What's new

Ultra SF4 will have Edition Select

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No, they don't. This isn't well received by the SF community. All they do is recycle the same game over and over.
Just make SF5 already...
Imagine being stuck with mk9 for 2 yrs and having to play it 6-7 more yrs until mk10. A decade is going to pass and they are still going to have the same game, just with new ultras, chars, and patches.

And by fan base? do you mean casual gamers? because MK dominates SF in that aspect
Joe...the shear numbers sf has at tournaments shows how effective that strategy is. How can you say it isn't well received when they 100% of the time have the highest numbers of all tournament entries? I don't want a recycled game, I want an improved version of the game I love. I want MK10 to be like mk 9 with improvements and some universal gameplay mechanics implemented. I want the characters to feel the same yet perform differently.

In other words:
Stop remapping specials and normals. keep it the same but alter the frame data and universal functions.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
It's just been confirmed that this will be offline only. No online versus mode will have the option to select different versions of a character.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I'm seeing in the near future a side tourney for this mode. My dream match-up is AE Yun vs. SF4 Ryu

Joe...the shear numbers sf has at tournaments shows how effective that strategy is. How can you say it isn't well received when they 100% of the time have the highest numbers of all tournament entries? I don't want a recycled game, I want an improved version of the game I love. I want MK10 to be like mk 9 with improvements and some universal gameplay mechanics implemented. I want the characters to feel the same yet perform differently.

In other words:
Stop remapping specials and normals. keep it the same but alter the frame data and universal functions.
But that's my point. You can't ask for mk10. You have to ask for mk9 with patches.

Casually, NRS dominates.
But tournament wise, Capcom does (and they save and make a lot of money recycling!)

You can't ask for mk10 when capcom hasn't given them sf5.
But my point, edition select will serve no purpose in tournaments. It'll be for fun, but it won't be messed with as much as ultra for obvious reasons

E

Eldriken

I think the Edition Select will be for exhibitions and such. I very, very seriously doubt we'd ever see it for an actual tournament. Casuals, exhibition, endless lobbies, etc.? Sure.

NHDR

Noob
Mode is confirmed to be restricted to offline only. Got me hyped and ruined it all in the same day, Capcom. Useless feature if not given online support.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
No, they don't. This isn't well received by the SF community. All they do is recycle the same game over and over.
Just make SF5 already...
Imagine being stuck with mk9 for 2 yrs and having to play it 6-7 more yrs until mk10. A decade is going to pass and they are still going to have the same game, just with new ultras, chars, and patches.

And by fan base? do you mean casual gamers? because MK dominates SF in that aspect
I like it, why make a new game when you can finetune the one I already know how to play?

Matix218

Get over here!
Mode is confirmed to be restricted to offline only. Got me hyped and ruined it all in the same day, Capcom. Useless feature if not given online support.
Why? So you can abuse broken characters against people online. Seems kind of pointless to me

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Just make SF5 already...

At this point, they're doing Ultra SFIV as a fanservice to the people still playing.

Vanilla was the start, Super was the 'sequel', AE was the apology to arcade players not getting Super, 2012 was the apology for how poorly balanced AE was, and Ultra is basically the penultimate fanservice game for SFIV fans meant to give us EVERYTHING.

AFAIK, people are definitely excited for Ultra, but hate the way Capcom has been hush-hush about certain things.

NHDR

Noob
Why? So you can abuse broken characters against people online. Seems kind of pointless to me
No abuse if the option is limited to non-ranked online matches. I wouldn't even "main" any of the broken characters, I just think it would be fun to mess around and see how some matchups might fare.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@gamemk

the jump to ssf4 is what I'm looking for for mk10. I don't want the same game. just the same mechanics and feel. OObviously i want to update the graphics and the overall meta.

think fadc

but I agree with you. At the same time you can't take away the validity in what I am saying.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
MK10 being a updating MK9 would probably be better for the "NRS" community, it would also maybe be more solid game since they would be building off a base, and know what to and what not to do.

But personally, I want what gamemk wants.
Them to scrub out all the garbage 3D elements that are holding the series down. I want a proper 2D MK game, with 2D attacks, and a fast fluid 2D feel.
MK9 and Injustice have such a weird clunky feel to them.

Still, I enjoyed MK9 a lot, so I will be happy with MK10 either way, unless they devolve even further into the 3D gameplay. Then i'm out.

MK10 being a updating MK9 would probably be better for the "NRS" community, it would also maybe be more solid game since they would be building off a base, and know what to and what not to do.

But personally, I want what gamemk wants.
Them to scrub out all the garbage 3D elements that are holding the series down. I want a proper 2D MK game, with 2D attacks, and a fast fluid 2D feel.
MK9 and Injustice have such a weird clunky feel to them.

Still, I enjoyed MK9 a lot, so I will be happy with MK10 either way, unless they devolve even further into the 3D gameplay. Then i'm out.
Fucking perfect

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
MK9 and inj are both 2d games.

whats happening here? They use a different graphics engine but it is still a 2d game. i don't get it!