What's new

unified anti-martian tech thread?

Would a unified anti-martian tech thread get more traction and as such result in more learning than individual match up discussions in the character forums? Seems plenty of people are having a hard time with the character and I'm sure there plenty of info that could be applied by large portions of the cast, like dealing with orbs as a rush down character or whatever.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
  • Don't worry about white orbs, you can dash right through them.
  • You can MB B3 inbetween the 22b3 string (this also works if he does 22~scoop)
  • As a Harley player you can ij2 to blowup trait 3 in the beginning of the match (this can also catch tele if timed properly)
  • Harley can silly slide a teleport on read/reaction and punish with a B3 combo (note that this only works on OH Tele)
These are some things I use in the MU against Martian players, hopes this helps other players and Harley mains

lawzoers

Noob
Don't forget to add in your list of tech MBB3 teleport on reaction and walking forward to gain a measly blockstring againts him.

Last edited:
In my opinion I feel there should be more anti-character threads in general. I remember in tekken, there are anti-character guides showing when you can duck, sidestep, or interrupt a characters string. Don't really see that many on here, so this is a good start.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Just hit the lab. Everyone already knows Flash can punish OH tele with Flying Uppercut. But if timed correctly you can D2 Oh tele into trait and get 41% or d2 into 11 b22f3 LC for 23%. I know it's not as good as his other trait damage combos (54%-63%) but at least it is better than 7% damage off of a FU. @AK Harold @HoneyBee @Zyphox @SEV

Last edited:

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Just tested NW, not only can he D2 MMH OH tele but he also gets a set up into staff. D2 3 EF, b2 4 GP MB b3 j2 j2 1 FG. This only works if your opponent doesn't disrespect with a follow up WU attack. @RedTide00

Does anybody know that you can d2 OH tele? I've been doing it with Barry Allen for awhile.
But why do this when you can just walk forward for a full punish instead of getting a d2-scaled combo?

I mean, d2 or walk forward, you're risking getting full combo'd by his tele from under, but if you're going to risk it you might as well get a more damaging punish than a d2 will give.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Does anybody know that you can d2 OH tele? I've been doing it with Barry Allen for awhile.
Yes but isn't the timing hard? I remember d2ing a mmh with sinestro and was like wtf and went to the lab and had trouble doing it consistently. Maybe its an easier timing for flash?

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
But why do this when you can just walk forward for a full punish instead of getting a d2-scaled combo?

I mean, d2 or walk forward, you're risking getting full combo'd by his tele from under, but if you're going to risk it you might as well get a more damaging punish than a d2 will give.
From what I understand not all characters can dash forward and get a full combo punish off of it due to his animation still above the ground.

Yes but isn't the timing hard? I remember d2ing a mmh with sinestro and was like wtf and went to the lab and had trouble doing it consistently. Maybe its an easier timing for flash?
The timing can be pretty strict but I've been sitting here doing it consistently in the lab. The point is to keep practicing it and testing it in matches offline and online to train yourself for it. Like I said though, the only problem is getting hit with the regular tele.