What's new

Ultra SF4 will have Edition Select

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease

Vagrant

Noob
Not sure how this will affect the tourney play of this game
Well if the game on the tourney line up says "Ultra Street Fighter 4" Everyone will use the ultra versions of each character.

But yeah I see what you mean. This will create some interesting matchups. I hope it's only ultra online though.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'm sure it will be like Hyper Street Fighter 2, where every version of every character was available for tournament play. I'm more interested in:

1. Will USFIV system changes still affect the other versions of the characters

2. How will the ranked system work with this. Will all versions be available in ranked? Will it be only USFIV? Will you select the version before hand? If it's the first. Then prepare to hear about a lot of salt about Vanilla Sagat again.

I was wondering when someone would make this thread. It's a pretty dope feature I must say, probably a first which is sick. However, I doubt this will be used in tourney play (USF4 will be used mainly). However, this will lead to some sick exhibitions. Can't wait to get this game :D

cyke_out

Noob
I'm sure it will be like Hyper Street Fighter 2, where every version of every character was available for tournament play. I'm more interested in:

1. Will USFIV system changes still affect the other versions of the characters

2. How will the ranked system work with this. Will all versions be available in ranked? Will it be only USFIV? Will you select the version before hand? If it's the first. Then prepare to hear about a lot of salt about Vanilla Sagat again.
vanilla characters only get their 1 ultra. Ultra characters are the only ones that get red focus and delayed wake up.

RM Truth

I was wondering when someone would make this thread. It's a pretty dope feature I must say, probably a first which is sick. However, I doubt this will be used in tourney play (USF4 will be used mainly). However, this will lead to some sick exhibitions. Can't wait to get this game :D
They did it for Street Fighter 2 as well. They also allowed all versions of the characters in tournaments so who knows what will happen in the future.

RM Truth

vanilla characters only get their 1 ultra. Ultra characters are the only ones that get red focus and delayed wake up.
I knew about vanilla only getting Ultra 1, but I was curious about the Ultra system changes. Thanks.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I saw this last night and was so hype to be able to use vanilla Sagat online against peeps. If we can't use this online I will be sad. :-(

RM Truth

I think it should be Ultra only for ranked, but the option to turn it on for player lobbies online. Me and my Capcom group would love to mess around with this.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
it seems like an interesting new feature that yeah likely will just add an extra level on fun like Tag did MK9. Tag was pretty fun when you had 4 players playing.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Very cool feature; it would be actually go to play old versions of characters just to see what things have changed outside of patch notes, just to confirm what works and what no longer works.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
It'd be awesome if I can bust out vanilla SSFIV Bison where his Ultra 2 command was QCF x 2 instead of a damn CHARGE.

MK needs to do this.

keep the same feel of the game, add new elements while modifying frame data and moves to make "different" versions of characters. That is why the fan base is so large for sf.
No, they don't. This isn't well received by the SF community. All they do is recycle the same game over and over.
Just make SF5 already...
Imagine being stuck with mk9 for 2 yrs and having to play it 6-7 more yrs until mk10. A decade is going to pass and they are still going to have the same game, just with new ultras, chars, and patches.

And by fan base? do you mean casual gamers? because MK dominates SF in that aspect

RM Truth

I may have to look into that. I didn't play the first version, only after super came out. Also, what super trap ?
If you threw a fireball at a certain distance and the opponent jumped it, you could throw super out and it would hit them on their way down.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
No, they don't. This isn't well received by the SF community. All they do is recycle the same game over and over.
Just make SF5 already...
Imagine being stuck with mk9 for 2 yrs and having to play it 6-7 more yrs until mk10. A decade is going to pass and they are still going to have the same game, just with new ultras, chars, and patches.

And by fan base? do you mean casual gamers? because MK dominates SF in that aspect
The game is still played...I mean, why bring out another version since it still is the most played fighting game. But yea, in like 2 years, I wanna see SF5.