What's new

TYM Kommunity Project: An Open Letter to NRS Concerning Netplay

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
I have to agree that doing so at ESL would have been way better. Can't argue against that. But can't go back in time now.

I have to admit they have some balls, having online cups for ESL, with such a netcode.

NRS is most likely laughing all the way to the bank.
They gave up money to make it happen the 100 k was money that could have been profits for them, I am unsure where you are saying they made money because I am sure the profits made off of the stream went to the ESL team not NRS, if anything it was only for the players but I could be misinformed

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
I ask you this...

Who would you rather help out? The little bitch kid that's throwing a hissy fit b/c he can't go get ice cream or the kid that asks nice and politely to go get some ice cream?

Sure as fuck ain't gonna be the first one.

All running around screaming like an idiot is gonna do is make you look like said idiot.
Well easy analogy.

I can quote @WidowPuppy and turn this around too :

If some bully tries take your lunch money everyday and you do nothing about it, you're gonna be pretty hungry. If you unexpectedly punch that motherfucker in the jaw so hard with all of your might breaking that shit in the process, then he's not gonna try that shit again with you. He might not even try that shit again with anyone.

See ?

Last edited:

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
They gave up money to make it happen the 100 k was money that could have been profits for them, I am unsure where you are saying they made money because I am sure the profits made off of the stream went to the ESL team not NRS, if anything it was only for the players but I could be misinformed
Not talking about ESL money :) talking about MKX money here

First time hearing about this. I don't know how good the chant will do. Maybe it will deter others from buying the game, or future NRS games. The online issues are frustrating. I don't know why they would make a game with strict input commands and poor online? I'm going to fire up TTT2 and SC5 to test the online. I know KI has damn good online, probably the best I've experienced ever. NRS has to do better. Maybe someone at NRS is checking this thread out and taking notice.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
First time hearing about this. I don't know how good the chant will do. Maybe it will deter others from buying the game, or future NRS games. The online issues are frustrating. I don't know why they would make a game with strict input commands and poor online? I'm going to fire up TTT2 and SC5 to test the online. I know KI has damn good online, probably the best I've experienced ever. NRS has to do better. Maybe someone at NRS is checking this thread out and taking notice.
TTT2 and SC5 both have INCREDIBLE online....especially SC5, which is several years old at this point. KI is about as perfect as it gets and pretty much feels offline.

In the year 2015, with the amount of revenue NRS/WB receives from a game like MKX, it's fucking unforgivable to release a game with online this shitty considering the resources they have available to them. I pretty much don't bother playing online anymore because it's that frustrating. And that sucks because I have absolutely no one to play locally, except for a few friends who really don't care to put any time into actually learning the game.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I just want to be able to combo when I do a run cancel with raiden so that they can't block because of a frame delay and I won't get punished for having the correct muscle memory...

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I can literally list names of people who would've gladly downloaded DLC and renewed their PS+ had NRS created a good quality online gaming mechanism

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I can literally list names of people who would've gladly downloaded DLC and renewed their PS+ had NRS created a good quality online gaming mechanism
Two out of the fifteen non diehard MK fans on my Xbone friends list that purchased MKX still play... occasionally. All fifteen of these people were super hyped about this game and thirteen dropped it within one week due to the input delay online where the game is literally BROKEN/unplayable.

They have not purchased any of the DLC that they were excited to buy like Pred and Jason. Of course I purchased premium on both systems. First on Xbone, then on PS4 hoping it was better online. Found out the hard way it was not any better.

Would of bought it anyway [Just like NRS wants], I'm an MK fan. Besides, I'm used to not being able to actually play NRS games. I just live in the lab and once or twice a month get to play offline with a couple friends.

portent

Noob
Playing devil's advocate here. Why not start a chant at EVO? We are paying customers who were promised an all inclusive online experience with the faction wars. That would have been great if the netcode was actually good and the fights online could actually mean something. Instead we get the same old NRS garbage that's even worse than MK9, borderline MKDC bad.

NRS put us all on blast by giving us a barely functional component of their game, which was touted as a main integral part of the overall scope of the game, and then said that they're slaving to make the experience the best they can. People have already shown in links in this thread that netcode can be changed after the game has dropped. So, why not chant at EVO? Why not put NRS on blast on the biggest stage and let them feel like the fools the took us all for when they accepted our money for a clearly non-functional game component.

All that said, I'm not saying a chant at EVO is a good or bad idea. It would get their attention, that's for sure! I think the best thing to do is for someone going to EVO to print out all the comments about MKX's netcode from this and the other threads and hand it Boon himself. If he's not there, give it to any NRS representative.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Drop the chant thing guys. Its not gonna happen.

If anything this should be made and next major be given to an NRS employee, or even better a designated community person could interview one of the devs. But the chant thing is and should be off the table(for EVO at least).

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
These guys say they want a better netcode but bitch out when they hear they might have to make NRS look bad to do it.

We ain't fuckin making em look bad, they are making them look bad, we just trying to get people to look AT THEM so they will have motivation to fix it.

Pulling their support from TYM (assuming this could possibly be more non-existent) doesn't fix bad PR. Pulling out of events doesn't fix their bad PR. Fixing the netcode fixes the bad PR. Trying to squash their own competitive scene doesn't fix their bad PR, it just hurts their wallets even further.

People gotta stop worrying about WB / NRS getting mad at us like they gonna punish us for being bad kid or some shit. WB is billionaires, they aren't in the business of making friends, they are in the business of making money, fixing the bad PR makes money, cutting your cash flow off at the wrists just cause they're "bitter" does not.

This thread will get absolutely no results towards the netcode. There is already threads about people saying they want it fixed. Wrapping it up in a polite little parcel for them isnt any more motivating financially then doing it the other way, probably even less so.

It just shows them what a bunch of bitches this community actually is and how WILLING we actually are to do absolutely nothing. If they DO read these forums, they now officially know beyond any shadow of a doubt, they never have to worry about us causing any bad PR for them bout the netcode because we are too scared of losing their "friendship", thus, the netcode will never be anything but the cheapest thing that let's them write "multiplayer online!" on the back of the case.
This :upost is GOLD. People need to read this, step out of the matrix and welcome the real world.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I really don't think it's that bad. About the same as SCV. And games like VF are basically all gameplay with no other extras. Besides if NRS hasn't figured out by now the community is upset at the netcode their mind is out to lunch lol

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I really don't think it's that bad. About the same as SCV. And games like VF are basically all gameplay with no other extras. Besides if NRS hasn't figured out by now the community is upset at the netcode their mind is out to lunch lol
Imho there is a world of difference between MKX and SCV, I played it for years even against Americans and it was more than ok, between European it was almost flawless.
I could do just guards online on SCV, on MKX I can't block overhead low strings, or punish anything. Can't compare

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Imho there is a world of difference between MKX and SCV, I played it for years even against Americans and it was more than ok, between European it was almost flawless.
I could do just guards online on SCV, on MKX I can't block overhead low strings, or punish anything. Can't compare
3 bars or more and JG is so free.