What's new

Unpopular opinions thread

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I want another MK WAAAAAYYYYY more than Injustice 2.
I want the Cassie, Jacqui, and Takeda to be in the next game and NOT Johnny, Sonya, Jax, and Kenshi. I love those characters don't get me wrong, but I like the whole next gen thing.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
D'Vorah is one of the most overrated characters ever. She's really just a decent character, and didn't need to be given so much attention by NRS (killing Baraka and Mileena, hell, she's the only newcomer that kills anyone in Story mode, not counting Kotal killing some random Tarkatans)
Jacqui and Ferra/Torr are two wasted slots.
Way too many guest characters (actually, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this one)
Mileena's alts (excluding DLC) reveal LESS skin when it was the opposite in previous games. She didn't need to pull off a flesh pits look or anything, or look like a stripper, but couldn't have they been more faithful to the idea that Mileena showed off more skin in the alts because of her "lovely" face (even with lips, it's still horrifying) Also, the fact that the Kahnum and Tournament skins are so similar is really disappointing, I mean seriously, they couldn't make two separate costumes? did they ran out of time and money? Honestly, the Vampiress skin (which is a really good DLC costume btw) should have been the Kahnum skin. It honestly works much better that way.
Shinnok's main costume looks horrible. No, seriously, worst design for Shinnok ever. And who the hell thought him having skeletal forearms for the Necromancer variation was a good idea?
Quan Chi is better than Shang Tsung in every way (at least, Quan Chi got stuff done, while Tsung had to make an alliance with him just to be able to kill Liu Kang)
That being said, Tsung should have been in this game, after all, considering this game has 9 of the MK1 cast (even if Sub is Kuai Liang and not Bi-Han, let's say he still is MK1) it feels odd to just leave him out, especially after all the hints that were given in the endings.
The other horror skins (Ermac and Reptile) are seriously dumb.
The Brazil pack was similarly dumb (seriously? Gaucho Kung Lao? Gauchos are way more common in Argentina than they are in Brazil, ffs)
Finally, NRS has no clue how to detail a face: if said face isn't from an Outworld or Netherrealm character (like Kotal Kahn, for example, and despite Tremor being from Earthrealm, he deserves a mention as well) or a masked character (like a ninja, duh) they tend to look like plastic dolls. Seriously.
What's worse is that the clothes and the backgrounds all look really detailed, but then you look at the face of say, Liu Kang (main costume) and yeah...it just looks very odd. It seems NRS has a problem with texturing human skin, honestly.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
NRS needs to move away from the 4 battles a character a chapter style of story mode.
Triborg as a character is more interesting than Sektor and Cyrax.
Li Mei deserved a spot as DLC character.