What's new

TWO(2) KHARACTER REVEALS PER KOMBAT KAST, OR BUST

Thingy

Retired account
Why is everyone acting like the leak that shows complete 3D renders of multiple characters, that line up with their appearance in officially released media, but in brand new outfits and animations, is a sure thing? Is that what you’re asking?
People will go above and beyond to troll "leaks". It could be completely credible. I just take everything pre release with a grain of salt.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ehh, I doubt they'll do it but am curious to see what they say and handle the leaks on the next KK.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
With the entire base roster leaked like amniotic fluid from a 9-month-old sac housing octuplets (and some DLC's near-confirmed), a paltry, measly, meagre, scroogy, single character "reveal" per "Kombat Kast", from here on in, will categorically NOT suffice.

The ploy of keeping the idiots in suspense, by playing mute, that NRS has so far employed, only 'worked' while people were in speculation mode. However, since we are all now privy to what shape the roster will take, a single character showcase per week (perhaps even less -- if mobile et. al takes up time), will not be enough to keep capricious casuals (the primary target demographic of the game -- see: recent and proud announcement of the third trimester, coat hanger abortion of the new "Amplify" inputs scheme) interested in the game for another 53 days -- i.e., for seven(7) or less reveals.

If NRS remain stubborn and reveal only a partial roster before launch, they will run the very real risk of killing hype and, thus, potential $ale$... The latter of which, Warn-a-brother will NOT be happy about /!\

You are the worst. Go away.

I think we will get a trailer just before release that will reveal all characters that weren’t part of Kombat Kast.

And Kombat Kast will continue even after the game releases and will be part of how to play a character.

Mark my words, and mark them well:
THE HYPE WILL DIE IN LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT, IF THEY DO NOT USE THEIR CICENSES TO FEED THE GOB AGAPE PLEBEIANS MORE PANEM /!\

The fact is, the vast majority of people are MORONS -- CAPRICIOUS morons -- DISTRAIT morons -- morons that need SHINY THINGS to seize the attention. The roster has been leaked. There is no more room for coy flirtations. People will become blue-balled at an exponential rate now... And unless their concupiscent need for revelation is released in an ejaculation of character reveals, the interest will soon wilt to floppy flaccidity.

Just don't say I didn't warn you, infidels...

Ceroder

Noob
Mark my words, and mark them well:
THE HYPE WILL DIE IN LESS THAN A FORTNIGHT, IF THEY DO NOT USE THEIR CICENSES TO FEED THE GOB AGAPE PLEBEIANS MORE PANEM /!\
To be honest, they could save their skin by showing a character per stream PROPERLY. Johnny stream proved it, there are abilities they dont show on Kombat Kast, we dont see gears, we dont see the shaders, we dont see stages etc... Even If they just show the gears and a hint to the next character I think people would be a little bit more forgiving to them, but nah, instead we get a character with a barebones introduction...

Do people not like surprises anymore?

Do we need to see every little thing in the game before release? Isn't half the fun all the speculation on what could be?

What's it matter if the full roster isn't (officially) revealed before release? Will it make any difference at the end of the day if you don't get to see all 21 stages or all of Cage's augments and skins before release day?

that need SHINY THINGS to seize the attention.
The more they reveal before release the less shinier it gets, no?

they could save their skin by showing a character per stream PROPERLY. Johnny stream proved it, there are abilities they dont show on Kombat Kast, we dont see gears, we dont see the shaders, we dont see stages etc...
Methinks, a half-arsed showing of two characters would be more likely than in-depth content reveals and char. break-downs.

Reason being, the former formula allows them to still leave a lot for players to discover, while simultaneously wetting their appetites, BUT, without spoiling the main course (*if they show everything a given char. has to offer, and people don't like it, they're screwed -Vs.- if what limited stuff they do show, sucks, they can roll out the "b-b-but there's so much more you've yet to see!" line).

On the other hand, if they were to delve deep into the game's core content, it might risk people actually grinding for it (if they don't like what's on offer, that is) -- for we know they're going place grind walls in front of much of the content -- thereby, potentially, even risking some sales in the process (esp. to the casual demographic).

My underlying point is that, with all the chars. now revealed, what's in effect left are the secrets (nope... won't happen); DLC (categorically will NOT be shown until weeks or months after launch); the highly suppositious 'Shaolin Monks' / 'Fire and Ice' modes (almost guaranteed to be trifles light as farts); and general bric-à-brac content. This leaves them with only one route: staying the course and drip-feeding a character every other week + some superficial gameplay demos and--the part I'm most curious about--keeping schtum regarding the leaks.

(NB: So far, AFAIK, Boon's said nothing with respect to the leaks -- as distinct from some of the patently fake info that came earlier in the piece -- meaning, they do not want to acknowledge them and, thus, that the leaks are almost certainly factual.)

I'm interested to see the next Kast, just to see how that handle the leaks issue... Could make for some cringy, Gervais-esque comedy... ° ͜ʖ͡°