What's new

UMK3:TE Revision 2.0.042 is Out Now!

Noob
Why can't we just MASS PM or even post the rom(s) for TE? UMK3:TE is a stand alone game/hack so wouldn't it be considered fair game to post publicly? It's not regular UMK3, and no one is profiting from the hack, so I'm not sure what the legal issue is. I'm not familiar with the copyright laws or anything, but specifically free patched/hacked versions of an existing game seem to me like it would be allowed.

It just seems way too difficult for people as is, even simply downloading the actual TE rom isn't ABC easy for some people who don't know much about computers.
Because it requires you to use an illegally obtained copy of a rom that is commercially sold. Like it or not, umk3 on MKAK is actually an emulation using the same Roms that you use to play on mame. Because mkak is commercially sold, it's copyright infringement. We simply can't post Roms or links to roms.

Noob
Ok guys, I'm gonna TRY and get everyone helped here. My son is asleep at the moment but if he wakes up I will be away from the computer. I will try and help everyone though.

First thing about port forwarding:

Make sure you know the make and model of your router.
You also need to know your computer's internal (network) IP address. This is the address assigned to your computer by your router, NOT the IP address assigned to your router by your ISP.

Open a command prompt:
-type ipconfig
-look for your ip4 address. it will be some version of 192.168.x.x (the x's are the numbers of your network address)
-write that number down

Once you find that, you also need the login and password for the router.

From there, go to http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ and find your router in there. Follow the instructions for your specific router.

I still got the error from mamehub. But, I was able to play a set with @nwo with no issue.

It plays pretty well, although sometimes it takes itself to trilogy speed and beyond. LOL

Noob
I still got the error from mamehub. But, I was able to play a set with @nwo with no issue.

It plays pretty well, although sometimes it takes itself to trilogy speed and beyond. LOL
Are you playing on keyboard? If so, then you have to make sure that you change the base emulator buttons so that insert, delete, home, end, page up and page down aren't part of the standard emulator buttons. I think Insert actually increases the speed of the emulation, so if you're using that for HP, then it will speed up the game everytime you press HP, LOL.

mkholic

Noob
when i switch the cheats on, umk3 disappears from the list of available games therefore i can't play online, what's up with that?i run 0.119 mame
EDIT:it might be something else that triggers audit and messes things up, works fine now

Last edited:

Mgo

Noob
I must say I tried a little, and although i dont complaining about the original version, this hack turned me quite entertaining and interesting, props to the hacker team, ed boon should be proud :p

I patch UMK3 according to the instructions, when I try to launch with MAME 0.155, I keep getting "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images." When I replace the patch with the old bins again it works fine again. Any idea? Is my MAME an outdated one?

I ran the patch on the matching u54 and u63 files and I just get a CD Image missing when I run the game. The game runs before the patch.

Tried taking the two files out, patching them and putting them back in to the .zip to replace the originals. I get a CD Image missing error.

Tried running each patch on the .zip file directly, and then I get a file 122 missing error.
^ Bleed is having the same problem.

Edit 2: Tried MAME 0.119, still doesn't work. "One or more ROMS/CHDs for this game are incorrect. The game may not run correctly." Makes me think it's the patch, but I'm def following the patch instructions correctly. Help? I'm on Windows 8 64 but I don't think it should matter, normal umk3 runs fine for me until I patch it.

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I patch UMK3 according to the instructions, when I try to launch with MAME 0.155, I keep getting "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images." When I replace the patch with the old bins again it works fine again. Any idea? Is my MAME an outdated one?

^ Bleed is having the same problem.

Edit 2: Tried MAME 0.119, still doesn't work. "One or more ROMS/CHDs for this game are incorrect. The game may not run correctly." Makes me think it's the patch, but I'm def following the patch instructions correctly. Help? I'm on Windows 8 64 but I don't think it should matter, normal umk3 runs fine for me until I patch it.
I'm going to go try 155 now and see if I can get it working on my end.

EDIT: Mame 155 (and versions like this) check the hash of the roms when you try to load the game and if it doesn't match the officially recognized roms, then it gives you that error. I don't know a way around this.

What version of mame 119 are you using? You need MamePPK119 with the front end here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl2wm018iluknom/mameppk_bin_gcc-0.119.zip?dl=0

I included my batch files for easy swapping of the original roms with the hacked ones... but no roms are included.

Here are the reasons and purposes for the files I included:
  • Folder - mk2h --> Put the UMK2TE hack in here renamed to mk2.zip
  • Folder - mk2o --> Put the original mk2.zip in here
  • Folder - umk3h --> Put the UMK3TE hack in here renamed to umk3.zip
  • Folder - umk3o --> Put the original umk3.zip in here
  • File - 2h.bat --> copies the UMK2TE hack to the roms folder
  • File - 2o.bat --> copies the original mk2.zip to the roms folder
  • File - 3h.bat --> copies the UMK3TE hack to the roms folder
  • File - 3o.bat --> copies the original umk3.zip to the roms folder
Make sure your umk3.zip includes all mk3 and umk3 rom files - there are 26 total. If you don't do this, you will not be able to playing online.

If either Mortal Kombat II Revision 3.1 or Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Revision 1.2 do NOT show up in the games list, you will not be able to play online. You need to put the original roms back in the roms folder (this is the purpose of the batch files, to make this easier), then press F5 in the emulator to refresh the roms. It should show up. Once it does, put the hack back in the roms folder again (again, batch files do this for you).

Last edited:
I'm going to go try 155 now and see if I can get it working on my end.

EDIT: Mame 155 (and versions like this) check the hash of the roms when you try to load the game and if it doesn't match the officially recognized roms, then it gives you that error. I don't know a way around this.

What version of mame 119 are you using? You need MamePPK119 with the front end.
Okay so it's not a mistake on my end patching the rom. I got it to work on MAME32k-0203, but that emulator is so bad lol.

And Im using mameppk_bin_gcc-0.119-20070914, which gives me the one or more rom incorrect error.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Okay so it's not a mistake on my end patching the rom. I got it to work on MAME32k-0203, but that emulator is so bad lol.

And Im using mameppk_bin_gcc-0.119-20070914, which gives me the one or more rom incorrect error.
I updated my post again with more information.

Make sure you have all 26 rom files in the zip, all mk3 and all umk3... 26 total.

Bleed

Noob
@Crathen i suggest trying mamehub, but even if you don't, then mame also changed certain Roms, and umk3 was one of them.

In the past, to play umk3, you needed the mk3 rom as a "parent" rom. We have recently discovered that mame can read umk3 as its own parent rom as long as the files from mk3.zip and umk3.zip are all packaged into a single zip named umk3.zip.

This is known as the "26 file" umk3 that we keep talking about. It is also the file that is REQUIRED to be patched (the 10 file version won't work online) so you can play UMK3TE online via mameppk 119 and beyond(including mame 156).

PM me if you are looking for more information.
Thanks, now it worked with the Mame32 Plus Plus v0.119 emulator.

Crathen

Death is my business
I give up , everything is where it should be and still won't work i only can get the UMK3 1.2 revision to start.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
FINALLY I GOT THINGS WORKING HOW I WANT THEM TO!

I think Steam may fuck with MAME when it's on lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
FINALLY I GOT THINGS WORKING HOW I WANT THEM TO!

I think Steam may fuck with MAME when it's on lol.
Maybe Steam was hogging the resources that mame was trying to use. Glad you got it working like 12 days later... geez. lol

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
For anyone who has the game running, please post any bugs or glitches you find!
Known bugs:
  • Scorpion U+LP reverting to the old hit reaction in 2v2 when one or more characters is taken out during a round. @DWednesday

Is Noob supposed to have a slide? Didn't see it in change log but it's there. Was in the lab last night and Noob has a Nasty anti air juggle! Slide at the end finishes it off for about 50%

It also announces smoke when classic sub changes to Noob.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Is Noob supposed to have a slide? Didn't see it in change log but it's there. Was in the lab last night and Noob has a Nasty anti air juggle! Slide at the end finishes it off for about 50%

It also announces smoke when classic sub changes to Noob.
Nice find! This is not really a problem as once Noob and HSmoke are on the character select screen, they ability to change into them from OSZ/Smoke will be removed.

EDIT: The hacker said that the Slide is caused from giving Noob the Iceball which triggered by the LP input like the Slide is. You can see this for yourself by holding B+Block+LK then pressing LP.

Last edited:
Very fickle, but I just went through on single player mode… Am I correct in presuming noobs ending will be corrected? It shows him, but it's human smokes ending

Play testing tonight, Sonya gets easy 40% off and uppercut. Uppercut, leg grab. 40%. The guy I was playing with is extremely skilled, and I did it to him five times