What's new

TYM King Of The Hill Weekly Matches! (PS4)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I wanna try, but Scorpions make me flip my shit. I have no idea what to do against him as Kano, except D1 into kano ball lmao. And a ton of lumbar checks, but then they get scared and run away to teleport.
Any combination of f3, f43, b4, 22 1+3 amp, f2-lumbar... rack off to parry wakeups... Kano ball immediately after blocking a spear... knives when I’m too far away... constantly move forward with f3 that’s pretty much my game plan, lol. Mix ‘em up and keep ‘em guessing between overheads and lows. I actually only use lumbar check after f2, ever. It’s the only time I can land it with any consistency. First I had to learn his strings, and then learn the opponent and when they tend to teleport. Then still get hit anyway, and use breakaways... lol.

I do best when I stay close (using f3 to get in), and keep pressure in the corner, without giving them a chance. What messes me up the most is the jumpers though. Every time.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
So I was watching my losses against Oaks a few days ago and I lost a good amount of my health from jumping. Wondering how he'll win if I stay grounded because you can't go higher tier than Sonya bruh lol just jk but looking at my losses is really hard for me to do but I'm glad I did it.

DDustiNN

So I was watching my losses against Oaks a few days ago and I lost a good amount of my health from jumping. Wondering how he'll win if I stay grounded because you can't go higher tier than Sonya bruh lol just jk but looking at my losses is really hard for me to do but I'm glad I did it.
That’s one of the best ways to learn! I used to be jump-happy too. Now I stay grounded more, but my biggest downfalls are yolo Kanoball and Shadow Kicks. Immediately after the input, I yell “WHY WOULD I DO THAT?!”

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
That’s one of the best ways to learn! I used to be jump-happy too. Now I stay grounded more, but my biggest downfalls are yolo Kanoball and Shadow Kicks. Immediately after the input, I yell “WHY WOULD I DO THAT?!”
Yeah, that's a reason why I try not to have my mic on during KOTHs, since that'd be me a lot of the time. Mainly after I end a blocked string with Nutpunch or Nutkick.

DDustiNN

Yeah, that's a reason why I try not to have my mic on during KOTHs, since that'd be me a lot of the time. Mainly after I end a blocked string with Nutpunch or Nutkick.
Oh and I also have a very bad habit of blocking strings by following the actual movements with my eyes and thumbs. So I’ll watch an overhead come up and down, and my thumb follows the exact movement right along with it............ leading to me eating the overhead and yelling at myself since I knew it was coming, and accurately watched it and everything. This happens to me a lot against Scorpion’s damn sword attacks.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Mind if I ask what you struggle with vs Sonya? The mix comes after a high, you can poke or d2 kb b1. EVERYTHING else is a low that she gets average damage from. Her zoning is pretty good, but ducking, walking, and blocking works pretty well, the stages arent that long in this game. Im not saying shes not a great character and probably top 3-5, but I could help you guys understand the MU a bit better. Shes pretty upplayed tbh, but maybe Im downplaying.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Mind if I ask what you struggle with vs Sonya? The mix comes after a high, you can poke or d2 kb b1. EVERYTHING else is a low that she gets average damage from. Her zoning is pretty good, but ducking, walking, and blocking works pretty well, the stages arent that long in this game. Im not saying shes not a great character and probably top 3-5, but I could help you guys understand the MU a bit better. Shes pretty upplayed tbh, but maybe Im downplaying.
Not sure if you're replying to me, but I was mostly just messing around. I need to lab characters more than I do. That's kind of the boring part of fighting games to me, but I know it's a must if anyone wants to play at a high level. I labbed Sonya for like 10 minutes one time then got bored lol

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Not sure if you're replying to me, but I was mostly just messing around. I need to lab characters more than I do. That's kind of the boring part of fighting games to me, but I know it's a must if anyone wants to play at a high level. I labbed Sonya for like 10 minutes one time then got bored lol
Not directly to you, but in general to the group. :)

Ggs. I only learned Next Gen to be a hippie. Dvorah stopped giving me my hippie fix.

E

Eldriken

Shiiiiit. Is the KotH still up? I want to avoid Kombat League right now. >.>

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Haha, you were perfectly fine man! GGs, you should come join us more often :)
I second this! And sun fire I think? I always forget their name on here, but those were some GGs.

ggs everyone! That was fun stuff.
We still haven't done the Erron v Erron match XD I keep forgetting. I need to lab him a bit and we can go ham on those F4s.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
GTFO of here you downplayer! She's top 2, no doubt, in the game (and that's me being generous to the downplayers out there :p). Why, you ask? Well, let's run it down:

• Top 3 damaging combos (probably higher, but I know baraka and geras have some big boy damage too)
  • Arguably best zoner (top 3 for sure) and can outzone even characters built to stop zoning with a kb attached to it that does 240 damage (as much as some characters bnbs lmao)
and just to add a cherry on top
- Near 500 damage fatal blow combo meaning, she's literally never out of a round/match

Basically a hyper rushdown character with ridiculous damage can ALSO force you to come to her which should be a big no no for a character that's so good when they're in your face. That's called not having any weaknesses. As much as I hate jacqui, that's how you need to do a rushdown character. They should have to work to get in, not, you work to get in and then be outclassed there as well. That's just herp levels of derp.

And that's without even mentioning the 50/50, but I omitted that due to what I'm about to say:

HOWEVER,
It's absolutely not all on the character and her tools. The absolute biggest reason why I, myself (not sure about anyone else), struggle with the matchup isn't really any of that. It's I don't know what her strings actually look like, so I never know when she's going overhead or low. All I know is what B1 looks like and I know the overhead can come after that. Then there's a bunch of kicking strings that I don't know the properties of so don't know where they will hit. Basically I just try to fuzzy and hope for the best. Aka, I need to lab like @sub_on_dubs was saying. I just hate labbing lmao

I second this! And sun fire I think? I always forget their name on here, but those were some GGs.
Think their name is @EMPRESS_SunFire . Could be wrong tho.

Either way, their Jade/Skarlet are so good. They get me hot.

Last edited: