What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Unbreakable Discrepancy

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Can you please stop trolling? The OP actually helps the community with his posts and you respond with this shit?
@Pnut This a forum man, I don't know what you don't understand about this or if you are missing the core concept, but players that are interested in Sub Zero want to talk about this stuff and speculate, and this forum is kinda the place were that sort of stuff happens...

Anything you want to add with regard to the variation?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Sub Zero only has 2 moves that's universal? Wow. Shout out to NRS for consistently fucking over Sub Zero players.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Lol -- you realize that that has absolutely no bearing on how good he is, right?
You can only use clone in one variation, his shield is no good vs zoning and teleporters. Cryomancer seems best. For him to be able to keep up with other characters in this game...he would have needed clone as a universal. That's just kinda how I see it tho

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
What's the purpose of having three variation then? There won't be a all in one variation, if you're getting zone, use Ex Iceball & play Grandmaster, getting rushdown? Play unbreakable & parry their ass until they stop pressuring you...

UsedForGlue

his ice defense buff thing seems like a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally strong tool tho
Man, im all about that variation, which is why I was bummed to see that the ground pound was gone from it, but still in Grand Master.

I guess we will have to wait until day one to see how long the Aura lasts, and how much it scales the damage.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Man, im all about that variation, which is why I was bummed to see that the ground pound was gone from it, but still in Grand Master.

I guess we will have to wait until day one to see how long the Aura lasts, and how much it scales the damage.
PRICE OF DIVEKICKS

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
The damage reduction seems like a very strong tool, I have a feeling it'll make some matchups ridiculously annoying. In all, I do feel like Sub could potentially be incredibly dangerous in this game. Seems like one of the more versatile characters out of the lot.

Some people will totally fail to contribute to a discussion and need to troll, otherwise nobody will pay attention to them.

It's sad, but that's forums I suppose. Not everyone uses them to be useful.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
The damage reduction seems like a very strong tool, I have a feeling it'll make some matchups ridiculously annoying. In all, I do feel like Sub could potentially be incredibly dangerous in this game. Seems like one of the more versatile characters out of the lot.

Some people will totally fail to contribute to a discussion and need to troll, otherwise nobody will pay attention to them.

It's sad, but that's forums I suppose. Not everyone uses them to be useful.
BUT WHAT IF THE RULES WERE CHANGED

the ice shield thingy is like a defensive venom buff in terms of application kinda without the debuff

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
BUT WHAT IF THE RULES WERE CHANGED

the ice shield thingy is like a defensive venom buff in terms of application kinda without the debuff
The damage reduction was CRAZY in an old build we played back in October, but that's no doubt different now.

UsedForGlue

The damage reduction seems like a very strong tool, I have a feeling it'll make some matchups ridiculously annoying. In all, I do feel like Sub could potentially be incredibly dangerous in this game.
I can only imagine using Unbreakable on characters that have a generally small damage out put. Think Jax midscreen in MK9...

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
It would have been disasterous if the mid air fireballs stayed in...
True he had a God like fire ball which is why his normals sucked and missile hit over head when they removed the fire ball they should have fixed his strings.... all them dam holes..

For most of us, this is all we've really seen of unbreakable subby:

If ice aura is even near this good, then oh man...

Do you suppose that it activates fast enough to get a free one on a point blank freeze and still do a combo?

Can somebody find the video where he uses EX Ice Aura and reduces a full combo to throw-esque damage?

I can't remeber where it was. One of the Ermac stream matches?

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
From what i have seen this variation is anti-rushdown with Ice Aura and and ice shield. It sucks he doesn't have grond pound in this variation but it really isn't big deal.
Grand master is better at dealing with zoners and cryomancer would be helpful against characters with great mobility and teleports.