What's new

~Tutorial~ How to improve your MK gameplay AND never fall sleep..

Adwel

Noob
This is a step by step tutorial on how to enjoy MK more while also increasing your adrenaline TREMENDOUSLY to keep you going late into your gaming nights.

It is a scientific fact that different types of music generate different responses in the mind and in turn the body. Usually, if you know the music, first endorphin's are released in anticipation and then when you hear the parts you know, dopamine is released. Some types of music also increase ADRENALINE. IF you select the proper music to get used to for this effect (like the band I will mention below) you will also gain MUCH MORE ADRENALINE to go with it to increase your response and attack times.

Here are the required steps:

1) Download or purchase as many MINISTRY cd's/mp3's as you can from 1998 through 2008 (it does NOT matter which ones, more the better though and not just one album)
2) Rip them to your Xbox/PS3 HD
3) Play them all on random

This is something I have done since 1998 in nearly every iteration of MK. This style of music fits the MK backdrop perfectly.

Friends of mine that dont dig Ministry even admit this is PERFECT music for MK.

Enjoy :)

Adwel

Noob
:|

3 characters
lol, i just tried to respond with a ? icon only since I didnt understand your message and it said I couldnt submit it without 3 characters.

You clever cocky fella. You still didnt say anything, but now that is confirmed at least.

NuSix3

Boob
I find Britney Spears works pretty well. Specifically her third cd, more specifically the track "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman"

Adwel

Noob
I find Britney Spears works pretty well. Specifically her third cd, more specifically the track "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman"
Yeah..thats wonderful stuff.. *cough*

Try Ministry's:

Supermanic soul:

or

Stigmata:

Then tell me which made you want to destroy *#!$ and which made you want to read a book instead.

Adwel

Noob
wow, just noticed the stigmata link vid is a slower version than the album.

definitely still gives you the idea though ;)

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You know what... you may have inspired me to start wearing headphones at tournaments.

Adwel

Noob
Ok last spam, but just found this vid I never saw.

VERY typical Ministry sound..(of their 4 sound iterations)

Adwel

Noob
You know what... you may have inspired me to start wearing headphones at tournaments.
lol, i highly recommend it.

If you had a lil ministry montage playing, you would DEFINITLY be in your OWN little violent and focused world...

If you PM me, I will be glad to make you a Best Of cd to send you or provide you a list you can assemble yourself.

(although almost ALL ministry works within that timeline)

Pretty stupid way to let everyone know who your favorite band is if you ask me. . .

Anyway, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Cephilic Carnage, Torture Killer and some Pantera is always on shuffle on my 360 when I'm playing.

Adwel

Noob
Pretty stupid way to let everyone know who your favorite band is if you ask me. . .

Anyway, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Cephilic Carnage, Torture Killer and some Pantera is always on shuffle on my 360 when I'm playing.
Actually, I wasnt naming my favorite band. I was doing exactly what I said, suggesting something to try when playing MK.

Sounds like you did exactly what you accused me off immediately after though, heh.

Anyways, try it if you dont know who they are and see for yourself.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Metal - in most forms - is very good at getting the energy flowing, even more mainstream metal (like the Deftones first three cd's, hell the first one is even called Adrenaline) are pretty decent. Though metal is good, I have kicked some serious ass to Rush, or dare I say.... Jethro Tull? I really think it's just boils down to personal preference, but metal is a good place to start for pure adrenaline.

Loot

the special effects
Anyways, when I do ldecide to listen to music when I game it generally consists of Rakim, KRS-One, My Bloody Valentine, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Prince and The Revolution, MF DOOM, Big L, Slough Feg, Kreator, Exodus, OutKast, Alcest, Bathory, and Cynic.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Anyways, when I do ldecide to listen to music when I game it generally consists of Rakim, KRS-One, My Bloody Valentine, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Prince and The Revolution, MF DOOM, Big L, Slough Feg, Kreator, Exodus, OutKast, Alcest, Bathory, and Cynic.
I think thats probably the first time Ive ever heard Lady gaga and Bathory mentioned in the same sentence. lol

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
I know it's not original but the music from the two MK movies had pretty good fighting music. I don't really get so bored that I need music to "enhance" my MK9 experience.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
I was Kaballin' it out yesterday with The House of the Rising Sun(Animals) sarenading my ear parts in the background. Strangely fitting.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yes, its all preference. MK music for me, goes back to 2 things: the campy b-movie music of the first MK (some MK2 too) then the movie soundtracks. While I am one person who hates both movies, the soundtracks they produced are fucking godlike. LOVE industrial/techno/metal, especially all wrapped up into one :coffee:

tehm

Noob
You guys (except for Tim) are nuts: Fear Factory is the ultimate music for playing Mortal Kombat to--Everyone knows this.

They even play them during the best scene in the MK movie!

Kwon

---->----
This is a step by step tutorial on how to enjoy MK more while also increasing your adrenaline TREMENDOUSLY to keep you going late into your gaming nights.

It is a scientific fact that different types of music generate different responses in the mind and in turn the body. Usually, if you know the music, first endorphin's are released in anticipation and then when you hear the parts you know, dopamine is released. Some types of music also increase ADRENALINE. IF you select the proper music to get used to for this effect (like the band I will mention below) you will also gain MUCH MORE ADRENALINE to go with it to increase your response and attack times.

Here are the required steps:

1) Download or purchase as many MINISTRY cd's/mp3's as you can from 1998 through 2008 (it does NOT matter which ones, more the better though and not just one album)
2) Rip them to your Xbox/PS3 HD
3) Play them all on random

This is something I have done since 1998 in nearly every iteration of MK. This style of music fits the MK backdrop perfectly.

Friends of mine that dont dig Ministry even admit this is PERFECT music for MK.

Enjoy :)
Great idea right there, if you replace the songs with

NuSix3

Boob
Hahahahaha... man, it's been so long since I've seen that video. Where the fuck do they come up with these ideas? Like, okay, let's take Britney and film her brooding in the grand canyon, contemplating her issues with maturity. I think the water caverns were probably intended to symbolize natural change... sounds exactly like the kind of cliche crap some lousy foreign video director would come up with.

Here's some more Britney randomness...

Adwel

Noob
U gents have sent this fine thread STRAIGHT TO FN HELL...LOL

Sorry all, for even beginning it. :p

I had noble intentions, but these gents are trying to see how many people they can make shove forks into their own eyes and ears.

Hope some got the initial message out of it!!!

Kwon

---->----
U gents have sent this fine thread STRAIGHT TO FN HELL...LOL

Sorry all, for even beginning it. :p

I had noble intentions, but these gents are trying to see how many people they can make shove forks into their own eyes and ears.

Hope some got the initial message out of it!!!
Well, watching a Britney-vid is a Fatality of sorts. :D