What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Jax Uncle Jax what are you're worst match ups?

You're worst Jax Match ups?

• Cassie Cage

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scorpion

• Subzero

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Reptile

• Mileena

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Raiden

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Kung Lao

• Kung Jin

• Liu Kang

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Kano

• Goro

• Kitana

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Kotal Khan

• Johnny Cage

• Sonya Blade

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Kenshi

• D'Vorah

• Ermac

• Ferra Torr

• Jacqui Briggs

• Jason

• Quan Chi

• Shinnok

• Takeda

• Tanya

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
when he tries to turtle behind a clone, ground pound and do your thing. don't try to zone him with rockets...it ends badly
ya ground pound i hardly ever use, worth a shot. Sometimes i do jax's machine gun with some success but ya i've learned you dont want to bring a rocket launcher to a snowball fight.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
I don't like beating a dead horse but I just want to add from my experience: grandmaster subzero(one that will use the corner against you is even worse), master of souls ermac, (a good zoning) necromancer shinnok, commando kano...Tanya.

Obamu

Noob
Haha the things I read in this thread immediately ruins my inspiration to train with Jax. sorry *dink* *dink* I guess you have to wait.

Kingshootahz

Haha the things I read in this thread immediately ruins my inspiration to train with Jax. sorry *dink* *dink* I guess you have to wait.
Heh I don't even blame you, people who play him will try to make jax look very welcoming but he isn't, he requires a lot of work and dedication else you'll be seeing a fatality screen that's not yours for a long time.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
As an outsider looking in I thought the answer was going to be predator. His zoning in hqt and d4 seem to throw Jax off.

Kingshootahz

Is Jax vs tremor a bad match up because I can't seem to get in and stay in then the over head rocks start to spam and next thing I know I'm dead?

Is Jax vs tremor a bad match up because I can't seem to get in and stay in then the over head rocks start to spam and next thing I know I'm dead?
I think so, but not terrible either. I have trouble in this matchup getting in as well, but once I'm in tremor's options are very limited. As the jax player, 123 if timed correctly will beat out most of tremor's armoured wakeups, forcing him to block your pressure.
In order to get in, I walk in until about half screen away, then ex straight dash punch on reaction to a projectile. Then run in to try to pressure his wakeup options, but remember you have to respect his armoured stuff when your running in on him from midscreen. Basically use this tactic to push tremor into the corner where you dominate the matchup.
Hope this helps

Kingshootahz

What's your guy's opinions on the Quan, Kitana and Reptile MUs?
Kitana is a bit difficult but, d12 to low prone the fans,DONT JUMP, just don't. Also AA her with rockets and low prone fans with air ground pound work as well then just watch out for her whirlwind and keep in her the corner as much as you can, blow up her armour with 123, b3 ex gotchas stuff like that, watch for assasins parry as that is the only time you should jump in for free dmg, over all just be careful because 1 fan can Fuck up all of Jax's momentum.

Quan chi - Summoner- If he summons bat from full screen, shoot rockets, if he brings out the bat you have to stuff that shit immediately ground pound lasers but just try to keep that shit out. If he tries to zone you , your fucked,try d12, try to get him in the corner and bait the teleport as much as you can,DO NOT try and zone Quan Chi. Full combo punish all trance attempts throw in as many plus strings as you can...Pray. shitty matchup for both sides

Reptile- just murk this lizard ,watch out for slide and overhead keep the plus strings going fake out the pokes. Noxious is annoying and so is deceptive his low prones will blow you up his overhead is dangerous because you're always in perfect distance