What's new

UMK11 Patch Notes: 11-7-2020

Yeah, it's not like NRS nerfed any custom moves to make them practically unviable, made some combinations newly unusable together, or outright banned some custom moves from competitive play because they couldn't be bothered to balance them. This is literally the exact thing everyone asked for. :DOGE
yeah it's not like we expected them to unleash customs, leave shit alone, and buff/expand on what wasn't clearly balanced for competitive or anything. damn we dumb :DOGE

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I didn’t even see where they added and removed certain moves for characters. It seems like that wasn’t even mentioned.

To me at this point this game has surpassed just being dull and really just seems to be incredibly lazy. NRS feels they can put all of their focus into pretty graphics and not only will people just eat it up based off that alone, but the "hardcore" fans will defend it to the death because its MK. There is no "big patch" coming, there are no new animations for new amp versions of moves, no opening of combo paths, no fixing of hitboxes, not even a balance patch. Instead of designing a fun, fleshed out game they went with how to sell the most with minimal effort and succeeded. They're not "playing it safe" they're doing nothing.

What happened to all those "Just allow custom variations and all the characters will be good/everybody will have dirt?" people? :rolleyes:
The shilling of this man.
To me at this point this game has surpassed just being dull and really just seems to be incredibly lazy. NRS feels they can put all of their focus into pretty graphics and not only will people just eat it up based off that alone, but the "hardcore" fans will defend it to the death because its MK. There is no "big patch" coming, there are no new animations for new amp versions of moves, no opening of combo paths, no fixing of hitboxes, not even a balance patch. Instead of designing a fun, fleshed out game they went with how to sell the most with minimal effort and succeeded. They're not "playing it safe" they're doing nothing.
Very obvious at this point.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This is the reason no one takes comments like this seriously.

• "No opening of combo paths" -- There are numerous characters that have new combo paths, extended combo creativity, and a bunch of more options due to Custom Variations. Example: Sub-Zero with rising ice, Jax with Lethal Clap and Enhanced Outranked, etc.
  • "No fixing of hitboxes" -- Tons of hitboxes have been fixed. Kano's main string went from whiffing on more than half the cast to jailing on all but 4-5 of them. Frost's augers no longer whiff randomly. Etc.

* No new animations for amp version of moves -- The animation studio is closed. The entire company is in their houses under COVID lockdown. Wtf. (Have you watched a Kombat Kast?).

Like, it's fine to criticize -- but when you spout stuff that's completely untrue/misleading, it just makes it obvious what your overall goal is.

• "No opening of combo paths" -- There are numerous characters that have new combo paths, extended combo creativity, and a bunch of more options due to Custom Variations. Example: Sub-Zero with rising ice.
  • "No fixing of hitboxes" -- Tons of hitboxes have been fixed. Kano's main string went from whiffing on more than half the cast to jailing on all but 4-5 of them. Frost's augers no longer whiff. Etc.

* No new animations for amp version of moves -- The animation studio is closed. The entire company is in their houses under lockdown. Wtf.
Dude, the in-game tutorial literally says high attacks whiff only when you crouch without blocking. They did a Kombat kast and specifically mentioned that they fixed that. Well... They didn't. What do you expect?

• "No opening of combo paths" -- There are numerous characters that have new combo paths, extended combo creativity, and a bunch of more options due to Custom Variations. Example: Sub-Zero with rising ice, Jax with Lethal Clap and Enhanced Outranked, etc.
  • "No fixing of hitboxes" -- Tons of hitboxes have been fixed. Kano's main string went from whiffing on more than half the cast to jailing on all but 4-5 of them. Frost's augers no longer whiff randomly. Etc.

* No new animations for amp version of moves -- The animation studio is closed. The entire company is in their houses under COVID lockdown. Wtf. (Have you watched a Kombat Kast?).

Like, it's fine to criticize -- but when you spout stuff that's completely untrue/misleading, it just makes it obvious what your overall goal is.
The open new combo paths complaint is not solved by allowing customs. Allowing customs is a step in the right direction, but not what I or others are talking about when we say open up new combo paths. Not to mention most custom moves have been there since launch so I'm right in saying no NEW combo paths, just now theyre allowed in ranked...

What no new combo paths mainly refers to is no meterless launchers, very little creativity when it comes to combos, and straight up zero creativity for many characters. V1 Baraka combo: string/button special dash button special. But of course that kind of stuff takes time and EFFORT to implement into a fighting game.

And no I don't watch kombat kasts.

EDIT: Also, what is my "overall goal"??? Lmao, you make it sound like I'm slugworth trying to steal the success of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Am I a secret street fighter plant trying to discredit NRS?!? Or am I just a MK fan voicing legitimate concerns about the product I PAID FOR.

Last edited:

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.

My newest video kind of lays out how I feel about this altogether. I really think people need to stop playing this game now.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers

My newest video kind of lays out how I feel about this altogether. I really think people need to stop playing this game now.
I came back hoping that the player tendencies had changed its still the same game, honestly don't even think this qualifies as a fighter anymore it feels kinda like the mcat or something.

To though who like it enjoy see yall in the next title.

Salud for hanging in as long as you did.

I just don't understand why they haven't allowed us to remap the breaker button. The number of times I've gone to down block a bit late only to waste a breaker. This seems like the easiest thing to do and here we are almost 2 years later.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Sub zero now is so stupid. They gave slide + enhanced iceball + creeping ice, to him.

Now im going to press buttons a lot and being safe. zero risk.
He already had the ability to be super safe with Avalanche before, but if he wants the damage he's still going to have to cancel to the overhead into something unsafe instead of creeping ice. Likewise he risks a full combo on every slide.

So he's definitely better with his range of options now, but there's still some risk/reward involved to keep things sane.

trufenix

bye felicia
It just seems odd not to fix things people have pointed out for ages. And you figured in 7 months or nearly 2 years issues since the beginning or since Aftermath you could do enough testing to have all the bugs, errors and such taken care of no? Maybe all their resources went into new content instead.
It's an arrogant assumption that NRS can or even wants to change the game according to YOUR personal desires. You don't just wave a wand at software and make things happen, especially when your software is one of like three on the market that can do it.

Again, loudest message would be ignore it and flush it down the toilet, but you choose to follow and still complain. I say you must enjoy those bugs a lot.

trufenix

bye felicia
If no one complains, how do you figure out a solution?

People's criticism of the patch shouldn't have any effect on another's enjoyment of the game. Expecting people to be quiet about being upset about something they payed for is very selfish.
It's a common misconception that my opinion on MKs frequently idiotic fanbase has any effect on my enjoyment of the game. I'm simply wondering why you mother fuckers keep coming around day after day month after month to say, did nrs make it the way I want it yet? No? Jesus fuck, when will they still designing the game their way and get back to MINE!?