What's new

TYM, please sign this petition to close Best Buy during the coronavirus outbreak. I need your help.

portent

Noob
Signed, but before you judge, keep in mind some people are entirely reliant on their PC's being operational to:

1. Work from home (I cannot fix my own PC, but during this time, I'll be working from home)
  2. Rely on their pc's for information regarding coronavirus, and school for their children.
Again, just don't judge. Signed.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Are people really bringing in their computers to get fixed right now? Lmao.
Mostly iPhones, some computers. I did a rush repair for a doctor on my last day of work. Apple closed ALL their stores like 4 days ago. Since Best Buy is the only Apple-authorized repair place, everybody came to Best Buy for repairs. Best Buy is a petri dish. Not sure how it is today though.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Signed, but before you judge, keep in mind some people are entirely reliant on their PC's being operational to:

1. Work from home (I cannot fix my own PC, but during this time, I'll be working from home)
  2. Rely on their pc's for information regarding coronavirus, and school for their children.
Again, just don't judge. Signed.
Those are completely valid points! Let me know if you need some remote PC repair lol. We are sold out of monitors and cheap laptops because people will be working from home. Those are indeed essential for some. With that said, Best Buy stores still don't require full staffing capacity to operate right now anyway.

I used to joke about wearing a hazmat suit when fixing computers... oh boy lol

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Mostly iPhones, some computers. I did a rush repair for a doctor on my last day of work. Apple closed ALL their stores like 4 days ago. Since Best Buy is the only Apple-authorized repair place, everybody came to Best Buy for repairs. Best Buy is a petri dish. Not sure how it is today though.
No shit. At least you helped a doctor out. I’m looking into getting a CDL soon so I can help out and keep working when shit like this happens. The importance of delivery systems and supply chains has never been more apparent to me.

I’m an auto mechanic and I get into the nastiest cars you can imagine. The virus is just another reason to wash your arms. My boss basically said we’re not closing until the government says so but he’s not making us stay if we don’t want. If the appointments tank like I expect them to then I’m not going to go sit there for free. I don’t want quarantine either, I’d rather be doing something.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
No shit. At least you helped a doctor out. I’m looking into getting a CDL soon so I can help out and keep working when shit like this happens. The importance of delivery systems and supply chains has never been more apparent to me.

I’m an auto mechanic and I get into the nastiest cars you can imagine. The virus is just another reason to wash your arms. My boss basically said we’re not closing until the government says so but he’s not making us stay if we don’t want. If the appointments tank like I expect them to then I’m not going to go sit there for free. I don’t want quarantine either, I’d rather be doing something.
Stay safe!

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Not sure how much this helped, but thank you to everyone who signed! My job is officially closed until 4/2. Stay safe, everyone.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Not sure how much this helped, but thank you to everyone who signed! My job is officially closed until 4/2. Stay safe, everyone.
These dates are crazy imo.. That means they're scheduled to reopen in the middle of the pandemic when things will undoubtedly be significantly worse than they are today. Nuts.

I've seen several situations (in multiple countries) where things are postponed like a week, or two weeks.. It just makes it seem like people haven't gotten the message about how big a deal this is.

Anyway, stay safe please!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Are people really bringing in their computers to get fixed right now? Lmao.
I'm not trying to support anyone having to work at a place like Best Buy right now, but you do understand that nearly everyone who is able to, is working from home right now, don't you? That would be the only valid reason to bring your PC in for repairs. People have bills to pay. Those aren't stopping. The world has NEVER been more reliant on computers than they are right now. Many don't have the know-how to repair/diagnose anything themselves.

I work for a major internet service provider on the construction end and we are considered an essential utility. I'm not happy about having to go to work as normal every day, but I definitely understand it. Our internet, again, has never been more important to our customers than it is now.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
My best buy is literally doing something interesting and I have a personal friend I used to work with at target, who now works at BB. They're working but not allowing people in, only mailing stuff locally via orders online and doing door service. Where people wait outside 6 feet apart, your turn is up you tell them what you want and they get it for you, you pay them at the door. They may even have someone with sanitizer before handling their ccs and money.

Actually pretty smart, they keep their jobs, keep safe and keep customers happy. I know the last one isn't important now but my friend who works for bb admits she's relieved they're not letting people in the store but also that she still has a job with extra pay for the time being as well.

I'm sorry your bb is letting folks in though, sometimes CEOs care more about business than safety unfortunately. It's like that here with liquor stores they're all smaller, closed in yet remain open...everything else is closed just about to the public except for grocery stores, medical and pharmacies.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm hoping we're all safe to go back to normal by 4/2 but we'll see.
Yeah watched a few different interviews one on the Ben Shapiro show on yt he had this doctor on who estimates the quarantine, self prison life should end around June or july... hes hopeful by August for sure. Only been a few weeks of this and already feels like forever. I understand the reasoning, I just hope people can cope without losing their minds in the mean time. Know what i mean? Someone actually stole a guys tires overnight few days ago during all this...near me. :eek: