creepy thing on the floor. And the hedge mazes (oh god). And the big ass fish that jumps out of water. It even has a nice ending, and the bosses would freak me out irl.
RE4 is definetly a fantastic game i love it, but its to much action for me to be involved enouth to be afraid of anything... But honestly the fixed camera and tank controls made RE really scary, plus the mansion was just creepy as hell... Honestly i havent been truly scared shitless in a game in a long long time... even movies dont really do it for me anymore... sad... cause i love horror. The only thing im looking forward to this year thats remotly horror based but not really scary is the return of the evil Dead, in Ash vs the Evil Dead... cant wait for that show im such a huge fan of Bruce C.

Zoidberg747

Out of curiosity, how many of the 8 teens did you all save on the first playthrough? I managed to save 6.

Last edited: