What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Unbreakable Discrepancy

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The big thing is that in Unbreakable... that parry/shield is universal. That alone is huge.

Especially after watching just how freaking quickly a character can get on top of you.... not having to guess mid/low is awesome.

I feel like unbreakable is going to be more like MK9 SZ than Grandmaster.
I really want to see if the Aura has any other traits outside of chip/damage reduction. If it nullifies frames on block, then wow.

Let us not forget... his ex Ice ball now EATS other projectiles. NOM NOM NOM.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
The more I think about it the more I see all three variations going to be very useful, no useless variation.

I don't know which one to start with Cryomancer or Unbreakable?

Last edited:

RiverHB

Noob
Can you please wait until the game is out to continue making terrible threads? We all know the UK will be irrelevant again just like they were in both world wars.

#merica
Can you please stop trolling? The OP actually helps the community with his posts and you respond with this shit?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Pnut being useful as ever...

@UsedForGlue I don't think Unbreakable will be a let down from what I've seen. The parry is just ridiculous, so whilst his offense probably isn't as good for mixups, the fact that if you guess wrong on the parry (which works on everything apart from projectiles) you eat a meterless combo is such a huge mind game that happens after every time they press a button in your face. I didn't spend a massive amount of time with Sub but from what I saw, I would not be worried about this variation. It may turn out to be his best one.

If they keep the duration and damage reduction on ice aura the same as in the kombat cast video we've seen (lasts for # of hits, around 40% reduction), I don't think SZ will need to worry about having strong offense. Every time you pressure him you risk eating a parry combo, which I'm sure he could end in ice aura to re-up his defense if need be. Can't zone him out anymore either because of ex iceball. He could easily win just because of defense.

Spletty

Grandmaster
how fast is the startup on his parry? for anyone who's played as this variation in the early builds..

how fast is the startup on his parry? for anyone who's played as this variation in the early builds..
That's my main question. I don't think we're gonna see it used for string gaps or anything, but otherwise it looks fast enough.

I think how it's goin to play out is going to be tethered to the threat of EX Ice Ball. EXIB is for sure going to just completely shut down people throwing shit at you when it counts, so they're going to have to try and touch you.