What's new

umkT now on ps3, firmware upadate 1.7.

i think in 7 days you now will be able to play any ps1 and 2 games on your ps3 with the new up date. pretty nice. now maybe we can have a tournament using this system.

anyone know what other great games where between ps1 and 2? :D

thats a good question. i doubt it. since its not in the select screen. but, there must be a way to run it threw a server while playing it off your ps3. whould anyone know how to do this??

I think he means that the new PS3 firmware that is going to be released or has been released (I don't follow PS3 news, so I don't know) will contain backwards compatibility for Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PS1.

StuScotsLazyEye said:
I think he means that the new PS3 firmware that is going to be released or has been released (I don't follow PS3 news, so I don't know) will contain backwards compatibility for Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PS1.
Thats what I got off of it too, wait..so this as we speak (MKT) is not compatible with PS3...can someone confirm this, because I was ready to buy this game online today

dreemernj

Ambassador
UMKT doesn't exist.

This post is about backwards compatibility, but that was already there wasn't it? I think someone mentioned that MKT plays the same on PS3 as it did on the PS2.

Maybe in the new version of the PS3, instead of relying on PS2 for pS1 compatibility they are putting in a software PS1 emulator? That would solve the problem.