What's new

Umk3 on xbox 360 list your opinions

Br0ken

Noob
I'm just curious as to if umk3 on 360 will be arcade perfect like mame.And I would just like to know which of you plans on playing it on xbox live.Count me in.Also if anyone has any pics/vids on the making of this game please post! :D

No one will know for sure if it will be perfect. Even if they say it will be (why would they say anything else?) chances are there will still be a few problems.

The only footage I've seen is from mortalkombatonline.com:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/News/read.cds?article=766

I will be getting this only if the online is close to it's potential. If the online feature is poor, it wont matter how perfect everything else is, I will not get it.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Yeah that trial run was unfortunate. I wish they had picked Kung Lao and tried to abuse the spin to see if its limited, that would indicate at least the Wavenet version, or to pick Reptile and see if his forceball is still messed up like it was in the original footage they showed of "Ultra Mortal Kombat 3" for XBLA.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It was just simply unfinished, and the guy didn't know what he was doing.

There's no excuse for the gameplay to be anything but perfect, if they choose to do things the hard way then so be it, but perfect or nothing. Netplay however is something they need to contend with that I can undertstand being a problem. I hope they figure that out, or it will be worthless.

Hack_and_Slash_12 said:
I'll get it. Street Fighter comes out tommorow but I know I will stop playing it once I get UMK3.
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but play street fighter as much as you can... online ofcourse... We could get a really good idea of what umk3 is going to be like just from this.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I will be getting SF when I get home from work tomorrow morning (graveyard shift tonight). Busy day tomorrow with no sleep, but I'll be reporting back here on how the online play is.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've been reading on boards that there have been a lot of lag free games, and no one is complaining otherwise.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
OK...I have just finished playing roughly 40 games online and for the most part, it is very responsive.

If you are playing someone far away it slows the game down, very few times have I had button loss. 60-70% of the matches were just perfect, I could time my counter throws nearly every time.

Out of the 14 or so matches I lost, most of them were due to my opponent whoring jump kick sweep combos where the slight delay/lag would make it difficult to go from standing block to ducking block and vice versa.

This is a very good sign for UMK3.

Well, I dont have a 360 and when I would by a 360 it would be only for UMK3, maybe MK2 if they release it too.
So it has to be perfect.

I dont see a big reason to get a 360 if its the same experience like playing on MAME.
Then I live in Europe and I even dont know if its getting released here.
I can fool Live! by creating an US account so I can get it on the US marketplace but I dont know how this works if I want to play in Europe against other European players.
Oversee matches will be probably the same 100+ Ping shit like MAME, I dont think the Live! Network is better there.

I really dont know if its worth the trouble (and the money of course).
Then I dont know exactly one thing, do I have to pay a monthly fee for playing Live! Arcade games Online?

I really dont know if its worth 400€+ monthly fee? for UMK3 when I can get Kaillera for zero €.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
KillerMiller said:
Then I dont know exactly one thing, do I have to pay a monthly fee for playing Live! Arcade games Online?

I really dont know if its worth 400€+ monthly fee? for UMK3 when I can get Kaillera for zero €.
You would pay for your XBOX Live subscription, which is normally $50 for a whole year (or you could get lucky and find a starter kit somewhere for cheaper). Then you would just have to pay a one-time charge to download the game. There is no additonal subscription fee for using the Live ARCADE, if that's what you mean.

Br0ken

Noob
Judging by konqrr's take,It will be good.I really hope nafa, and flames play on xboxlive because lagg/delay wont help them as much as kaillera does.We will pretty much know where everyone stands.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I dunno, I've been hearing reports from srk of people across the seas having to stick with local players because the lag gets too bad with HF.

That and I am sure there are people that, if the lag were to disappear and they had a chance to play a fair fight, wouldn't want to take that chance for fear of losing their fabricated dominanace.

The only concerns I have for UMK 3 on XBLA is Digital Eclipse. The ones that brought us the "Arcade Perfect" MAT 2 ports of the games. The ports clearly were not arcade perfect. The other thing is online play. Street Fighter seems to be doing okay with the online experience. I just hope the team at Midway really nail the online with UMK3.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
it should be 1.2, I don't know if wavenet will make it, I doubt it. Also 60, can you make it to NEC this year?

Derek

Noob
Br0ken said:
I'm just curious as to if umk3 on 360 will be arcade perfect like mame.And I would just like to know which of you plans on playing it on xbox live.Count me in.Also if anyone has any pics/vids on the making of this game please post! :D
UMK3 for the Xbox Live Arcade will be a "arcade perfect"port. Also, it will be on Xbox Live, just like Street Fighter II':Hyper Fighting, only it won't be near as laggy.

sixtymhz said:
What version is going to be on Xbox live and on the new MKA cds? Anyone know?
No. You download it off the the "Xbox Live marcketplace" onto you're 20 gig HDD for your Xbox 360. The version of UMK3 on MK:A is the arcade version, it just won't have online like the 360 version does.