What's new

Guide Ultimate BD3/F3/J3 Combo Guide

cirkusfreaksho

All in a day's work
mid combo trait activation should still work after a b3. So something like f113 into mb ice spike , b3 then activate trait into slide.... Seems like theres more than enough time to activate trait after b3 using this setup so with the added 10 frames of recovery it will probably be doable just a tighter window...thoughts?

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
mid combo trait activation should still work after a b3. So something like f113 into mb ice spike , b3 then activate trait into slide.... Seems like theres more than enough time to activate trait after b3 using this setup so with the added 10 frames of recovery it will probably be doable just a tighter window...thoughts?

Ya, seems tighter.

Sad part here is that Ill have to redo all the numbers...

F**K

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
TA combos are still possible, but only if you haven't done a slide yet in the combo and the damage is HELLA nerfed on trait. Down by at least 10%.

AND... once her trait is activated, it doesn't last as long... fml

Here is one for f3:

f3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3x8 22~Iceberg - 50% (!!)

At least the b3 one is ok... less overall damage loss:

b3, j3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3x8 22~Iceberg - 55%

NOTE: I don't think it is possible if you start your combo with slide. I've tried to do Slide, MB Iceberg, TA then u3, but it won't connect.

ApertureBlack

TA combos are still possible, but only if you haven't done a slide yet in the combo and the damage is HELLA nerfed on trait. Down by at least 10%.

AND... once her trait is activated, it doesn't last as long... fml

Here is one for f3:

f3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3x8 22~Iceberg - 50% (!!)

At least the b3 one is ok... less overall damage loss:

b3, j3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3x8 22~Iceberg - 55%

NOTE: I don't think it is possible if you start your combo with slide. I've tried to do Slide, MB Iceberg, TA then u3, but it won't connect.

Sometimes im happy that I play mainly on the Wii U lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sometimes im happy that I play mainly on the Wii U lol.
111 hit confirm into EX Iceberg TA for 51%

I got u3 to connect a bunch of times after 111~EX Iceberg, but never after a trait activation... only when I pressed trait and I wasn't at 99% yet so it didn't activate. I honestly think that there are additional recovery frames on activation colt ??

Also, it feels like quickly tapping trait builds less than it used to. I swear that I have it where I used to have it in the old TA combos but the damn thing won't activate half the time.

ApertureBlack

UPDATE:

I found you can use 11b2~Slide after TA in combos. It is a 6f startup instead of the 9f standing 2 and has wall carry.

So you still use any of the previous setups that do not already have a slide then hit with a 2~MB Iceberg, do the TA and hit with 11b2~Slide afterward. I think you only get 6 or 7 volleys now which sucks because we lose around 10% per combo. It seems all variations now do 50-51%.

You have to make sure that when the MB Iceberg hits, they are still in range for the first hit of 11b2. It takes practice to know what to do to get this, but it's possible.

EDIT: So I recorded the new TA combos in practice mode... I just need to capture them to my laptop. You can still do the u3 if you have them high enough in the EX Iceberg although it's extremely difficult. I also found a way to use TA in combos where you have already done slide... but if you started the combo with a MB Grab, you are fucked lol

EDIT 2: I strongly suggest that you archive the OP with the combos before the trait nerf so we don't have to relearn them if something changes ^_^

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
xKhaoTik RiBBz22 Jer ApocaLips

Killer Frost Trait Activation (TA) Combos for version 1.05:

F3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 11b2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~Iceberg - 52% (wall carry)
F3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~Iceberg - 52%
F3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 11b2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~MB Grab, NJ2, 2 reset - 52% (wall carry)
F3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~MB Grab, NJ2, 2 reset - 52%

B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 11b2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~Iceberg - 57% (wall carry)
B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~Iceberg - 57%
B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 11b2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~MB Grab, NJ2, 2 reset - 57% (wall carry)
B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~MB Grab, NJ2, 2 reset - 56%

J3, 2~Slide, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x4, 11b2~Daggers - 48% (wall carry)
J3, 2~Slide, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x5, 22~Grab - 49%
J3, 2~Slide, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x6, 22~Iceberg - 50%
J3, 2~Slide, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, u3 x8, 22~MB Grab - 56% (difficult)

Slide, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x5, 22~Grab - 44%
Slide, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x?, 22~Grab - ??% (possible??)

Also something to note is that with any of these wall carry combos that have MB Grab at the end, if you happen to start the combo near the starting point of Rooftop Metropolis facing right, then you will get the MB Grab near the corner! From there you can b3 to get the hell off of that stage if you want to :p GGA 16 Bit

EDIT: Before anyone discredits the usefulness of these combos... I have only been practicing them for the last couple of hours and got one online first try.

ApertureBlack

Konqrr, unfortunately I do not readily have an Xbox to test such things on, as I play on the Wii U.

So this thread will need help from others, as I cannot actually do them lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Konqrr, unfortunately I do not readily have an Xbox to test such things on, as I play on the Wii U.

So this thread will need help from others, as I cannot actually do them lol.
Well, they are tested and work... I did them online last night a bunch of times so they are reliable.

Just update the OP with a 1.o5 section for now and we will be all good.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Let me know if you need any title changes or any other type of moderation changes.

Konqrr Love this combo

ApertureBlack

Well, they are tested and work... I did them online last night a bunch of times so they are reliable.

Just update the OP with a 1.o5 section for now and we will be all good.

I did actually

Let me know if you need any title changes or any other type of moderation changes.

Konqrr Love this combo

Again, being unable to produce information, I do think that some other member who has the ability to document such things would be appreicated. Currently I am just copy pasting others such and have no ability to test things myself.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I did actually

Again, being unable to produce information, I do think that some other member who has the ability to document such things would be appreicated. Currently I am just copy pasting others such and have no ability to test things myself.
I thought they had the patch now on the Wii-U.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Konqrr, you can do u3x8 in the f3 launchers. Does 1% extra damage lol

B1u3 TA BNB into reset does 53%
I wanted to keep the combos moving in the same direction (start facing right, end up facing right)

The damage nerf from the last patch really hurt these combos ;_;

angelbless

Sorrow
xKhaoTik RiBBz22 Jer ApocaLips

Killer Frost Trait Activation (TA) Combos for version 1.05:

F3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 11b2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~Iceberg - 52% (wall carry)
F3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~Iceberg - 52%
F3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 11b2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~MB Grab, NJ2, 2 reset - 52% (wall carry)

B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 11b2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~Iceberg - 57% (wall carry)
B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~Iceberg - 57%
B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 11b2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~MB Grab, NJ2, 2 reset - 57% (wall carry)
B3, j3, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 2~Slide, u3 x7, 22~MB Grab, NJ2, 2 reset - 56%

J3, 2~Slide, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x4, 11b2~Daggers - 48% (wall carry)
J3, 2~Slide, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x5, 22~Grab - 49%
J3, 2~Slide, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x6, 22~Iceberg - 50%
J3, 2~Slide, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, u3 x8, 22~MB Grab - 56% (difficult)

Slide, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x5, 22~Grab - 44%
Slide, u3, u3, 2~MB Iceberg, TA, 22~MB Grab, b1u3, u3 x?, 22~Grab - ??% (possible??)

Also something to note is that with any of these wall carry combos that have MB Grab at the end, if you happen to start the combo near the starting point of Rooftop Metropolis facing right, then you will get the MB Grab near the corner! From there you can b3 to get the hell off of that stage if you want to :p GGA 16 Bit

EDIT: Before anyone discredits the usefulness of these combos... I have only been practicing them for the last couple of hours and got one online first try.
This is amazing!!! just one things if I may ask.. How can you do U3 x7!! :S!!

So, after MB iceberg, you get to do the TA.. I understand there should be a specific timing right?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is amazing!!! just one things if I may ask.. How can you do U3 x7!! :S!!

So, after MB iceberg, you get to do the TA.. I understand there should be a specific timing right?
I will make a video soon for 1.05, but the ones from the previous patch should show you what these are: