What's new

UFGT9: Day 1 Recap, Update, and Stream Schedule -- Updated With IGAU Top 16

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
For the first time, I:GAU players from various regions of the country have descended upon Chicago's Crowne Plaza O'Hare hotel to see how their skills stack up against some of the best in other areas of the country. Friday night held a lot of action, with 8 Injustice pools, and 4 for Mortal Kombat 9 as well.

UPDATE: I:GAU Top 8:

Winners:
GGA Slips​
WoundCowboy​
AGE Chris G​
TS Arturo​
Losers:
CORN|Alucard​
ForeverKing​
GGA Dizzy​
RDK Godspeed​

Here are the matches set for I:GAU's Top 16:

Winners:
GGA 16 Bit vs (W)GGA Slips​
RDK Godspeed vs (W)WoundCowboy​
GGA Jeremiah vs (W)AGE Chris G​
GGA Soonk vs (W)TS Arturo​
Losers:
(W)PerfectLegend vs GGA Pimpimjim​
(W)GGA Dizzy vs DJT​
(W)ForeverKing vs RDK Awesomo​
(W)Alucard vs Pig of the Hut​
Credit: Art Killer B

In Mortal Kombat action, the following people have made it into the top 8:

Winners (Updated @ 5:59PM EST)
GGA 16 Bit​
Dizzy​
MIT​
FOREVER KING​
Losers
Wafflez​
PimpimJim​
GGA Soonk​
Perfect Legend​
Credit: GGA 16 Bit for the top 8 info*​

Also, an exciting (and enjoyably salty) Character Auction tournament was held late last night, with everyone bidding to win their character of choice. By the time all the dollars had been laid on the table, some participants had bet more than their entrance fee (and in some cases, more than the price of the actual video game itself) for the privilege of playing with their character of choice. Catwoman notably sold for over $60 -- only to lose handily in her first match.

Several players were able to notch their tournament main characters, including DJT, Ohio's Playing2Win, and the Toryuken I:GAU champion GGA Jeremiah. Denzell brought out an extremely strong Green Lantern, with a variety of double-rocket frame traps that posed problems for the rest of the competitors, and beat GGA Jeremiah in an exciting Grand Finals set to take 1st.

Of special note is Alabama's "Hollywood" Glass_Sword, who secured his alternate Wonder Woman and blazed a trail through friend and foe alike to place 3rd.

Remaining Schedule:
-There are 8 more Injustice pools today, and although none of them will be shown, we'll pick the Top 16 -> Top 8 back up at 8pm CST on http://twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
-The Top 8 for MK9 will be played live on stream tonight at 10pm CST on the VGBootCamp stream.​
Injustice Top 8 is Sunday morning on http://twitch.tv/leveluplive, at the rousing hour of 9:30 AM CST (asian prime time).​

Good luck to everyone competing -- and here's to 2 more days of thrilling I:GAU and MK action.

Credit: Pig Of The Hut, EGP Wonder_Chef

Attachments

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
i assume chris g is the last person in winners

he was in Awesomo's pool, and since pig didn't say that chris lost at all, I think he made it out in winners

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
I'm not sure if this article is wrong or if I missed something, but I'm pretty sure I just watched Chaosphere beat Josh Funkdoc with Lobo to get in to the top 32 for injustice.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
@CrimsonShadow

i wonder how much $ the auction pot ended up to be... I heard the coomentaros saying it was the highest money pot in ufgt auction history...

Does anyone know how much DJT won??

BTW DJT's double rocket frame trap tech is pretty sick.. I hope he goes far

VizNasty

Noob
How are none of the injustice pools being streamed today? Isn't IGAU the most popular event in this tourney? This seems like a poor decision for the streamers.

Edit: spelling