What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Jax Uncle Jax what are you're worst match ups?

You're worst Jax Match ups?

• Cassie Cage

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Erron Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scorpion

• Subzero

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Reptile

• Mileena

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Raiden

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Kung Lao

• Kung Jin

• Liu Kang

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Kano

• Goro

• Kitana

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Kotal Khan

• Johnny Cage

• Sonya Blade

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Kenshi

• D'Vorah

• Ermac

• Ferra Torr

• Jacqui Briggs

• Jason

• Quan Chi

• Shinnok

• Takeda

• Tanya

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I'm a pumped up player, by the way, yeah.
You don't use the gotcha in the corner?
My grammar there in my post was off.
I pretty much only use super gotcha in the corner as combo ender or quick armor, it was a response to a wrestler Jax complaining that Pumped up super gotcha sent the opponent too far away.
I replied by saying that most midscreen Jax combos end with F2,1, 2, 2+4 anyway, so it's not that big of a deal what super gotcha in pumped up does at midscreen.

omooba

fear the moobs
Sub zero is easily jax's worst match up at 4-6
why? i mean he doesn't have an advantage over jax that he doesn't have over every character. it might actually be favorable for jax in heavy weapons and pumped up cause 1) heavy weapons can easily get through the clone with machine gun and pumped up's ground pound ducks under the ice ball.

omooba

fear the moobs
IMO the only bad match ups are
1) [3-7] cassie - F212, possibly his most important string whiffs on her crouch blocking which makes it a lot more difficult to get your pressure started. the flip kick also gets out of all midscreen pressure including run cancels.
2) [3-7] mileena- F2 occasionally whiffs when she's crouch blocking, and always whiffs when crouching. also she can roll as a reversal under a lot of his pressure for a full combo. and lastly exroll out of all of his pressure for full combo.
3) [4.4-5.5] - basically any character who's fast armored move gives a full combo sooo goro raiden kung lao kung jin etc

I don't know about worst but Mileena gives me some real problems with her stupid low profiling.
I think the key to fighting milenna is patience, bating and full combo punishing. The moment she goes for a telekick you want to block the kick then squat low, being as though most milenna players will delay their recovery by throwing a sai, you then will punish after the sai whiff. It's easier if you low block the entire move accordingly because it makes it easier to punish. You really have no reason to stand block against her full screen. Same goes for her ex ball. You have to pay attention to her meter. Incorporate those tactics with baiting her out by leaving holes in your pressure for her to ARMOR through then blow her to hell. If she doesn't have meter you can literally bulldog her until you take the fight. Hope this helps.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Liu Kang gives me a lot of trouble, actually. Fast normals, good wakeups, impossible to zone out. His low fireballs are more annoying than Milleena's low sai.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I think the key to fighting milenna is patience, bating and full combo punishing. The moment she goes for a telekick you want to block the kick then squat low, being as though most milenna players will delay their recovery by throwing a sai, you then will punish after the sai whiff. It's easier if you low block the entire move accordingly because it makes it easier to punish. You really have no reason to stand block against her full screen. Same goes for her ex ball. You have to pay attention to her meter. Incorporate those tactics with baiting her out by leaving holes in your pressure for her to ARMOR through then blow her to hell. If she doesn't have meter you can literally bulldog her until you take the fight. Hope this helps.
omg thank you for posting this. I was about to lose my mind.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Ok I'm just gonna speak up in this... How is Mileena having to commit to unsafe af stuff to get out of his pressure a good thing for her? Sorry but you guys can just bait and punish her, then she will think twice before throwing a roll or ED roll to get out of pressure. Being able to crouch his F2 is good but then just don't throw it out there and she is not simply going to stay in crouch mode since he has that overhead dashpunch.

Usually when Mileena has to go for EX roll and roll as her only options it means that it's a bad MU and yeah, it's a bad MU for her IMO.