What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Two Hi-Res MKX Scorpion Images

Best version of Scorpion I think I've ever seen. I'm really excited by his design because it seems to suggest a more gritty and grounded artstyle as opposed to the GI Joe action figure designs from MK9. Not that there's a problem with that aesthetic...I just like this direction more. Now if they can just fix the dreaded manface we'll be all good.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Best version of Scorpion I think I've ever seen. I'm really excited by his design because it seems to suggest a more gritty and grounded artstyle as opposed to the GI Joe action figure designs from MK9. Not that there's a problem with that aesthetic...I just like this direction more. Now if they can just fix the dreaded manface we'll be all good.
Agreed.

Love the mask and hood on this one. He looks hard as fuck.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I have to agree that his costume looks more realistic and useable in a real fight. I'm all for exaggeration and stylized costumes, but the costume should also be practical and for the fighter to wear. Unlike MK9 where you had chicks fighting in high heels.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
So I was the only one who thought that MK9 Scorp is the best-looking?

Personally I don't like this look. It somehow reminds me of Akuma's Alt 3 and Assassin's Creed. Too much emphasis on the hood. That should be a Noob thing.

I like Sub-Zero's Navy SEAL look though. Any images of that?

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I like the new Scorp. but I'm ready to see a few other characters than the same two morons we see kill each other in every MK announcement.

Cool pics. On a somewhat related note, I pulled some still frames from the video and it's a sword that Scorpion pulls out there at the end, when he pins Sub Zero's head to the tree. It happened so fast though, that I thought the weapon he used was a spear. Check it out:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As i said before, his Spear Design was updated.
His new sword ressembles a lot his UMK3 close hitting string Axe:

I'm really hoping he gets the whole hand combo with the elbow too lol.

I was thinking, maybe we will have a finish him stance animation this time around, if you look at this part of the animation feels a lot like a gameplay footage:

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Cool pics. On a somewhat related note, I pulled some still frames from the video and it's a sword that Scorpion pulls out there at the end, when he pins Sub Zero's head to the tree. It happened so fast though, that I thought the weapon he used was a spear. Check it out:
Yeah, he carries a sword or two swords. Aren't they the magical swords of some kind? PS here's my new avatar for Skarlet - my brother @PonyLove and I made it last night:

@AK L0rdoftheFLY @RedRaptor10 @Eddy Wang @Skkra you guys might like this too

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Not sure if they're magical but this sword design is definitely different from MK9.
I think the swords he (in some games, at least) has have some backstory to them. Some sort of legendary weapons that are imbued magically to be more awesome.

Error

DF2+R2
I really hate Scorpion, but I dig this new look.

I think the swords he (in some games, at least) has have some backstory to them. Some sort of legendary weapons that are imbued magically to be more awesome.
Isn't that Kenshi?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Definitely don't see them looking as action figures in MK 9 lol, now the 3D MK's they definitely looked cartoony no doubt but not MK 9 no way...far too gritty but this looks even more gritty which is always good with MK.