What's new

Tutorials broken?

Scheuerbuerste

"You will die, sister!"
I'm stuck on the raiden one where you have to special cancel twice against kabal I've tried for over an hour but I'm hardstuck , I'm not good/fast enough to pull it off :(
Completed them yesterday, thought that they're broken (even the demo missed LUL) but eventually got through, just needed to practice.
Keep at it and you'll get trough.. Some of them are really tough though but you can do it ;)
It's just practice.. especially the one with Baraka and the low Flawless Block Reversal against Skarlet's kombo string took me a while to figure out the timing.. but I love it so far, maybe the best MK imo.

Roxas_

Noob
Completed them yesterday, thought that they're broken (even the demo missed LUL) but eventually got through, just needed to practice.
Keep at it and you'll get trough.. Some of them are really tough though but you can do it ;)
It's just practice.. especially the one with Baraka and the low Flawless Block Reversal against Skarlet's kombo string took me a while to figure out the timing.. but I love it so far, maybe the best MK imo.

Congrats on doing them, doubt very much I'll be able to get them all done been skipping a couple I can't do and there just too hard for me , pretty discouraged after non stop trying :/

I think the trainee created the tutorials lol. There were even typos like using plural suffixes without referring to multiple attacks :oops:

Scheuerbuerste

"You will die, sister!"
@Roxas_ Hmmm I was at the same point when I started to look into the MK franchise, it can be really frustating to learn or even get the right timing frame perfect.. But don't let it get to you, first just have fun and play modes and charakters you have fun with and then come back later when you're more comfortable with the mechanics of the game :)

Roxas_

Noob
@Roxas_ Hmmm I was at the same point when I started to look into the MK franchise, it can be really frustating to learn or even get the right timing frame perfect.. But don't let it get to you, first just have fun and play modes and charakters you have fun with and then come back later when you're more comfortable with the mechanics of the game :)
It just feels unnecessarily hard (in my opinion) especially if your new or a casual player flawless blocks - double special move cancels and others just feel a little too much for someone not as skilled as me, it sucks massively cause I really badly want the shao khan voice announcer but my skill is paultry :(
I'm glad you've done it though! Go out there and kick some ass online :)

Scheuerbuerste

"You will die, sister!"
@Roxas_ Thanks man :)!

Believe me you'll get better over time and then it's time to destroy this stupid tutorials and you'll get the Shao Khan announcer! Don't put yourself too much under pressure.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I completed it earlier today. It took a few attempts, but I got it.

Some people suggest changing your stance and then doing it.
The Flawless Block ones seem busted, namely the last one. The mechanic itself isn't that consistent I've noticed, but seems the kounter U2 on that tutorial just doesn't work. The FB comes out but Baraka's string pushes you back literally. I think NRS needs to tweak that mechanic so it's more consistent imo.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm stuck on the raiden one where you have to special cancel twice against kabal I've tried for over an hour but I'm hardstuck , I'm not good/fast enough to pull it off :(
I don't remember the details on that one. Can you post the inputs they're asking you to do so I can explain how it should be done?

stokedAF

casual kahnage
They changed cancels to down down instead of forward forward. I know this because I tried kollector tutorial yesterday for 20 minutes lol. They just forgot to fix the text in tutorial mode but it still works.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I've done the Kollector tutorial 3 times after learning the correct cancel, but I still don't have his 'skin.'

I do have Shao Kahn announcer, but not the 'skin.'

Tutorials are still broken.

John Grizzly

B12 special cancel BF1 amplify B4 special cancel BF3
BF1 is Raiden's Lightning projectile, correct? I completed all the tutorials, but I don't remember doing this one. I don't believe you can combo off his amplified Lightning.

As far as special cancelling goes, though.....approach it like this:

Let's say you're doing a string. I'll use Scorpion B1,4,3 for example. If you want to use this string for a special cancel, you cannot input the 3, as that attack of the string is not special cancel-able. However, if you think of the Teleport (D,B3) as PART of the string, it might help. You still push the buttons at the same time, but you're basically telling your brain that the string you're inputting is B1,4,D,B3. It all needs to flow.

John Grizzly

I've done the Kollector tutorial 3 times after learning the correct cancel, but I still don't have his 'skin.'

I do have Shao Kahn announcer, but not the 'skin.'

Tutorials are still broken.
For the Kollector issue - when you hover over his character, are all the boxes checked off? I had a BUNCH of scenarios where I'd complete the tutorial, not get the skin and then look at that character's progress and see one move not checked off. I would simply click on that move, do it again and then it would pop the ITEM UNLOCKED screen.

If you are seeing everything checked, just give it time. This happened with Kotal Kahn, literally the first character I did the tutorial for on day 1. Yesterday I went back in to the tutorial menu and the ITEM UNLOCKED screen came up, telling me I had unlocked the Kotal skin.

John Grizzly

I legit cannot do that part
Are you having trouble with the special cancel of his Mace toss thing?

If so, it's not you - it was everyone. NRS patched out the ability to special dash cancel that, so the inputs on screen are not what you do. You have to hit D,D, not B,B or F,F like the game is telling you to do. You'll get it on your first try if you do it with D,D.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Are you having trouble with the special cancel of his Mace toss thing?

If so, it's not you - it was everyone. NRS patched out the ability to special dash cancel that, so the inputs on screen are not what you do. You have to hit D,D, not B,B or F,F like the game is telling you to do. You'll get it on your first try if you do it with D,D.
Thank you SIR!

Roxas_

Noob
BF1 is Raiden's Lightning projectile, correct? I completed all the tutorials, but I don't remember doing this one. I don't believe you can combo off his amplified Lightning.

As far as special cancelling goes, though.....approach it like this:

Let's say you're doing a string. I'll use Scorpion B1,4,3 for example. If you want to use this string for a special cancel, you cannot input the 3, as that attack of the string is not special cancel-able. However, if you think of the Teleport (D,B3) as PART of the string, it might help. You still push the buttons at the same time, but you're basically telling your brain that the string you're inputting is B1,4,D,B3. It all needs to flow.

I'm just not fast enough at inputting the commands :(

John Grizzly

I'm just not fast enough at inputting the commands :(
It's not something you'll learn overnight. There's a certain rhythm and flow to a lot of fighters. I feel it more than ever with the way Amplify was changed in MK11.

Maybe you should consider trying a Hitbox. It's all button presses for everything, so it might eliminate any issues you're having with the d-pad inputs.

Good luck! Plenty of people around here to help you.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
The Flawless Block ones seem busted, namely the last one. The mechanic itself isn't that consistent I've noticed, but seems the kounter U2 on that tutorial just doesn't work. The FB comes out but Baraka's string pushes you back literally. I think NRS needs to tweak that mechanic so it's more consistent imo.
I did that one last night and it took many attempts. I got the timing on the flawless block down consistently, but adding in the U2 was difficult. I'd hit it, start the animation, but get stuffed. You have to be VERY quick to not only get the block, but input the U2 as fast as possible. Definitely the hardest of the standard tutorials.

kantboy-2

Ripper
For the Kollector issue - when you hover over his character, are all the boxes checked off? I had a BUNCH of scenarios where I'd complete the tutorial, not get the skin and then look at that character's progress and see one move not checked off. I would simply click on that move, do it again and then it would pop the ITEM UNLOCKED screen.

If you are seeing everything checked, just give it time. This happened with Kotal Kahn, literally the first character I did the tutorial for on day 1. Yesterday I went back in to the tutorial menu and the ITEM UNLOCKED screen came up, telling me I had unlocked the Kotal skin.
Did it 2 days ago and since then every time I go into the game, I go to tutorial to see if it validated; nope. Every other character checkmarked, every tutorial gold icon.

Looks like people have similar issues, but with different characters. I hope they get fixed at some point.

Roxas_

Noob
It's not something you'll learn overnight. There's a certain rhythm and flow to a lot of fighters. I feel it more than ever with the way Amplify was changed in MK11.

Maybe you should consider trying a Hitbox. It's all button presses for everything, so it might eliminate any issues you're having with the d-pad inputs.

I swear I just did it but my damage is off by like 17 points lol so not sure

I swear I've just done it but my damage is different.....so I went wrong somewhere .....?

John Grizzly

I swear I just did it but my damage is off by like 17 points lol so not sure

I swear I've just done it but my damage is different.....so I went wrong somewhere .....?
You probably didn't do it fast enough. You may have entered all the inputs, but not quickly enough where it's a true combo.