What's new

Umk3 Tournament at MAde In New York

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Yup, wrestling was last saturday, not tomorrow (the 'fro lives!). But as I feared, this other prior engagement of mine does indeed fall on June 9th. For some reason I had it marked down as the 16th, but it's actually tomorrow. So I'll be in NYC. It's seriously lame that I'm missing Evo AND this other thing in my own frickin back yard, but this little trip was made months in advance and I mustn't let my buddies down! :evil:

Although if you guys plan on making it a LATE night (like after midnight) I could probably stop by. I'm actually gonna end up in Wantagh, which isn't very far at all. :shock:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just text or call me if you can make it there at some point. I HOPE I'm not there after midnight lol.

Well tonight was definetly fun, and very heated matches for Shock and I, I will say. Top 3 tonite were:

1. Frankiebonez
2. Shock
3. Matt (owner of Made in New York)

I must say me and shock went down the the wire! I hope at least some of the videos came out on tape. People crowded around the machine so much might have blocked the camera.

In the finals shock and I went back and forth. I was in the winners bracket and shock was in the losers bracket. First round of the brackets shock won, matches went back and forth... 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 etc. with shock pulling out the victory. Since I didnt lose yet it went to the finals again, and shock and I played and shock went up 3-1. I came back and made it 4-3 and shock then tied it up 4-4. The last fight came down to a ton of chip damage, extremely well played by both but I came out on top. I had about 10% health left in the end.

Needless to say I'm happy, and super happy shock came out. Next tournament here or at The Break we need to get MORE PEOPLE FROM TRI-STATE TO COME DOWN!!!!! There will be another at the shop, and I hope more come through. Keep the game alive people!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yes man, excellent matches, however I think on the tape you'll be able to tell we were struggling with the button config. So much stuff was coming out as LPs etc, so wildly. But in any event, it was a full set both times around I believe for us so that's like 18 matches.

I am going to start getting people hyped up for a gathering at the Break and it doesn't have to be for a major tournament, we can just get together, figure out a weekend that's good for most players and we'll get like 20 people out. There's a LOT of players hovering around the area now. There were 6 people there tonight in the tournament I've never met, plus a few guys afterward, and then all the Break guys plus any newcomers who want to come out. I will start making a guest list.

VGGs Frankie, I'll get the vids up maybe Monday.

G

Made in NY Skate Shop UMK3 Tournament

Results are in.

1. Frankiebonez
2. Shock
3. Matt (owner of Made in New York)

Frankie and Shock went at it in the finals in what was an 18 or so match up run, lots of sweating, lots of UMK3. A total of 8 players.

Videos will be up in the next few days of at least the finals.

Shock said:
Yes man, excellent matches, however I think on the tape you'll be able to tell we were struggling with the button config. So much stuff was coming out as LPs etc, so wildly. But in any event, it was a full set both times around I believe for us so that's like 18 matches.

I am going to start getting people hyped up for a gathering at the Break and it doesn't have to be for a major tournament, we can just get together, figure out a weekend that's good for most players and we'll get like 20 people out. There's a LOT of players hovering around the area now. There were 6 people there tonight in the tournament I've never met, plus a few guys afterward, and then all the Break guys plus any newcomers who want to come out. I will start making a guest list.

VGGs Frankie, I'll get the vids up maybe Monday.
hell yea Shock, those were some really fun and intense matches. The last match of my Kabal vs. your Reptile was just plain sick. It was a good time thats for sure. Hopefully next time there will be more people.

I'm totally down for a Break gathering.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Oh man I totally hope I can make the next one. I actually got home a little after 6AM, so at least it's not like I just missed this by a few minutes or anything. I'm gonna try and stay on top of things so I don't miss the next one, whether it's at The Break or in my neck of the woods!

wait, was this tourney yesterday? If it was damn... I went to a SSBM Smashfest with my crew and played that for 7 hours yesterday, really wish i went to the UMK3 Tourney instead :(

Thanks to Shock And Frankie for coming thru, next time we'll be sure to have a couple more machines and more players. In a couple of weeks we'll put something together maybe

We're looking to get dudes together for another tournament either this next saturday (7/14) or the following saturday 7/21. Anybody interested let me know. Also anyone from the L.I area who wants to come by for casuals let me know we'd like more guys to come thru we have a 2nd umk3 machine as well as street fighter 2 and mk2.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Is the 2nd UMK3 machine standard set up? Also, I dunno if I can get the 21st off, but I can try. My buddy Steve would like to come out as well just to chill.

I might come up on the 21st. I can't get used to the Arcade for the life of me, but I have been able to get my Robot Smoke about the same as I play him on xbla.

Kazlaz

Noob
TheRedPsychosis said:
I might come up on the 21st. I can't get used to the Arcade for the life of me, but I have been able to get my Robot Smoke about the same as I play him on xbla.
i pitty da fool who cant us a stick

had to do it : )

kazlaz said:
TheRedPsychosis said:
i pitty da fool who cant us a stick

had to do it : )
I don't know how man.. I mean, I can get the stick pretty easily, but the placement of buttons is the most confusing part.

yea dude, you just gotta use your whole hand. Train yourself to only hit run with your thumb and the rest will fall into place. Playing MK1 and MK2 with the X pattern, then adding the RUN button later on was easy to learn for alot of the older veterans.

Kazlaz

Noob
some dude was drunk/ stoned preferably both

if you ever get a joystick and want to play other games .. DONT GET MK STICK :p

its usless to street fighter snk and anything else

idk i can play on that stick easyly i just dont like it because i dont have enough money yet to make a mk stick just for it

but if i start playing again i might make one for 360 but idk

sanwa on mk joystick lol that would be funny as fuck

Longislandmk said:
We're looking to get dudes together for another tournament either this next saturday (7/14) or the following saturday 7/21. Anybody interested let me know. Also anyone from the L.I area who wants to come by for casuals let me know we'd like more guys to come thru we have a 2nd umk3 machine as well as street fighter 2 and mk2.
I just relized that both of these weekend are not good for me personally. This weekend I got a birthday I'm going to on saturday, and next week is Waterfest the biggest Volkswagen car show on the east coast... I'm 90% going to the car show providing my car is ready which it should be. If for some reason my car isnt ready I'm not going, but I wont know till the 20th.

Perhaps on another day then, maybe a friday or a sunday afternoon or whatever is the best . My main objective is to get a lot of good players to come, last time a bunch of my dudes were missing or were funneling way to many beers. We have the 2nd machine now which is a plus, I'm so damn used to playing on the 3x3 setup getting used to standard config has been a pain in the ass as I miss combos and am not nearly as sharp. The gameplay around the shop has been serious though as of late so we want to get as many guys down as possible

im trying to get into mk competively as much as possible any directions from the bronx would help. (no car though)