What's new

UMK3 Mame tournament - with a twist??

I'm thinking somewhere around the weekend of April 25 to give everybody plenty of time to practice.

I'm proposing, for the sake of variety, an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (vanilla) BOTTOM 10 Tournament. Using this list:

http://ultimatemk.com/cguide.php

I think it would be more than refreshing to have a tournament, and especially finals, without your typical human smoke/kabal/ermac cast. This would be scorpion to sheeva. No other rules. 3 out of 5, double illumination, 4 out of 7 winners/losers/grand finals.

@Drakonian @necoarc12 @AnTi @DemoniChris @nwo @Sharks_Breath @NobilityV3 @NoDoubt @ddy_08
@Biggs

Tag others who would also be interested!

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Would I be correct saying that @Shock may be interested? I only started looking into the 2d games recently and I've seen his name pop up a few times I think.

I'm down for matches most evenings on kailerra. Can do 2v2 practice but I think we would keep the standard 1v1 tournament format. For time (and blood pressure lol) reasons.

Fear my U Sub! :DOGE

nwo

Noob
I think I'm going to change the date to weekend of May 2.

Who for sure would be in on this date?
Saturday May 2 is a boxing mega fight, I for sure couldn't play on that day. I'll likely be out of town + hung over the next day also.

Why don't we do a Sunday afternoon/evening timeframe? He 26th of April sounds good. Reply if you're definitely in. That's just about 2 weeks from now, plenty of time to shine up your low tier skills!

If you need the latest build of Mame contact myself or @nwo

I think a monthly challenge tournament would be cool, with a king of the hill from the last months champion (if not winning back to back). I have a few ideas for cool challenge tourneys...

All randper Kombat (4-4-4 4-4-4)

all blocking disabled (0-2-0 0-2-0)

It's been 20 years, we're old and fat - up button disabled in Mame (jumping would equal instant dq)

Fatality required - you must finish opponent to get point for the match, otherwise no points awarded. Also finishing a character eliminates them from being used