What's new

U.K.'s GAME Store to host several Injustice: Gods Among Us events starting April 1st - Entrants LTD!

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
try out death stroke or raven, black adam can zone but he get easily caught by people who jump tons (everyone playing batman and gliding in) Death strokes trait makes his guns unblockable and his EX machine gun anti airs people who jump it.
The death stroke player in norwich was pretty solid but unless you can convert your damage then people who know the demo characters dont really have to fear your 10-20% damage (if youre lucky)
Its certainly going to be an interesting weekend in Birmingham!

Backfire

Noob
thats a shame smokey. there was a batman player at our tournament too but he got taken out by the raven player.

good luck PunkMafia83. when are you playing??

im going to go catwoman all the way i think, i was able to get 30%+ conversions just wish i had more time to practise as her.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
thats a shame smokey. there was a batman player at our tournament too but he got taken out by the raven player.

good luck PunkMafia83. when are you playing??

im going to go catwoman all the way i think, i was able to get 30%+ conversions just wish i had more time to practise as her.
There were 3 or 4 there that knew the BNB but i think the sticks stopped people from being able to execute them consistantly. Even the guy who won it was dropping them, but being able to get 30% off batmans low and overhead and bat-zip line thingy, that just meant you cant keep up with them in terms of trading health.

Backfire

Noob
There were 3 or 4 there that knew the BNB but i think the sticks stopped people from being able to execute them consistantly. Even the guy who won it was dropping them, but being able to get 30% off batmans low and overhead and bat-zip line thingy, that just meant you cant keep up with them in terms of trading health.
yeah that sucks i just hope there arent too many batman players at the finals.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
yeah that sucks i just hope there arent too many batman players at the finals.
Since the final is on the 19th I wonder how many finalists will quickly practice up on some random character before the event? I'd expect lots of batmans though tbh, he's pretty solid.

PunkMafia83

I want to use Catwoman but I think I want to try out Deathstroke He "looks" like he has a good backdash and some projectile advantage to keep people out so will see. My execution on stick is terrible anyways so what I can do with batman now probably wont translate to Sunday, depends how many casuals I can get in first....

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I want to use Catwoman but I think I want to try out Deathstroke He "looks" like he has a good backdash and some projectile advantage to keep people out so will see. My execution on stick is terrible anyways so what I can do with batman now probably wont translate to Sunday, depends how many casuals I can get in first....
Tips for deathstroke that i saw from the other guy, his guns are awesome, the machine gun is easy to jump over but if you do the quick pistols you can time it for when they land. In focus mode he gets unblockable gunshots, which is really good to use with EX machine gun, because it throws a grenade which they cant jump over, so thats nice. his jump heavy crosses up and combos into the like spinning sword thing, for some damage. and his super does like 40% hah

EDIT- after focus mode ends you start missing gunshots for a few seconds. If you get focus at fullscreen and start shooting, move next to a stage interactable while you have them pinned full screen, so as soon as focus mode ends you can use it to waste some time/keep people out/do some damage while your focus regenerates. Dont use your focus apart from at full screnn though because it has like a years startup time and the guy got punished for trying it pretty much every time up close

Backfire

Noob
Backfire, gonna try deathstroke. test people blocking. Gonna get bodied anyways.....
zoning is a good choice for the tourney i think. the person who came second at my tourney used raven and got there by mostly zoning people out.

a lot of people dont block including myself i was poor at blocking to begin with and got hit with a lot of low hits. but i sorted myself out.

PunkMafia83

zoning is a good choice for the tourney i think. the person who came second at my tourney used raven and got there by mostly zoning people out.

a lot of people dont block including myself i was poor at blocking to begin with and got hit with a lot of low hits. but i sorted myself out.
Cool. I think I saw a deathstroke movelist somewhere

Backfire

Noob
have you seen the footage of aturo sanchez playing as deathstroke? looks like he has a very easy BnB 30% combo and is a great zoner.

Just an update really to any guys going to the lewisham event, i can confirm the event starts at 6pm not 21.30, i did think it was strange starting so late, and prob missing my last train home so i got the stores number, and rang them spoke to the manager in store and asked for conformation im on his list for the tournament on the 9th he confirmed my attendance, when i said ok so it kicks off 21.30 right he said no it starts at 18.00 i said oh and he assured me thats definite time it starts, good for me as i might not miss train home now hope people read this before not turning up till its finished, ;)

Albo

Noob
Just an update really to any guys going to the lewisham event, i can confirm the event starts at 6pm not 21.30, i did think it was strange starting so late, and prob missing my last train home so i got the stores number, and rang them spoke to the manager in store and asked for conformation im on his list for the tournament on the 9th he confirmed my attendance, when i said ok so it kicks off 21.30 right he said no it starts at 18.00 i said oh and he assured me thats definite time it starts, good for me as i might not miss train home now hope people read this before not turning up till its finished, ;)
Which number did you call? The one one on their site here just puts me through an automated service and doesn't allow me to speak to any staff in store.

@PND_Mustard, @PND_Ketchup

Can either of you guys confirm the start time or if above post is true?

I've tweeted the store too without any response. How can they change the start time to 3 hours earlier the day before without informing anyone and expect a sufficient amount of people to show. Doesn't make sense.

yeah i had the same real problems getting hold of that store it wasent untill i e mailed, game customer services for lewishams direct number that i got it, if anyone wants conformation of what i wrote, then by all means ring first thing in morning 9am also to check your on the list the direct number to game lewisham is 0208 318 6518 :) but yeah kinda sucks that i had to find this out and that many could have missed it including myself.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Hey guys.

I've spoken to @PND_Ketchup and he's saying its 100% 21:30 for Lewisham tomorrow and the store manager is misinformed. He wasn't the first either apparently.

Edit:

Event is now 18:30 as per Email from Game below.

this dont make sense how can a manager of that store not know what time a tornament starts in his own store, he seemed pretty dam sure on phone, and said store closes 17.30 so can come from anytime onwards, if it is 21,30 as before then im gonna have the same travel back woes, so i kinda hope its earlier il ring again tomorrow to find out whats going on

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
How do they expect us to be able to do a tournament, and get back to where ever we come from if they start at 9:30pm?

Respect the underground time traps ffs

Just got back from peterborough event. It was awesome thanks to everyone that ran the event and set it up i really enjoyed it :) (I was he guy in the purple hat playing batman) If anyone wants some online matches for when the game comes outfeel free to add me :D

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Just had this Email from Game guys.

Hi Gamers!

Please note there has been an important time change to the one advertised online - The event in Lewisham will kick off around 6.30pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you there.

Good luck!

sweet i emailed neil broadhead local marketing manager and he sent this back to me
Hi Dan,

Sorry for the Mix up, Start time is 6.30pm - we've just sent out an update.

Many thanks,
Neil so after everything we have conformation now. il see everyone there playing in lewisham il be wearing my SnakeEaterDan t shirt so you wont miss me,