What's new

UMK3 for the DS FIRST hands on preview/review a GEM! READ

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, just figured since this is brand new news today I post this update.

Go here, check it out guys over at gamespot.com say it's PERFECT literally, a perfect, fun experience of the arcade port UMK3, they love the dual screen and every feature it offers.

Read it guys, hehe this game is indeed going to be beyond awesome.

Really can't wait!

http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/action/ultimatemortalkombat/news.html?sid=6181940&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;2

Enjoy! :twisted:

Also, check out the videos there's some new ones Sub vs. Reptile, Sub vs. Stryker and Sub vs. Sindel as well as a few puzzle ones. :wink:

MKF30

Yeah, I'm surprised more people aren't posting. They're viewing just not posting... lol from the looks of it, UMK3 DS 8) is a winner.

dreemernj

Ambassador
IGN has a vid up showing off the fatalities of UMK for DS.

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/881/881594/vids_1.html

They are definately...fatalities.

But, apparently there is some issue with showing blood and gore, lol. Because they opted to flash to a white screen instead of showing it in this vid. That's a shame. I wanted to make sure the rib cage to person ratio was accurate to the arcade :lol:

Is there gonna be button config.? The X, Y, B, and A buttons are different than the X360 buttons. Are we gonna be able to change it or not? I don't think I can re-teach myself to press b for a, and y for x :(

MKF30

@sheisse you can buy mics for the DS online : ) :D

The configuration is good, watch the youtube.com

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I'm guessing they cut them for the teaser effect, and they obviously turned blood off in the game options, I noticed in some of the demos for the games blood tends to be off.

Tim Static

Adminerator
N1nja Lord said:
Is there gonna be button config.? The X, Y, B, and A buttons are different than the X360 buttons. Are we gonna be able to change it or not? I don't think I can re-teach myself to press b for a, and y for x :(
there are no b or x or y or a.

Its HP, HK....yadda-yadda-yadda.

UPDATE- UMK3 DS ships on the 12th, arrives on the 13th.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Tim Static said:
N1nja Lord said:
there are no b or x or y or a.

Its HP, HK....yadda-yadda-yadda.

UPDATE- UMK3 DS ships on the 12th, arrives on the 13th.
Damn was hoping to get it the 12th since I am off then. Oh well, Tuesday the 13th it is.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Well, my buddy, who works at a large evil corporate video game chain said it MAYBE will be in on the 12th.

MAYBE :?

Today would be better hehe

MKF30

Yeah, at this point from all of my online searches, calling up places...

It's definitely either the 12th or 13th, according to EB/Gamestop's site it's the 12th, we'll see. I've noticed every week this changes by a day or two.

Either way, it's next week for sure sometime! :D

I have no money, so I'm going to trade in some games, movies for credit :twisted:

MKF30

Tim Static said:
The dates EB/Gamestop have are shipping dates, not arrival dates.
Yes, but sometimes they change and they also can arrive on that date. I've gotten games in the past that have said the shipping date, when I called on that day to make sure they have at times told me to come down as that's the arrival date.

8)

This varies with game companies obviously and different games, I'm just saying there have been times where I've gotten the games on the shipping dates or there was a mistake.

I'm calling up monday anyway to make sure.

dreemernj

Ambassador
The EB games around here aren't getting it until tomorrow or Wednesday apparently.

I have had very good luck with an EB Games near me. Last time I went there I bought 3 PSX dual shock 1 controllers for $0.80. Can't wait to get them in an arcade stick. I was hoping they would have this today since they seem cooler than the other EB Games around here, lol.

Not to mention they are store number #666 so I figured they just made a deal to get things faster and sell them cheaper.

Either that or I unintentionally sold my sould for cheap, easily hacked PCBs.

MKF30

dreemernj said:
The EB games around here aren't getting it until tomorrow or Wednesday apparently.

I have had very good luck with an EB Games near me. Last time I went there I bought 3 PSX dual shock 1 controllers for $0.80. Can't wait to get them in an arcade stick. I was hoping they would have this today since they seem cooler than the other EB Games around here, lol.

Not to mention they are store number #666 so I figured they just made a deal to get things faster and sell them cheaper.

Damn...the ones near me said they won't be for retail until tuesday, however they'll be getting them in tonight but due to rules they can't give it to me today obviously :x

Awee well, just have to get it tomorrow afterall. :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
MKF30 said:
dreemernj said:

Damn...the ones near me said they won't be for retail until tuesday, however they'll be getting them in tonight but due to rules they can't give it to me today obviously :x

Awee well, just have to get it tomorrow afterall. :)
Video Game release dates are different from music and movies. There are laws that prohibit music and movies being sold before Street date,(unless you know people, as in I already have Shrek 3 YESTERDAY! but I always get my movies and music early.) but there are no laws reguarding video game release dates.So technically, nobody can get into real legal trouble for selling you a game before the "street date".

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yup, its officially shipped today. Should be in every store tomorrow by 2pm.

So like 22 more hours to play the game I already play everyday on XBL and my cab. lol

MKF30

They can get fired from their job lol :lol:

I've seen that happen, some dipshit got canned from my friends job for opening up Halo 3 the night before LMAO... :roll:

Yep, can't wait to play this game. I hope it's only a matter of time or the game gives us the secret character codes 8)

Preordered from EB and they called last night to say it was here... so I go there this morning and it hasnt arrived yet (supposed to be by this afternoon) ??

Tim Static

Adminerator
Drop shipments, or UPS, usually arrive around noon. Sometimes a little early, sometimes later, but that is the usual expected time.

My Gamestop has it right now, but I dont have the car right now. Gotta wait till 4pm :(

MKF30

Got it played Konqrr already, good stuff.

I was from mcdonald's though so not sure how "great" their connection is, I have to get get a haircut now so I'll be back in a bit. 8)