What's new

Universal Punishier for Mileena Tele kicks

KRYS9984

Noob
Since we’re on the subject of Reptile vs Mileena (as shown in the video), I honestly don’t see the match-up being as bad as some people make it out to be. I have taken both characters in the lab, tested many set-ups / options and realized that Reptile can deal with her. Without making an extensive in-depth post, I would just like to share some options for the dreaded teleckick that a lot of people consider overpowered.

Reptile (as the entire cast) can punish Mileena’s Telekick and Enhanced Teleckick quite easily.

Regular : 3, 2, Fast Ball, 3, 2, slow Ball, 3, 2, 1, slide or any finisher that you prefer.

Enhanced: Reptile has a few options here but it is always important to duck block the second kick.

- You can simply d1 or d4 for a quick knock down to avoid follow up pressure.

- D4, Acid Hand works as well and puts her at around jump distance.

- D1, EX Fast Ball will give to a nice combo.

- After the second kick connects, stand and attack with 1, 2, 2, 1 for an air juggle. You can try 1, 2, 2 EX Fast Ball but the results are sometimes inconsistent (perhaps to me as a non Reptile player). Same goes for (after 2nd kick connects) standing 3, 2, Fast Ball juggle, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.

Simple things such as Pig Of The Hut demonstrated in his video are key points in countering Mileena. Reptile’s dash avoids teleckicks on the ground, the dash blown right through U4 pressure, etc..... Best advice is to learn the match-up and become familiar with her / your frame data.

KRYS9984

Noob
Fast uppercut characters can punish it
Agree,

However, a majority or fast uppercut characters have bigger / better options to punisher her than with a simple uppercut.

You have to advantage of the opportunities when you get them, the damage is basically free.