What's new

TWO(2) KHARACTER REVEALS PER KOMBAT KAST, OR BUST

With the entire base roster leaked like amniotic fluid from a 9-month-old sac housing octuplets (and some DLC's near-confirmed), a paltry, measly, meagre, scroogy, single character "reveal" per "Kombat Kast", from here on in, will categorically NOT suffice.

The ploy of keeping the idiots in suspense, by playing mute, that NRS has so far employed, only 'worked' while people were in speculation mode. However, since we are all now privy to what shape the roster will take, a single character showcase per week (perhaps even less -- if mobile et. al takes up time), will not be enough to keep capricious casuals (the primary target demographic of the game -- see: recent and proud announcement of the third trimester, coat hanger abortion of the new "Amplify" inputs scheme) interested in the game for another 53 days -- i.e., for seven(7) or less reveals.

If NRS remain stubborn and reveal only a partial roster before launch, they will run the very real risk of killing hype and, thus, potential $ale$... The latter of which, Warn-a-brother will NOT be happy about /!\

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Wait are you serious?

1. 90% of the buyers of this game, the true casuals, won’t even be coming to places like these forums or the subreddit, they won’t know who is in till official trailers come out and/or they play the game themselves. Just because us comparatively small few saw the roster doesn’t mean they need to trash their entire drip-feed marketing cycle(even if we all want them to).

2. Literally every single NRS game has leaked in some capacity, and they both never acknowledge it or change their marketing plans due to it. Expecting anything else is silly.

That said, yeah this one character a week shit ain’t cutting it for most people, almost no one was satisfied with the last kast, not even the casuals, they’re going way too hard on the secrecy thing and it’s annoying the fan base.

The main problem is they’re condensing their usual marketing cycle into 2-3 months. Doing this type of marketing so close to game release and still pushing for pre-orders is kind of silly.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
They should just show the finished character select screen. A few characters sounds reasonable. Just hire outraged mustard to do a couple 5 minute breakdown videos. Seriously, they are legit.

killing hype and, thus, potential $ale$...
Bullshit.

You heard it here first. MK11 will be the biggest selling MK game...ever.

I don't know who watches the KK's, but i know at least a few casuals that bought MKX solely because it was a new game and looked interesting...and the gore of course. Probably watched a few teaser videos on youtube trending or something. Had no interest in any of the pre-release malarky.

Not saying that no one but the fans watches them, but as far as killing hype - almost everyone on this site is buying the game - no doubt about that. Casuals will buy it because it's the flavour of the month, or because they saw some teaser trailer, or they have a friend that plays...and then they'll move on 2 months later when apex legends season 2 is released.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Personally, I just wanted to know the roster, so I’m good. There’s a magic to selecting your character for the first time and getting to go through all of their moves without already knowing what they look like.

That being said, a story trailer, or character themed trailer here or there would not go amiss.

With the entire base roster leaked like amniotic fluid from a 9-month-old sac housing octuplets (and some DLC's near-confirmed), a paltry, measly, meagre, scroogy, single character "reveal" per "Kombat Kast", from here on in, will categorically NOT suffice.

The ploy of keeping the idiots in suspense, by playing mute, that NRS has so far employed, only 'worked' while people were in speculation mode. However, since we are all now privy to what shape the roster will take, a single character showcase per week (perhaps even less -- if mobile et. al takes up time), will not be enough to keep capricious casuals (the primary target demographic of the game -- see: recent and proud announcement of the third trimester, coat hanger abortion of the new "Amplify" inputs scheme) interested in the game for another 53 days -- i.e., for seven(7) or less reveals.

If NRS remain stubborn and reveal only a partial roster before launch, they will run the very real risk of killing hype and, thus, potential $ale$... The latter of which, Warn-a-brother will NOT be happy about /!\

Contender for post of the year.

You're gonna get your 1 character gameplay stream/trailer and you're gonna sit there and enjoy it.

Thingy

Retired account
It would be nice to get two reveals per cast throughout March and April. But really, I do not give a shit how they reveal...I just want to play this damn game.

And one more thing, why is everyone acting like the leak is a sure thing?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
It would be nice to get two reveals per cast throughout March and April. But really, I do not give a shit how they reveal...I just want to play this damn game.

And one more thing, why is everyone acting like the leak is a sure thing?
Why is everyone acting like the leak that shows complete 3D renders of multiple characters, that line up with their appearance in officially released media, but in brand new outfits and animations, is a sure thing? Is that what you’re asking?

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
They should hurry the fuck up, because if not, we see all models in ugly photo's before they show them, which is cool, but SUPER anti-hype.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
the more things change the more stay the same .... NRS will pretend nothing happened and will conduct KK normally, doing what they are supposed to do .... was this way in MK9 and MKX, so, they will not change their schedule and strategy to promote MK11 .... we are 1% of their target market, while the other 99% part (casual millennials that will buy the game because it's "crazy gore fun and cool to kill time") probably don't even know what happens overall regarding all these leaks :p .... so, no point in demanding anything else from NRS and Ed Boon ! :D

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Two reveals sound fair. Three would be nice.

Also, just confirm Mileena as unlockable and I'll be happy.
I hope they don't, I'd like for her and Shang to be secret unlockables, so we'd have to find the right combination to be able to fight them and then unlock them. That would be freaking dope.

Meh. Getting earlier character reveals doesn't alter the dates when we'll be able to actually play the characters, so it doesn't really matter if we learn about all of them today or learn about all of them when we fire up the game on April 23rd. Since a person could probably count on his hands the number of people who'd actually watch a Kombat Kast but is on the fence about buying the game, changing how they do it won't particularly affect sales.

I don't really see what the big deal either way is. It's nice to get the character reveals and gameplay stuff, but it's not some essential part of anything.