What's new

umk lag for ds...

just would like to hear other's thoughts on how much lag there might be for ds version, really hoping its better than xbl, although i have had some pretty good matches there. (and i know a good connection is important, but aside from that) Anyone else pissed it doesn't have a voice chat option? And the friend code thing is really weak, u essentially can't choose who u play against. stupid.

Tim Static

Adminerator
No voice chat is ok, knda like MKII on PSN, but not being able to choose who you play, kinda like 2, 3 or 4 friends in a room kinda sucks.

But hey, its UMK3 portable, and you get to fight someone toehr than the stupid CPU. I mean, this is a Nintendo DS, not a 360 or a PS3.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
There IS voice chat for DS^^ go to best buy and ask them for a DS wifi mic connector, it plugs into the earpiece port and you will be able to chat. They came out with it earlier this year.

They're not easy to find though. :cry:

As for lag, well to johnnycake, I can tell you this right now. I play my DS online all the time, it's GREAT very rarely do I ever have lag. I might have a few times out of the hundreds of times I've had it lag on me and I think I got disconnected from everyone like twice in Mario Kart. The other times it was only because people left....I hate that lol

I also play Planet Puzzle League, NEVER once had lag on that game so I'm really looking forward to UMK3, it's a oldschool fighter I think that also helps. :D

I wouldn't worry too much, I think it's going to be great.

the ds has a voice chat feature, but what i'm sayin is umk for ds does not. there's only a few games that utilize voice chat, pokemon, metroid and some puzzle game. Wouldv'e been cool but hey

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Voice chat would be good for when you're playing friends, but I'm going to assume there will be a lot of young players most of us probably won't want to be talking to if they have mics.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
Voice chat would be good for when you're playing friends, but I'm going to assume there will be a lot of young players most of us probably won't want to be talking to if they have mics.
Yeah, I was starting to think that no voice chat is a good thing.

MKF30

I always thought the voice chat mic option worked on ALL wifi ds games, I'll ask about that tomorrow when I pick it up, but if that's the case then that kinda sucks but as Shock & Static said, unless you're playing a friend it's in a way a good thing. I hate trash talkers... :)

RoGE

Noob
johnnycakes11 said:
the ds has a voice chat feature, but what i'm sayin is umk for ds does not. there's only a few games that utilize voice chat, pokemon, metroid and some puzzle game. Wouldv'e been cool but hey
ok seriously, where did you get that from?
I see nothing about UMK DS not having voice chat anywhere.
Post a link confirming this.

MKF30

It's a bit laggy, but the only time I had lag was against Konqrr a little bit.

I was also in mcdonald's lol so that might have something to do with it.

It plays great though for the most part. 8)

dreemernj

Ambassador
I just had very little lag against a bunch of matches with MKF30 and I had a completely lag free match against someone named EDD before that. So tiny-lag is definately possible.

MKF30

Yeah, they were fun as heck games too very good connection wise as well. I must say I agree with DreemerNJ

I also find it hilarious how everyone uses the same names as on here :lol:

Except for that cute kung lao girl player, dizgirl, she used her old name psshhh or something? :p

Anyone compare it to Xbox360? Is there any delay lag or anything comparable to that? I'm still trying to decide if I wanna buy a DS for this.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Frankiebonez said:
Anyone compare it to Xbox360? Is there any delay lag or anything comparable to that? I'm still trying to decide if I wanna buy a DS for this.
I thought you already did Frank?

MKF30

There is some lag if you're playing someone with a bad connection but it's fun 8)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There was no noticable delay vs Dreemer, but against the next guy I played it was like standard X360 play, which is still pretty good.

Tim Static said:
Frankiebonez said:
I thought you already did Frank?
nope, dunno if I'm forking out the loot just to play UMK3. I might though, since a DS is easily hackable for TONS of games. I need some sorta portable system I guess.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Just got to try it out at work :-(

Sadly, though I get a wireless connection to someone, it's so lossy it's unplayable. Just tried a couple of matches against someone and it was so bad and then cut out after like the 3rd match. Most unfortunate.

I could set up wireless connected to my work network but I have a feeling the firewall would kill it.

Oh well, I guess that gives me the benefit of not getting fired.

Tim Static

Adminerator
dreemernj said:
Oh well, I guess that gives me the benefit of not getting fired.
lol...like thats important :roll:

you gotta get a real slacker job like me. I hope the WI-Fi at my bowling alley is gonna be good for this game.

BTW, I willbe on LATE, I mean so late its early the next 3 nights at work. Hopefully, I can get some matches in against the people like MKF30, Dreemer & Sheisse.

But no matter what my connection is, just being able to play UMK3 now at work is gonna be sweet. I was getting EXTREMELY tired of playing MK3 on the PSP. No punch or kick starters was killing me, lol.

could someone just upload a video (from a camera) to see how much lag this game got? im waiting for my game:D i saw it but i want it to play:D

MKF30

Shock said:
There was no noticable delay vs Dreemer, but against the next guy I played it was like standard X360 play, which is still pretty good.

Yeah, I guess it depends like 360 because when I played Dreemer prior to you playing him, our matches were as if they were offline they were that good. :)

Glad you like it though man.

@ Dreemer lol, yeah man I found out that a firewall(a good strong one) WILL indeed block it and cause lag, when I disabled it, much faster...

Tim Static, sure dude you bet : )

BTW, I'm not sure if you know by now but yesterday when played Konqrr @ Mcdonalds lol the connection sucked, kept getting disconnected however he did say he had router problems so that might have played a role.

I'm sure you'll be alright though in your bowling alley, best of luck with that man.

BTW, I saw you online before lol but I had to go out UMKStaticShock your name is right? I remember that character, cool show.

MKF30

Hey RZP what's up?

Anyway, I took the time to just tape a casual match but I do some nice combos with Ermac :wink:

Pardon the camera/DS movement, I was more worried about getting the live feed taped rather then me winning/and the actual gameplay....lol

The second match there's lots of movement so once again my apologies, the point of the vid is to show how well the DS UMK3 version plays online.

Also, the quality isn't the best either because I was trying to get the right zoom and unfortunately had no help. :cry: I did this all alone.

Check it out man, hope you like the vid. :)

P.S. I know I sound evil, and I'm latin/spanish 8) since everyone always asks and because someone always comments on how I sound lol :p

Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_lrzl_wVI