What's new

Unlisted YouTube video: Two RoboCop Brutalities

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think he looks great, but like @DixieFlatline78 said in the RoboCop thread, it's a bit off putting to see him being sadistic by shooting off hands and dicks without purpose, thus subjecting his target to the same injustice and brutalization he was subjected to. In the movies, the nut shot was his only clear shot in that scenario. In this brutality, it looks like Kano has complied, but he still gets shot in the dick.

Otherwise, he usually just shot people in the chest like a normal cop. I can give it a pass, though, because it's MK and they've gotta find a way to work in that ultraviolence.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Yeah Robocop is the first legit hero guest they've included and that's a legit oversight to have. But I guess it's the same thing as having Johnny Cage rip his daughter in half and mock her corpse. Spawn was a more morally ambiguous hero but even his brutal are just incidental kills, not him doing the shit Clarence Boddicker did

Liu Kang isnt torturing his opponent when he does a brutal/fatal

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's weird than in both brutalities, he puts his gun away and then immediately pulls it back out. Brutalities don't use the end-of-round animations, so it seems like an intentional choice to have him do that.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Also, not to politicize things, but how did NRS think it was okay to have a brutality where a police officer tells someone to halt, they put their hands up and surrender, and then he shoots them anyway?

First one should've stopped before he walked up to finish them off, second one shouldn't have had that detail to begin with. It's all honestly kinda tasteless.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Also, not to politicize things, but how did NRS think it was okay to have a brutality where a police officer tells someone to halt, they put their hands up and surrender, and then he shoots them anyway?

First one should've stopped before he walked up to finish them off, second one shouldn't have had that detail to begin with. It's all honestly kinda tasteless.
I was thinking about that the other day with MK9 Stryker lol. "Police Brutality! Coming up!" Wouldn't fly today lmao.
But I think it's fine for RoboCop. It's kinda his thing isn't it? He's over the top and violent towards criminals

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.

Hes not a police officer he's..

ROBOCOP: THE FUTURE OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
you seem to forget its a american made game just that robocop doesnt care about your skin color...

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me

Imagine the second brutality done on Jax or Geras. Oooooof.

The brutalities still look tight though. I'm not a huge Robocop fan, but his might be some of my favorites. I love his movement.

E

Eldriken

I think that Brutality involving the Riot Shield is gonna get some kind of a censor or outright change.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think that Brutality involving the Riot Shield is gonna get some kind of a censor or outright change.
I hope not. I just want to play video games without turning everything into some sort of real-world analogy or political statement.

If they want to change it because it's out of character, that's cool, but Finishers have never been been canon to a character's personality, so I don't expect them to start now. Kung Lao the pacifist monk has been brutally torturing and killing people with his hat for years now.

E

Eldriken

I hope not. I just want to play video games without turning everything into some sort of real-world analogy or political statement.

If they want to change it because it's out of character, that's cool, but Finishers have never been been canon to a character's personality, so I don't expect them to start now. Kung Lao the pacifist monk has been brutally torturing and killing people with his hat for years now.
I'm saying it's the nature of it that is gonna tip some people the wrong way. He said "Halt!" and his opponent does, yet he kills them anyway.

I don't personally have an issue with it, but I'd imagine others will. Would it surprise you? Johnny's end of round taunt got censored and it's simply words.

I'm saying it's the nature of it that is gonna tip some people the wrong way. He said "Halt!" and his opponent does, yet he kills them anyway.

I don't personally have an issue with it, but I'd imagine others will. Would it surprise you? Johnny's end of round taunt got censored and it's simply words.
But, at least IMO, Johnny's censoring goes with his character. They didn't censor Spawn's intro and at least three of his drops an F-bomb. Cassie had an F-bomb in reply, as well.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I don't mind the brutals, but I can see how it can be problematic when there's a ton of discourse between civilians and law enforcement going on right now

E

Eldriken

But, at least IMO, Johnny's censoring goes with his character. They didn't censor Spawn's intro and at least three of his drops an F-bomb. Cassie had an F-bomb in reply, as well.
But it wasn't originally censored is my point. They got censored at a later time and I don't believe any patch notes indicated this.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store

It’s annoying enough that they censored Johnny’s “the game” hand gesture in the customization screen.

But it wasn't originally censored is my point. They got censored at a later time and I don't believe any patch notes indicated this.
Personally, I only saw it uncensored in clips before the game was officially released. Perhaps it was changed before release (or a day 1 patch) hence no patch notes?

Honestly, I don't get why they censor anything. It's an M-Rated game. I play GTAV as well and they censor nothing. Hell, they even use the N-word on there at times.

All that being said, after another look, they do seem to be a bit out of character, at least from what I remember of the movie, but at the same time, in order to get a full compliment of fatalities, brutalities, etc, NR is probably gonna have to use a bit of creative license to make it fit the game.

I wasn't fond of the semi-censored fatalities on Kratos in MK9 and I don't think I'd be in favor of them going "soft" in this case.

I haven't seen the movie recently, but the most brutal kill Robocop does (that I remember) is the one with the data spike on Boddicker. Robo doesn't really kill many people in the movie at all, much less in over-the-top ways that would fit the world of MK.