What's new

TYM's Hot Topic of the Week: Do we ban Scorpion from tournament play?

Should Scorpion be banned from tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Alright I'm curious, what EXACTLY is the metagame that Scorpion is so called disrupting so badly that we cant wade in the waters a bit?

I dont even play scorpion I'm just curious

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
My point is you're using an argument that "he fucks up the metagame", when characters like this have existed in the past, but never got banned.

Right, but in the context of Injustice and the way the variables are within the game itself such as walk speed, and the use of 3rd party "attacks" (Interactables) Scorpion is able to do what he wants pretty much when he wants at all times while punishing you for it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't understand why using one broken character to justify another is a reason to not ban tho. I am saying that with all due respect.

Honestly, in my own personal opinion, the game is currently boring because of the interactables. If we ever got those disabled it would be a LOT more hype. Meter would be much more important too. Alas, that's a different topic and judging by the poll I created a week or so ago, the community still seems to favour them.
Check sig

95% of interactables are fine

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
But is 2 weeks notice really fair for guys like PL who are devoting time to the character?
No, it's not. I just don't think it's right to ban a character until they are showing true domination in tournaments either. There might be a ton of evidence pointing to Scorpion being totally busted, but it just seems very premature to me.

Honesty in the end I think it won't be fair to some group of people. Whether or not he gets banned now, later, or never, there will be groups of people unhappy with whatever decision is made. Shitty time to release Scorpion imo.

Zoidberg747

I think in my own opinion, that in time the interactables will not be a part of tournament game play. That's just my own opinion, and lord knows it's probably the wrong one lol
Im just saying, people think the interactables screw certain MUs. But banning them would screw way more MUs.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
No, it's not. I just don't think it's right to ban a character until they are showing true domination in tournaments either. There might be a ton of evidence pointing to Scorpion being totally busted, but it just seems very premature to me.

Honesty in the end I think it won't be fair to some group of people. Whether or not he gets banned now, later, or never, there will be groups of people unhappy with whatever decision is made. Shitty time to release Scorpion imo.

True dat.

That's my only problem with a post CEO ban. If Scorpion goes ham on CEO I don't think there is anything we can do tournament wise until after EVO. Wizard isn't going to want to ban a character with 2 weeks notice.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
This is the only solution. Don't just ban scorpion, remove him from the game and replace him with Subzero. Everyone knows how trash that character is. No one would dare complain about that ice clone.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
If foxy is able to beat REO & PL scorpion with no problems using Wonder Woman that means the rest of you need to level up and learn the match faster. All this crying is point less and the thread should be closed since TYM mods love to close shit!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Right, but in the context of Injustice and the way the variables are within the game itself such as walk speed, and the use of 3rd party "attacks" (Interactables) Scorpion is able to do what he wants pretty much when he wants at all times while punishing you for it.
Is he? Is that a fact after 2 weeks of him being available?

Everyone is thinking everything is law, and there is no answer now and never will be.

But is 2 weeks notice really fair for guys like PL who are devoting time to the character?

At this point there are clear warning signs Scorpion could be banned. PL and Reo, arguably the two biggest contenders to win shit with Scorpion, both know about the uproar against the character. If they choose to devote all their time to Scorpion up until 2 weeks prior to the tournament knowing he could be banned, that's their prerogative.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Is he? Is that a fact after 2 weeks of him being available?

Everyone is thinking everything is law, and there is no answer now and never will be.

Bans can be lifted.

Play PL on mess hall and tell me that Scorpion doesn't break the rules of the game.

The fact of the matter is, in this game AA's are considered an extreme advantage if your character possesses them. J1'ing Scorpion is risky as hell, and only about 5 characters possess something grounded to knock him out of the air. I just don't want to see the game turn into Aquaman vs Scorpion.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If foxy is able to beat REO & PL scorpion with no problems using Wonder Woman that means the rest of you need to level up and learn the match faster. All this crying is point less and the thread should be closed since TYM mods love to close shit!

WW is one of about 5 characters that can stop his jump shenanigans on the ground.

Zenrot

Noob
Interactables do change certain MU's, thats why instead of worrying about an interactable ban we need to find a fair method of stage select.

On the topic of Scorpion, he WILL be at EVO at this point, the time between CEO and EVO is too tight to decide that Scorpion is not allowed, potentially screwing any competitor who is learning the character and the thread seems pretty sold on the idea that CEO should be the measuring stick for Scorpion's future. That being said, I do feel he needs to go, not only does he operate outside the engine's rules with the teleport, he also completely devalues any interactable from the opponent while retaining the ability to still use interactables he wants to. If a single player on a soccer team was permitted to use his hands to play and nobody else was, would that necessarily make him the best player on the field? No. Does it give him a blatantly unfair advantage that violates the rules every other player is bound by? Yes.

Zoidberg747

Bans can be lifted.

Play PL on mess hall and tell me that Scorpion doesn't break the rules of the game.

The fact of the matter is, in this game AA's are considered an extreme advantage if your character possesses them. J1'ing Scorpion is risky as hell, and only about 5 characters possess something grounded to knock him out of the air. I just don't want to see the game turn into Aquaman vs Scorpion.
This is false. Way more than 5 characters have AA's

Aqua-D2
Catwoman- Anti Air whip
Raven- Soul crush/singularity
Batgirl- Flying Bat
GA- Up arrow
Scorpion- Tele, lol
Deathstroke- Blade rush
HG- Evade into whatever

My next project is going to be finding a reliable AA for every character in the game(might not be, but I highly doubt people have actually been looking)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I just don't want to see the game turn into Aquaman vs Scorpion.
Then ban him if that does happen. Yes, if it gets to that point, chances people are being turned away as a result. But this discussion is turning people away, anyway, likely all the same people.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This is false. Way more than 5 characters have AA's

Aqua-D2
Catwoman- Anti Air whip
Raven- Soul crush/singularity
Batgirl- Flying Bat
GA- Up arrow
Scorpion- Tele, lol
Deathstroke- Blade rush
HG- Evade into whatever

My next project is going to be finding a reliable AA for every character in the game(might not be, but I highly doubt people have actually been looking)

Half of those will not be useful due to start up. They are not viable AA's for the matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.