What's new

UMK3 Now Available For Iphone; on sale for $0.99

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
looks like they tried to make umk3 mk4 lol

quote from the pics

For all the fans out there asking - It's been confirmed: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is coming soon to the App Store! You'll be able to play as 1 of 13 classic warriors (including Scorpion and Sub-Zero) complete with vicious fatalities, kustomizable controls, and head-to-head kombat via Bluetooth or WiFi on your iPhone and iPod touch. Check out our exclusive screenshots, with more to come!

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 App....lol really?

Nightwolf looks like he smoked him a big ol' unit and lol at the ducking Ermac

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 App for Iphone/Ipod Touch

GoldenOreos said:
looks like they tried to make umk3 mk4 lol
This.

I can't imagine how ridiculously difficult those controls would be also.

Noob
UMK3 Available For Iphone/Ipod Touch/Ipad Today

Well, I don't have pics or vids to post, but I can definitely say that, if you are looking for a good UMK3 experience that is portable, look elsewhere. This game, while it does actually look kinda cool, does very little to actually recreate the feeling of UMK3.

The virtual stick and buttons are very poor and moves don't come out consistently... you feel as if you're fighting the controls and not the game. Auto combos don't work well...some hits that should connect actually miss. This could have been so much better.

Currently, the game only has 9 characters and 2 "?" boxes that are not selectable.

Current charcters are:
Unmasked Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kitana
Nightwolf
Jax
Sheeva
Sonya
Liu Kang
Stryker

While the new 3d look to the characters is kinda cool, they game just doesn't perform right. As I said, the virtual controls are just way off. There are 2 control styles, a one with a Block, Run, Punch, Kick and Special button... the other is the standard 6 button HP, LP, HK, LK, BL, Run and you can theoretically configure them, but the problem is that they buttons don't always stay where you want them to move to.

One kinda cool thing that's new is that all the characters have a small "intro" before starting the fight...they all do their win pose right before starting the fight.

In terms of bugs, I have already noticed that if you do Scorpion's teleport punch, it can sometimes cause the screen to stop scrolling until you perform another teleport punch which will bring the screen back to focus on the fighters and begin scrolling with them again... it's very disorienting and you can be fighting completely off the screen and have no idea what's going on when this happens.

Overall, if you're looking for UMK3 on the go, stick to the DS version.

GoldenOreos

Arcade Tech
UMK3 Available For Iphone/Ipod Touch/Ipad Today

i also got this. its cool but its horrible. i can say strykers inf works lol. motaro's teleport is broken, shao kahn is cake. u can custom set ur button layout which is cool but the game sux so its not so cool.the only thing i like is the menu so far. it seriously looks like mk4 smoothed down to a 2d platform and plays like poop. i agree with phil on the ds version. this game is basically a joke imo

ScheissNussen said:
Sub-Zero technically lost at 2:53 but the game kept going lol, "That's funny... I won the match but it's telling me to continue?"

God that looks truly terrible, is anyone else getting Mortal Kombat Trilogy Game.Com vibes from this port?

X820

Noob

I you have an I-Thingie, stop beeing a pantsie and buy this lol.

This is the best MK release we've had in the last 10 years or so, another way of looking at it.

All nonesense aside though, I think this looks great, considering it's for a friggin portable device and all...

Just sayin' 0:)

I was playing this today on my iPhone and trying out different things. It seems that ground kombo hits push the character out of range for the rest of the chain. For example, with subzero if I do the 3 hit kick kombo, the first 2 hits will hit and the roundhouse will completely miss..........Weird. I really like the koncept of SHAO KARNAGE. Its basically a score attack mode in which you and Shao Kahn have infinite life, and you have 99 seconds to score as many points as you can by beating on Shao Kahn.

The only thing I really don't like about it is......of course.......the controls. It's like playing on Xbox 360 with the Microsoft brand d-pad.......only its much worse. LOL