What's new

unified anti-martian tech thread?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
now bear with me guys , i know this is an mk9 vid but i think the concept is the same , it seems universal too
skip to 20 seconds in for the tech

:DOGE
"Flyyyyy with the reaaaadddddd on the standing saiiiiiiii....."

"WOAH PIG IS SALTY"

Here are the weaknesses of Martian Manhunter- as stated in the NRS stream that revealed the character:

"I'd say his biggest weakness is midrange. He's weak at midrange"

"He has to take a risk if he wants to open you up, he can't really do it safely"

"he can only play it safe and hit confirm into that (combo), but you see it doesn't do much damage (30%)"

This was actually what was said in the NRS stream showing off the character and how he was designed.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Maybe it's just Barry Allen. I can do it at least 8 times out of 10 when doing it with him. NW did seem a little bit tougher to do it with.

The question is why would you even bother trying d2 OH tele when you can just walk forward to get a full punish, instead of a hyper-scaled d2 combo?

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
The question is why would you even bother trying d2 OH tele when you can just walk forward to get a full punish, instead of a hyper-scaled d2 combo?
For one, when Flash dashes forward the OH tele, all I've gotten off of it is 18%....I think 41% is greater than 18%.

EDIT: Correction 36% with a naked B3 after the dash and about 53% with a B3 into trait. 58% MB b3 with trait combo.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I just realized that Flash can pop trait after a successful forward dash and do his trait combo for 55% as well.

never be in escrima

flying grayson to avoid oh teles
I never use NW against MMH and if I do I stay in staff stance the entire time.

Here are the weaknesses of Martian Manhunter- as stated in the NRS stream that revealed the character:

"I'd say his biggest weakness is midrange. He's weak at midrange"

"He has to take a risk if he wants to open you up, he can't really do it safely"

"he can only play it safe and hit confirm into that (combo), but you see it doesn't do much damage (30%)"

This was actually what was said in the NRS stream showing off the character and how he was designed.
They forgot to add Kappa at the end.

Martian Grab is -10 on block.....soooo punish that dudesssss...
I think this is why Rev0lver did one of those accidental upward lance blasts- Lex can only punish that reliably with a d1 xx db2, which tends to randomly turn into d1 xx db1 (up lance blast)

:(

They forgot to add Kappa at the end.
It's physically painful to look back and hear them say "his biggest weakness is at mid-range"....

For one, when Flash dashes forward the OH tele, all I've gotten off of it is 18%....I think 41% is greater than 18%.

EDIT: Correction 36% with a naked B3 after the dash and about 53% with a B3 into trait. 58% MB b3 with trait combo.
You don't need to forward dash it. Just walk forward and you can get a full BnB combo.

Espio

Kokomo
I love threads like this seriously awesome idea.

You can back dash 2,2 MB orb and back 2, 3,3,3 MB orb.

Catwoman can use her catstance hitbox to go under wake up push and punish.

Gonna paste my Hawkgirl specific stuff from the other thread:

You can wing evade out of down 1 push and down 1 martian grab.

Use wing evade 2 on 2,2, MB orb pressure and Back 2,3,3,3 MB orb to reverse pressure and get to being at plus four, while making Martian waste a bar of meter.

You can wing evade out of 1,1,2 string and full combo punish.

2,2, back 3 can be interrupted with forward 1,1, down 1 or MB back 3/forward 3.

If you get the timing down you can punish Martian grab with forward 1,1, trait, 2, MB mace charge for 32%.

I may add onto this, if you have more specific questions please feel free to ask me :).

@BrianTheBEAST Joker can down 2 the overhead teleport, I don't play Joker and was able to down 2 and combo on my second try so I'm sure it's not too bad to get consistently with practice.

Also, I know Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl can down 2 it as well although MB back 3 might be preferred preference depending.

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
after certain combos (or just ertain range/timings) GL can beat MMH's wake up push with j3
after b13 trait lm you can 223 rocket 22 turbine to be right outside of push rnage but still in lift range to punish a wakeup

• Don't worry about white orbs, you can dash right through them.
At mid and long range sure, I actually noticed more people disrespecting white orbs at ECT as opposed to freezing up as soon as they appeared, but what about close orbs? How many times did people lose all momentum after dashing past a close white orb and applying pressure only to get caught by it mid combo cause they didn't get any carry?

You jump it you get anti-aired, you dash past it you get caught mid combo, you turtle he just out zones you. There's gotta be an answer for it though.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I think this is why Rev0lver did one of those accidental upward lance blasts- Lex can only punish that reliably with a d1 xx db2, which tends to randomly turn into d1 xx db1 (up lance blast)

:(
Nah, 112 is a reliable punish. I'm just not going to get it 100% of the time.

Backfire

Noob
  • You can MB B3 inbetween the 22b3 string (this also works if he does 22~scoop)
  • As a Harley player you can ij2 to blowup trait 3 in the beginning of the match (this can also catch tele if timed properly)
  • Harley can silly slide a teleport on read/reaction and punish with a B3 combo (note that this only works on OH Tele)
These are some things I use in the MU against Martian players, hopes this helps other players and Harley mains
i believe harley may also be able to cupcake bomb on reaction to blow up overhead tele.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
  • You can MB B3 inbetween the 22b3 string (this also works if he does 22~scoop)
  • As a Harley player you can ij2 to blowup trait 3 in the beginning of the match (this can also catch tele if timed properly)
  • Harley can silly slide a teleport on read/reaction and punish with a B3 combo (note that this only works on OH Tele)
These are some things I use in the MU against Martian players, hopes this helps other players and Harley mains
Hmm, I didn't know about that MB B3 thing. Good to know. Also, as Harley, if you MB B3 but he doesn't do a OH teleport, it will whiff and cross up

i believe harley may also be able to cupcake bomb on reaction to blow up overhead tele.
Ehhh...the timing is weird. At times it knocks him out of it or you'll trade.

Nah, 112 is a reliable punish. I'm just not going to get it 100% of the time.
I swear I've had it whiff on me, similar to how it sometimes whiffs when trying to punish BG's smoke bomb.

But maybe its just because Im too slow online and they're ducking it...

I miss Batgirl tele punishes almost a quarter of the time with it :(