What's new

TYM Community Poll: Which Classic Mortal Kombat "Arcade Cabinet" Had the Best Artwork?

Which Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet had the best artwork?

• Mortal Kombat I

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Mortal Kombat II

Votes: 47 66.2%
  • Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Mortal Kombat 4

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Following up from our ClassicMK twitter tweet from yesterday, we're taking the question to everyone in the forums to see how the majority rules. It's a simple and nostalgic question and answer? The question is, "Which Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet had the best artwork?"

Vote & Reply w/ some feedback and nostalgic memories!

Mortal Kombat I
MK1 cab.jpg

Mortal Kombat II
mk2a.jpg

Ultimate Mortal Kombat III
umk3a.jpg

Mortal Kombat 4
mk4a.jpg

Vote!

Zmoke

= zσмвιє ѕмσкє, тнє cυяяєηт ѕтαтυѕ σƒ тσм νявα∂αѕѕ
Funny how there's an MKII plate in the MK1 cabinet. I vote for the penultimate Mortal Kombat 3 cabinet: it's got a lot of detail and dark colors.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This is the feel I always got from seeing the cabinets when I did:

MK1: "Gotta make this game look as real as it gets, don't put the undead ninja spectre, female stretch armstrong or the crack fiend in a rice hat on the sides"

MK2: "Oh they dig Carlos? Sweet. Try me in 1 player, it'll be fun"

MK3: "Well guys, Cage, Scorpion, Raiden, Kitana and Reptile aren't in this game for bizarre reasons we don't wanna disclose so here's this lousy screaming, levitating GILF instead."

UMK3: ...its the same with the banner replaced but I've never seen one in the real so..

MK4: "Gettin with tha times in visuals.. but not gettin with tha times in gameplay.. oh by the way guys, you know all those characters we spent 2 years working on in MK3? yeah, we changed our minds, they suck. Tha smart stuff!"

Satan1

Ice Pirate
-Pssst, he MK1 pic has an (unoffical?) MK2 marquee & the UMK3 pic has a regular MK3 marquee...-

*Best side art: MK1 & MK2
*Best CPO: MK4 has one of the nicest control panel overlays ever seen on a arcade machine imo. (although MK1 comes close)
*Best marquee: MK2 & MK4

If I have to pick, I would go for MK4 because the CPO is the thing you view most while playing.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MK2 definitely. When I think of an MK cabinet I think of Raiden on the side of it.