What's new

General/Other U+3 Bug

REO

Undead
Extremely irritating, but why can't Skarlet use U+3 during a dash? Mileena, Jade, etc. can all do their U+ moves while dashing. Right now it's pretty much useless since you HAVE to stand still in order to do it. And let's all be serious, Skarlet is not a "stand in one spot" character.

I'm hoping the fix comes along with the throw damage and blood slide low bug.

Loot

the special effects
I noticed this yesterday and it was irritating as well. Outside of the corner her U+3 is useless.

kr3wman

Noob
its considered a neutral jump attack, which means you can cancel into air dagger if it hits and continue to combo.

since you cant neutral jump out of a dash you can't u+3. I'm not saying it would be too good or something.

REO

Undead
its considered a neutral jump attack, which means you can cancel into air dagger if it hits and continue to combo.

since you cant neutral jump out of a dash you can't u+3. I'm not saying it would be too good or something.
So what if it's considered a neutral jump attack? Kitana's B+2 is considered a neutral jump attack and she can do it out of dashes all day.

U+3 is an important part of Skarlet's game, the fact that she can't use it because it's bugged is rediculous.

what bug is this?
She can do F+2 or B+2 after the blood slide (DF3~4) low.

kr3wman

Noob
So what if it's considered a neutral jump attack? Kitana's B+2 is considered a neutral jump attack and she can do it out of dashes all day.
Maybe Kitana's b2 isn't then.

I mean, it's just what I thought.

REO

Undead
Well there's two ways of looking at it here:

A neutral jump attack is a move that lets you cancel into a special that can be done in the air. (Kitana B+2)

Or

A neutral jump attack is a move that is done with the up motion. (Mileena U+4)

Either way, I think it's safe to assume Skarlet's U+3 is bugged and needs to be fixed. I don't think any of these moves are "neutral jump attacks", that term would fit U~1/2 or U~3/4 better.

kr3wman

Noob
It could also mean Skarlet's u3 puts her in a neutral jump state (just u), while Kitana's b2 is a generic jump state (all of ub/uf/u) while Mileena's u4 never puts her in a jump states at all, you're just inputting up.

Changing Skarlet's u3 from a nj state into a generic jump state like kitana's b2 would fix the bug.

It's just theory, I also think it's probably not supposed to be that way.

Excuse my clueless-ness for a moment, but I'm not sure I understand.
you can cancel the slide directly into an upslash or downslash. probably a side effect of being able to cancel the dash into the slashes.

REO

Undead
It could also mean Skarlet's u3 puts her in a neutral jump state (just u), while Kitana's b2 is a generic jump state (all of ub/uf/u) while Mileena's u4 never puts her in a jump states at all, you're just inputting up.

Changing Skarlet's u3 from a nj state into a generic jump state like kitana's b2 would fix the bug.

It's just theory, I also think it's probably not supposed to be that way.
I don't understand what neutral jumping has to do with anything. Skarlet is considered airborne after U+3, so is Kitana with B+2, they both can perform air specials out of those moves. Mileena is considered airborne during U+4 but not after.

Do you neutral jump first before doing U+3? No. It's just bugged, there is no neutral jump ever occurring.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I found this annoying when playing her last night too... you MUST be stationary to use it, so annoying.

Zebster

How's my volume?
you can cancel the slide directly into an upslash or downslash. probably a side effect of being able to cancel the dash into the slashes.
OH! It finally clicked. I was thinking something else. I understand now. I wonder how much damage she gets in combos without the slide bug.

kr3wman

Noob
I don't understand what neutral jumping has to do with anything. Skarlet is considered airborne after U+3, so is Kitana with B+2, they both can perform air specials out of those moves. Mileena is considered airborne during U+4 but not after.

Do you neutral jump first before doing U+3? No. It's just bugged, there is no neutral jump ever occurring.
There's obviously a difference between the different jump states if you can only jump forward during a forward dash, only jump back during a back dash and can't neutral jump in both.

Mileena's u4 just has an animation that makes Mileena jump, like her b2. She's not considered by the game to be in a 'jumping' state, she just has an animation that makes her leave the ground and is considered a normal, so she can do it out of both forward and backward dashes.

Kitana's b2 probably puts her in a 'jumping forward' state. She's not jumping forward, but the move makes the game think she is, which is why she can throw a fan or square out of it. That also lets her do it out of a forward dash.

Skarlet's u3 probably puts her in a 'neutral jump' state. She's not jumping up, but the move makes the game think she is, which is why she can throw a dagger or teleport out of it. However, since you can't neutral jump out of dashes, you can't do u3 while dashing.

Skarlet's u3 isn't just a normal attack like Mileena's u4, and obviously doesn't work the same way as Kitana's b2 since she'd be able to do it out of a forward dash.

I'm not saying you're wrong, since I also think it's bugged, this is just what I think why you can't u3 out of a dash.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
There's obviously a difference between the different jump states if you can only jump forward during a forward dash, only jump back during a back dash and can't neutral jump in both.

Mileena's u4 just has an animation that makes Mileena jump, like her b2. She's not considered by the game to be in a 'jumping' state, she just has an animation that makes her leave the ground and is considered a normal, so she can do it out of both forward and backward dashes.

Kitana's b2 probably puts her in a 'jumping forward' state. She's not jumping forward, but the move makes the game think she is, which is why she can throw a fan or square out of it. That also lets her do it out of a forward dash.

Skarlet's u3 probably puts her in a 'neutral jump' state. She's not jumping up, but the move makes the game think she is, which is why she can throw a dagger or teleport out of it. However, since you can't neutral jump out of dashes, you can't do u3 while dashing.

Skarlet's u3 isn't just a normal attack like Mileena's u4, and obviously doesn't work the same way as Kitana's b2 since she'd be able to do it out of a forward dash.

I'm not saying you're wrong, since I also think it's bugged, this is just what I think why you can't u3 out of a dash.
What? Its not a neutral jump, its an attack.

Quan Chi can dash forward and U3, leave the ground and hit confirm trance. This is a bug.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Extremely irritating, but why can't Skarlet use U+3 during a dash? Mileena, Jade, etc. can all do their U+ moves while dashing. Right now it's pretty much useless since you HAVE to stand still in order to do it. And let's all be serious, Skarlet is not a "stand in one spot" character.

I'm hoping the fix comes along with the throw damage and blood slide low bug.
It's a sign to stop playing. Trust me.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
thx, there's a fix in place for this. It's a patch issue tho, won't be hotfix'd.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
That's not a bug. It's just not listed in the moves list. I recall hearing Paulo Garcia explain that Skarlet has a number of options from her slide, the three attacks are among those options. If they remove the two attack options, (F+2, B+2 duriing the slide) then Skarlet will lose two really BIG attack/combo options. Don't you guys go in and report this as a bug, doing so will be foolish. This was intended behavior.

Peace

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
That's not a bug. It's just not listed in the moves list. I recall hearing Paulo Garcia explain that Skarlet has a number of options from her slide, the three attacks are among those options. If they remove the two attack options, (F+2, B+2 duriing the slide) then Skarlet will lose two really BIG attack/combo options. Don't you guys go in and report this as a bug, doing so will be foolish. This was intended behavior.

Peace
The opposite. cancel's off the slide are caused by another bug and will be removed in a hotfix in a few days.

REO

Undead

Peace
You have it all wrong. After doing DF3~4 Skarlet can cancel into her F+2 and B+2 slashes, so it'd be something like this:

DF3~4~F+2
DF3~4~B+2

It's a pretty broken bug right now since she can easily hit confirm off her safe slide (DF3~4) into launchers. I'm glad it's being removed, it makes her retarded.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
You have it all wrong. After doing DF3~4 Skarlet can cancel into her F+2 and B+2 slashes, so it'd be something like this:

DF3~4~F+2
DF3~4~B+2

It's a pretty broken bug right now since she can easily hit confirm off her safe slide (DF3~4) into launchers. I'm glad it's being removed, it makes her retarded.
I see, I didn't realize that she can pull off one of the slashes after she performs the low hit (attack 4). That is definitely some bullshit lol! I've only been performing DF3~F+2/B+2 during combos. Good to know that they are in the process of fixing it. Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Peace

How this is the slide into up/downward slash a bug, it's a part of her move options, It suppose to work like that. Some people just don't make since.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

But seriously, this is exactly right. If you don't get it, or still think it's a bug, read it again. The U+3 is a neutral jump attack, which is why she can do either of her two air knife attacks after.

How this is the slide into up/downward slash a bug, it's a part of her move options, It suppose to work like that. Some people just don't make since.
Respect your Elder Gods.

you shouldnt be able to slide into a 40%+ combo (slide being safe as well) you could just do this repeatedly against a low blocker and get the b2 after slide pretty much every time

O i see now... I was confused. I thought they was talking about the dash, but its the slide... my fault. But if they do the slashes out of the low slide, and you block both. then they are getting punished. I mean basically block low then stand block, then punish.