What's new

TYM DotA 2 Discussion & Leave your SteamID in this thread!

haketh

Noob
Also with Chen's aghs buff you can only have one of each Acient, not multiples. So 1 Golem, 1 Dino, 1 Drag.

I won't be home this weekend. But I'll see if I can possibly do something Sunday night. I'll PM you.

Oh, OK. So being behind now isn't a death sentence that requires the Gods to be by your side to make a come back. I can dig that.

DotA is considered to have more depth and is more rewarding to the better player / team.

But it all comes down to preference in the end. Like for example, I dislike League for the cartoony and anime like style above anything else.
Dota does indeed have more depth. People sometimes see that as a bad thing, but as you said it's a matter of preference. Blaze Blu has a ton of depth but isn't as popular as some of the other fighters.

Killusion

Stream addict
Haven't played after Techies came out, looks like it's time to go back soon. Super happy to see Clinkz buffed, and several fun and new Aghanim's Scepter effects. Not sure how I feel about the rune changes yet.

REO

Undead
Patch has been released!

I got to play a few games with @Big D today.

What is everyone's first impressions so far?

Because of the comeback mechanics and tower/fortify buffs games take longer to finish (this isn't a bad thing). Roshan isn't free to dire which is nice. Bloodseekers seems a lot better, and Riki getting invis at level 1 can be a real pain in the ass (though we did beat his team in the game I had against him).

I love the change the runes, the map is much more active during the laning phase.

Something really funny I saw on youtube post patch is aghs Chen and Aghs lich combo. Chen grabs a couple of spell damage immune neutral creeps and lich ults them for neutral creep roaming lich ult.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
The new bloodseeker is absolutely godlike support now.His nuke is just so good and provides so much utility. No chance he makes it into CM with the current build, lol. More juke spots on the map is always good, and the streak gold change was a very nice change.

I also am a fan of the tower changes (glyph, gold change, tp scroll price change). Overall I am really liking this patch. If anyone wants to play tonight then add me! My steam is aziz321 (shows as Wll smiff). Currently 3700 mmr I think. Somewhere around there, it fluctuates.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I take back my intial impression. The new bounty system has really messed this game up for me. Hopefully it gets tweaked a bit. Right now it the winning team can't take any risks because of this new mechanic. I like everything else though. 4 core meta FTL