What's new

Unlisted YouTube video: Two RoboCop Brutalities

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Lol yall, the issue comes with the victim actually complying with robocops orders. There have been people who have complied with law enforcement and leaving behind a family cause a cop was too trigger happy or just incompetence. It just feels very tone deaf to add a person following law enforcements commands but still losing their life with what's recently been going on in America. Someone said just have the opponent charge Robocop and that literally fixes it, like 100%.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
since everyone is talking about their race and nationality. I'm a single white male, blonde hair blue eyes. fair complexion, people ask if i'm swedish, and or asian. one girl at work told me i needed to get over myself after my dad died and some say what's it like being 24 and being a bitchty college kid when I'm not sure to be offended or complemented......since my age is not applicable. All people are just silly and a mess and have their head up their a$$. I just forgive them and wish them well. and I like all nationalities and races in all aspects. and my aunt has a giant picture in her house of Trump surrounded by guns. i mean i voted for Hillary but it's not like i'd put a giant picture of her above my fireplace.

Although, she's fun (my aunt btw). she's a functioning alcoholic and plays fun games like bingo and has like 10 christmas trees and balloons at her christmas parties. so with that said....i'm trying to not be a prude. like for example....i get so worked up when people drop F bombs all the time. and the doorbell freaks me out. and i don't drink.

semi off topic but Vslayer will like. i had to flip my mattress the other day and forgot it didn't have handles and didn't want to knock my tv and stuff over so I was like "damn gina!"

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
What about the white male killing red male indian? Thats ok or also drama?
When someone's brutal is giving someone a blanket covered in SARS, then there may be drama. But ya know, its 2020, context is archaic. Being edgy was counterculture once, then being PC became counterculture, now everyone just tries to be contrary to the hive mind, even when the hive mind is right.

Lets have a Jewish Character get brutaled by Kabals Gas.

Lets give Liu Kang a Brutality where he eats a bat and it gives the opponent a terminal virus.

Lets Have Jax literally fly over and Nuke Hanzo Hasashi.

Give Johnny a skinhead alt and a curbstomp brutal.

Its just a game, surely it CANT imitate life and cause emotional response. And if it upsets you, youre a baby. Who cares HOW your mom/dad/brother/lover may have been brutally murdered because of their skin color. Fuck some of you people to fucking death, man.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
When someone's brutal is giving someone a blanket covered in SARS, then there may be drama. But ya know, its 2020, context is archaic. Being edgy was counterculture once, then being PC became counterculture, now everyone just tries to be contrary to the hive mind, even when the hive mind is right.

Lets have a Jewish Character get brutaled by Kabals Gas.

Lets give Liu Kang a Brutality where he eats a bat and it gives the opponent a terminal virus.

Lets Have Jax literally fly over and Nuke Hanzo Hasashi.

Give Johnny a skinhead alt and a curbstomp brutal.

Its just a game, surely it CANT imitate life and cause emotional response. And if it upsets you, youre a baby. Who cares HOW your mom/dad/brother/lover may have been brutally murdered because of their skin color. Fuck some of you people to fucking death, man.
Im not the one to preach to i just find it hilarious that ppl get triggered even if its in a mortal kombat game where parents kill children and vice versa where thats allright but a cop shooting someone with their hands held up is controversial.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
My god, the amount of people who go out of there way to be offended is ridiculous.

I'm just saying if people get offended by this, they probably eat tide pods for breakfast.
The FGC is the most sensitive community in the world.

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I think he looks great, but like @DixieFlatline78 said in the RoboCop thread, it's a bit off putting to see him being sadistic by shooting off hands and dicks without purpose, thus subjecting his target to the same injustice and brutalization he was subjected to. In the movies, the nut shot was his only clear shot in that scenario. In this brutality, it looks like Kano has complied, but he still gets shot in the dick.

Otherwise, he usually just shot people in the chest like a normal cop. I can give it a pass, though, because it's MK and they've gotta find a way to work in that ultraviolence.
This was the one thing I was thinking if (or when) Ash gets included. It’ll be weird seeing him brutally murder people when in the movies he only kills deadites and demons.
Same thing with Robo, I kinda see why they’ve never done hero guest characters until now

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
And I'm a big black dude in America. I've been stopped by cops for literally walking down the street at night, I get side-eye when I go into stores and I know how fucked up discrimination can be in this country. I also realize that Robo-Cops brutality is probably the biggest non-issue of the year. Out of 30+ characters only 2 of them are African American (3 if you wanna count Spawn) so acting like RoboCop's Brutality is some over the top insensitive shit is fucking stupid when he also shoots monsters, gods, ninjas, white people and everyone else under the sun.

I don't need anyone to be offended for me lmao
I ain’t offended for you, I’m trying to say I get those who don’t think it’s appropriate.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Why are people acting like you can only do this brutality on Jax?
Nobody's saying you can only do the brutality on Jax.

I'm only saying that we need to imagine how people outside of the Mortal Kombat community would react to seeing that brutality under those specific circumstances and how it could be blown out of proportions and negatively backfire on NRS as a company.

Some of y'all need to learn how to read because I was very clear in my posts lol.

Anyway, I can't wait to play as Robocop. His gear looks dope and we just have 9 more days to wait until he, Fujin, and Sheeva are here. Blessed be.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm only saying that we need to imagine how people outside of the Mortal Kombat community would react to seeing that brutality under those specific circumstances and how it could be blown out of proportions and negatively backfire on NRS as a company.
Why would we need to worry about what people outside the MK community think? They're already not playing the game. The most they can do is throw a fit online and give NRS free publicity. I think the brutalities are uncharacteristic for RoboCop, but I really don't think they're as big of an issue as some people are saying. Tasteless? Sure. But enough to somehow backfire on NRS? Doubtful.

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I definitely understand where the concern here is. I get it, it’s MK, we just wanna have a bloody and gory good time, much like the original Robocop, but I think the thing here is that this isn’t an MK character, this is a character outside of the franchise who is supposed to have morals and be programmed to follow his specific orders and serve the public (he literally has to arrest the person who murdered him even when he wanted to kill him, because he was made that way). It’s out of character, and feels weird for him to kill other good guys when in his own franchise he’s nothing like that.
As for the “””political””” aspects, yeah I also see the issue there. Give him brutalities, sure, but that riot shield one and how it’s depicted is disturbingly too real to real life murders that happen every day. It’s a bit different than a spine rip or acid bath, it resembles real tragedies that happen a lot. Notice I’m not bringing up the race aspect (though I could), just the acts in general.
I’m not asking for censorship or anything, but it is in pretty bad taste imo, intentional or not.
He looks great in game though, excited to play him.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh my God but the game needs more skimpy outfits? You guys lines are all over the place.
lol what are you even talking about? Like, I know some people are complaining about a lack of skimpy outfits, but what does that have to do with this thread?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Oh my God but the game needs more skimpy outfits? You guys lines are all over the place.
These two issues do not relate to one another, Id like to see you make some statement that make your posts not look like cock ass whinings of an internet virgin.

I like to see titties, a lot of people do. I do not like to see POC murdered by police and dont really wanna see it somewhat fantasized in a game I play to escape real world issues.

Not that I even want "skimpier," outfits. Just that the two are wildly unrelated and not morally ambiguous on either side. At some point, at some time, woman's clothing will have to stop being a moral/political issue or you all just gotta admit you want to control females, right?