What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

byAidan

I'm just looking to level up, ya feel?
No variations for Injustice 2 for two reasons.

1) There were a ton of balance problems regarding the variations and it seems really hard to keep up with, regardless of how inventive it was. Too many variations went unused while others had the limelight since day one.

2) I feel that it will be hard to make three unique variations for each character in the roster. Maybe I'm not creative, but it seems much more difficult for the cast of fighters in Injustice 2.

P.S. NRS up your background music game. I couldn't stand the Injustice music.

KCJ506

Noob
2) I feel that it will be hard to make three unique variations for each character in the roster. Maybe I'm not creative, but it seems much more difficult for the cast of fighters in Injustice 2.
I'm indifferent towards variations, but if they do bring them back, it doesn't have to be three of them. They can simply reduce them down to two. Like Deathstroke having a gun style and sword style or Wonder Woman having a Lasso Of Truth style and a sword and shield style. I honestly think that would be more interesting those mixing them up in a single playstyle.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Street Fighter V is a massive failure or the V-Skill system? 'Cause I don't feel either of those is true.
Their new mechanic(v-skill/v-trigger) failed to sell copies of game. They were expecting 2 million copies sold by the end of march, by the end of April they managed to sell 1.4m copies(including digital).

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I feel that it will be hard to make three unique variations for each character in the roster. Maybe I'm not creative, but it seems much more difficult for the cast of fighters in Injustice 2..
Most of DC characters have been around for 50-75 years, it really isn't that difficult to give them 3 variations. The purpose variations is to offer different play styles while keeping the classic style as well. Not many people care about balance and tiers, 90% of people don't even know what tiers are.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I like how everyone complained about batman and superman getting all the costumes rather than the other characters in the last game but now they want 3 seperate supermans and batmans with variations?

Please no

Bane was my favorite comic villian of all time, and the way NRS brought him to life in Injustice and the way they gave his specials a sense of power like nothing else instantly made him my favorite fighting game character ever too. NRS now has the opportunity to bring in new heros and villians we all love to life in a way that only a fighting game can. Even with how perfectly they captured the essence of Bane in the first game, I would rather take Bane, Clayface, and Swampthing over 3 Banes any day. Any resources and time that would be wasted on variations is better off being reallocated towards new characters all together.

Last edited:

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Mhh. Injustice is fun but I can't take it serious.. Something to play in the spare time..I'll catch it on sale . Looking forward to the story tho

Wetdoba

All too easy...
are you sure it was the v system and not that the game was incomplete at launch and the servers were trash?
Yeah its not the vskill and vtriggers, its the lack of all content/characters, shitty online, dumbed down footsies, and lack of any viable playstyles outside of constant rushdown

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Nice to see things are in motion. I do hope NRS takes some the suggestions from the previous game and implements them here (Better walk speeds etc etc) and the game will be pretty solid. Ofcourse the characters will be completely jacked up and make no sense at all but having decent mobility, proper anti-airs and so on will really help keep the game grounded.

E

Eldriken

Their new mechanic(v-skill/v-trigger) failed to sell copies of game. They were expecting 2 million copies sold by the end of march, by the end of April they managed to sell 1.4m copies(including digital).
I don't think being 600k short of their projected sales is considered a "massive failure". A massive failure would be projecting 2M sales and selling like 100k-500k. They reached almost 75% of their projected sales goal.

Also, I don't think the V-Skill/Trigger system was supposed to sell people on the game. It obviously adds an extra layer to the meta, but I'd say Street Fighter V was hoping to sell off of its name and success (as of late) more than anything.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
The main things I'm looking for this time around:

- Better music
- Better announcer
- Faster walk speed
- More costume options for less popular characters
- Toned down interactables (MKX did this perfectly imo)
- Change to a round system
- Less Batman characters
- Good online from the beginning

Let's get this hype train rolling!

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I'm indifferent towards variations, but if they do bring them back, it doesn't have to be three of them. They can simply reduce them down to two. Like Deathstroke having a gun style and sword style or Wonder Woman having a Lasso Of Truth style and a sword and shield style. I honestly think that would be more interesting those mixing them up in a single playstyle.

Hand guns should be universal for deathstroke. They can base his 3 variations on.

1. Broad sword and rifle( similar to injustice 1)

2. Staff variation( he can shoot energy blasts from staff in addition to Melee)

3. Dual katanas

For Wonder Woman, lasso and physical moves such as Amazonian smash, Amazonian uppercut and straight smash should be universal.

Variations

1. Bullets and bracelets

This variation gives Diana access to parry/reflect, love guns and various weapons she can summon from her bracelets. Also the bracelet shockwave thing from movie.

Take a look at this link to see how these weapons work
http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/wonder-womans-weaponry.html

2. Archaic

In this variation Diana has sword around her waist and shield on her back. She uses shield and sword when special move or combo string requires her to. Similar to kotal kahn's giant sword, Bo rai cho's cane and scorpion's ninjutsu swords.

3. Cuffs off

In this variation Diana is not wearing her bracelets, her skin is glowing with blue energy and her lasso is on fire. This variation gives Diana more rushdown and combo options. She can wrap her lasso around her fist smash the ground to cause fire explosion and whip the ground to set it on fire.

Last edited:

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
are you sure it was the v system and not that the game was incomplete at launch and the servers were trash?
The job of v-system was to differentiate SFV from SFIV, which is something it failed to do. SFV is pretty much similar to SFIV. You can say it is SFV is SFIV with smaller roster and somewhat tweaked moveset and frame data.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I don't think being 600k short of their projected sales is considered a "massive failure". A massive failure would be projecting 2M sales and selling like 100k-500k. They reached almost 75% of their projected sales goal.

Also, I don't think the V-Skill/Trigger system was supposed to sell people on the game. It obviously adds an extra layer to the meta, but I'd say Street Fighter V was hoping to sell off of its name and success (as of late) more than anything.
IDK man, 30% short of projected sales is pretty big deal. They reached 1.4 million month after the end of their fiscal year.

Ono was presenting V-System as SFV's identity, something which will differentiate from previous games. It clearly didn't do the job it was meant to, I mean most of people see SFV as SFIV with smaller roster and sloths tweaked moveset and frame data.

Status
Not open for further replies.