What's new

Unintended dashes/backdashes.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
This could use some attention IMO. There's no reason back dashes should be happening in situations like this.

Not only is the back and forward dash input window super loose but it also stores even after diagonal inputs. This creates situations where going from high to low to high block causes a back dash which can result in a huge punish. It also happens for forward dashes.

Do others agree that this is an issue?

armani

Noob
to work around this (even though stuff like this is inexcusable and idk why this game feels a little more clunkier than its predecessor) I just make sure that I'm not sliding directions.

since crouch-blocking in this game only requires holding down 2, I make sure that I'm only pressing 4 or 2 to block accordingly. it's almost like negative edge is still turned on even when you turn it off

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I'm fairly certain there would be world peace if these inputs :qtl,:qtr did not exist in NRS games.
the problem is that they dont exist and they are read as both back and down at the same time instead of its own input. thats why sometimes when you are trying to do a d1 but you are holding :qtl, sometims you get a db1. even tho the command history shows :qtl and :qtr they are read as :l+:d or :r+:d.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
to work around this (even though stuff like this is inexcusable and idk why this game feels a little more clunkier than its predecessor) I just make sure that I'm not sliding directions.

since crouch-blocking in this game only requires holding down 2, I make sure that I'm only pressing 4 or 2 to block accordingly. it's almost like negative edge is still turned on even when you turn it off
thats almost impossible for stick players lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Honestly i'm done touching this same topic, i've been doing it for a while now, NRS input lenience has been a big letdown.

In no part in any fighting game inputing :l then:qtl or vice versa should let the game read these as :l:l, that's bad design.

Had a lot of issues with this while using hat trick, ducking jump attacks and go for command normals were pure luck based, because there were a good chance you would do B1 into hat trap instead of B12

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
In no part in any fighting game inputing :l then:qtl or vice versa should let the game read these as :l:l, that's bad design.
I assume this happened in previous games as well?
How do you input those? Do you press :l, then release it, and then press :l+:d? If so, I see why this happens.

The reason I'm asking is because I've never had this issue with inputting it with what amounts to slide from :l to :qtl position (which mean pressing :l then pressing :d without releasing :l, so double tap of :l never exists here).

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I assume this happened in previous games as well?
How do you input those? Do you press :l, then release it, and then press :l+:d? If so, I see why this happens.

The reason I'm asking is because I've never had this issue with inputting it with what amounts to slide from :l to :qtl position (which mean pressing :l then pressing :d without releasing :l, so double tap of :l never exists here).
In NRS games the first input you do can store for longer period of times, there for when you do another one it may trigger a special move or whatever attached to the same command normal.

For example, in MKX KL heavily depended on F2 and B1, but sometimes instead of aa with spin, it was more profitable to crouch to force them to whiff so when they landed behind you, you could punish the recovery frames with B1, 2 string, however since you held down, when doing B1, 2 the game adds the Back and the 2 part of the string to the previously allocated down and you end have having B1~hat trap instead of B1,2.

It also happened when trying to punish Erron's Slide, instead of F2 i would get Hat Traps, trying to use Scorpion's B3 after crouch blocking a D3 would result on a teleport instead.

Injustice 2 being a game with b2b doing :qtl:l unintended somewhat triggers back dashes, also happens if you're trying to use command grabs which are :d:l:r, but doing these kinds of inputs with stick are usually faster but it adds :qtl and :qtr into the motions often, so this tend to happen.

Its just how accessibility works in NRS games, they're so easy to perform that it also double edges for precise and fast execution, taking some of strength of certain characters away.

Scoot Magee

Yeah, this is something I've been trying to do to deal with it. It just ends up taking longer to get into low block.

I just really think that diagonals should not be input as a back or down direction, especially in alt controls. It would also help if the timing on dashes wasn't so loose.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
this hasnt happened to me yet to my knowledge (stick player)
but yeah they really need to address the buffer window on things,its way worse than mk9 build in neg edge, go for a punish with f2 with fate, game says no and gives u a health orb and a combo from your opponent.
ALT CONTROLS IS NOT A "FIX" and im getting feed up with people saying it. if u have to put alt controls on for the game to read inputs as intended then the game should ship with it on as default (whatever about other options,always turn they all off)

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
@Eddy Wang
What you said there is not new to me, but you went straight to :l:qtl notation again without explaining what do you mean by it. Is it :l, :l+:d input? Then I get why what is described happens. If just doing 21 motion (half of QCB) triggers it, then it's all kind of ridiculous, but I've never seen this, nor I had this happen to me. In fact, a lot of the basic things would be impossible then.

For the reference, I was always a KB player.

Scoot Magee

this hasnt happened to me yet to my knowledge (stick player)
but yeah they really need to address the buffer window on things,its way worse than mk9 build in neg edge, go for a punish with f2 with fate, game says no and gives u a health orb and a combo from your opponent.
ALT CONTROLS IS NOT A "FIX" and im getting feed up with people saying it. if u have to put alt controls on for the game to read inputs as intended then the game should ship with it on as default (whatever about other options,always turn they all off)
If you look at the inputs I'm just alternating from back to down/back over and over again. Once that down/back input is registered it should stop a dash from coming out. I can't see this as something that needs to stay in the game especially considering how quickly you have to block low and high in a lot of situations. It's really frustrating to eat a full combo because my character took control of himself mid match.

E

Eldriken

All of the input issues in this game makes no sense to me. It wasn't so bad in Injustice 1. But Injustice 2 where improvements are supposed to be made? It's worse. This is just as important to fix as the profile and character levels being reset and that's since been fixed.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang
What you said there is not new to me, but you went straight to :l:qtl notation again without explaining what do you mean by it. Is it :l, :l+:d input? Then I get why what is described happens. If just doing 21 motion (half of QCB) triggers it, then it's all kind of ridiculous, but I've never seen this, nor I had this happen to me. In fact, a lot of the basic things would be impossible then.

For the reference, I was always a KB player.
I'm a stick player, sorry for the confusion there. Indeed NRS games don't have :qtl inputs, they're registered as :d+:l instead.

TonyFatFingers

I usually lose, but at least it's flashy.
I have the same issues with a fight stick as a Flash player.

:d:qtl:d2 triggers the running man stance in the middle of my d12 way more often than it should.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
These should've always be the first things to be tested out on a fighting game, those can ensure quality life gaming, but it seems ever since we bitched about in in MKX and specifically made threads about it to prevent this in I2 but all felt into deaf ears

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This has been really annoying. I gave a Superman a free kombo yesterday in the korner in tournament because of this, and it has happened to me before. Like someone mentioned, it happens when I switch my block too fast, and I don't even play on stick or pad, I'm on a hitbox, so it's the input leniency that's the issue.

I really hate all the leniency, which is why I turn every option off when I play.

Also, I noticed that it sometimes even happens to me when practicing Scarecrow's instant air blast. I would do one, and then wait a little before the next one but I would still get a teleport since the input for teleport is down up....

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This reminds me of the input bug..

@16 Bit
Has this been on the radar at all? It really sucks to get punished because you switched your block quickly...

A kommon scenario is that I thought there was going to be a low so I switched to block low and then I saw that it was an overhead, so I switched to block that, but instead I get a backdash.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
DBF & DFB commands are a pain, I've been complaining about this since MK9, I know some have no issues inputting this moves in combos but a lot of us do. I wish they would had switched them by now.

One of the things I love about NRs is the accessibility in their games, most strings and combos are easy to pull of(compare to SF 1-3 frame links) Anybody can pull of full bnbs with little practice but at a high level this games are hard to be competitive. Like easy to learn, hard to master type of thig, which I really like.
BUT this type of awkward special moves prevents me and lots of us from playing many chars we wish we could. If this was tixed I bet more unexplored chars will being to start being explored more. excuse my english.

Last edited: