What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Two Hi-Res MKX Scorpion Images

Definitely don't see them looking as action figures in MK 9 lol, now the 3D MK's they definitely looked cartoony no doubt but not MK 9 no way...far too gritty but this looks even more gritty which is always good with MK.
I don't mind a gritty ambience, just as long as the game looks vivid. MK9 looked as if it lacked saturation in color on the models and some sort of brightness filter was turned up, giving it that dry, gritty look. I really don't want to see Gears of War 1 visuals for MK9's successor.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't mind a gritty ambience, just as long as the game looks vivid. MK9 looked as if it lacked saturation in color on the models and some sort of brightness filter was turned up, giving it that dry, gritty look. I really don't want to see Gears of War 1 visuals for MK9's successor.
Well I think it comes down to gritty or super gritty lol. But doesn't GOW also use a modified version of the UR engine?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Well I think it comes down to gritty or super gritty lol. But doesn't GOW also use a modified version of the UR engine?
I honestly think it is the natural direction for MK to go now. I really absolutely like this new look for Scorpion. Even though his redux in IGAU was a nice change up it doesn't fit the MK universe.

Decay

King of the Bill
scorpion looks great. I really hope the in-game models look relatively close. The only way to achieve that detail in-game is to make it next gen only though

MKF30

I honestly think it is the natural direction for MK to go now. I really absolutely like this new look for Scorpion. Even though his redux in IGAU was a nice change up it doesn't fit the MK universe.
Some characters IMO are just hard to fuck up, Scorpion falls in that category. I mean even his Injustice look was pretty boss(and compared to everyone else he looked out of place cause of his dark he looked lol) but that's Jim Lee for ya, he has a 90's style about him but I'm fine with that. I love his rebooted looks of the JL so I'm cool with that.

The MK X design reminds me of Injustice's look but even BETTER and more gritty looking, Scorp's mask is damaged, chipped etc the detail is just off the wall awesome imo.

I love how MK just gets darker and darker as time goes on as it should. I mean hell even in the early 90's it was VERY dark for that time period, nobody else was even thinking along the same mindset as Midway guys now known as NRS.

But doesn't GOW also use a modified version of the UR engine?
Well I'm not a gameplay programmer, so I couldn't really tell you. But I'd imagine a lot of coding went into UnrealScript to set up a 3rd person camera. Of course since Epic Games developed the engine and also made GOW, I'm not sure that could be referred to as modding, since the engine was developed in-house. It was most likely built with GOW in mind too.

MKF30

Well I'm not a gameplay programmer, so I couldn't really tell you. But I'd imagine a lot of coding went into UnrealScript to set up a 3rd person camera. Of course since Epic Games developed the engine and also made GOW, I'm not sure that could be referred to as modding, since the engine was developed in-house. It was most likely built with GOW in mind too.
That's fine neither am I lol I just seem to remember reading that Gears uses a modified UR engine if I'm not mistaken, I've noticed that engine in general is great for darker, grittier games be it UR, GOW or MK in this case. But yeah when I said modified I mean legitamately no doubt lol.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I love the hood and mask, hate the ridiculous amount of buckled straps he has.

That shit is too much. He looks like an old timey ninja assassin and not a demon wraith assassin.

Scorpion hasn't ever really had a costume that I loved.

Sub's design in the trailer is the better of the two IMO.

I still want those damn Cryomancer ice arms to come back though, those things were so cool.